Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Liverpool lost their class

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like I said im not a livepool fan and yes this is my first post but doesn't everyone have to start somewhere my felling is that Liverpool can get back to their glory days but not with the current set up. During the 80s most people would have said Liverpool were their 2nd team because of their success I would genuinely like Liverpool or another top club to dominate European football like barca are at the moment

They picked up many enemies on the way, just like ManU & Chelsea are despised by many now.
Pipping QPR, Ipswich, Spurs, West Ham, and many others to silverware, meant many fans of other clubs then hated LFC. Remember it well.
Simply for winning.
Bit like the 2-1 & 6-1 this season. A couple of dozen nsc contributors won't forgive them, until the next Pompey, CP, type game ... when there will be someone else to hate. Very healthy.

Adsgull

Feb 27, 2012
Southwick
Not a LFC hater and like I said we deserved to lose no problem with the players at all more everything else around the club like the Suarez saga, hicks and Gillette etc maybe if posts are read rather than assumed we could have a proper conversation

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What else do you think they should be allowed to share with us? The video footage of the birth? Their first solid poo? A blow by blow account of their first day at school?

It's a football match. If I wanted to see Jamie Carragher's goofy offspring (I must say, when I saw that kid in the photo above, I assumed it was Junior Suarez), I'll follow him on Twitter and ask for a picture.

Wrong time of the month?

Just askin' like

Feb 14, 2010
Liverpool were in the second division in the 60's and then in the 70's and 80's they won everything. Those 20 odd years of dominance is were they get their reputation from, and they were still a top dog when sky told everyone that would listen that football really didnt start until the Premier League. Although they have not won the title since the premier league started, its not had much of an impact on their image.

"Liverpool fans" are a diverse bunch, from scousers, to Welshmen that should support Wrexham through to the glory hunters from any random town in England. They also have a large Irish support and then there are the tourists.

Leaving aside the controversial stuff about Heysel, and the number of iffy penalties they have had over the years, the thing that people dont like about Liverpool is the utter rubbish talked about the "knowledgeable Liverpool fans".

Liverpool fans are no different to Brighton, Doncaster, Millwall, Ipswich, Leeds or any other fans. Some have a brain, some just believe what the club or the press or other fans tell them to believe.

The other thing that people dont like is the "wonderful atmosphere at Anfield". Of course it is when its the European Cup semi final, where isn't? But the reality is that the atmosphere for an average game is much hotter down the Amex or the New Den and as for big clubs, then Spurs are up there.

Personally, I feel a bit sorry for the town of Liverpool as their club really has been gifted to non Liverpool people and Anfield, like Stamford Bridge these days is 35% full with tourists.

They are however, as a club, just one of the 92 and are no better or worse than any other club. They are just what they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here