Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Liverpool lost their class

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I couldn't care less if players celebrate by bringing their kids on. I just have contempt for Liverpool FC. Simples

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No, you're probably not but I'm pretty sure they'd like to share the special moment with their kids. Nothing wrong with that, it's the players' moment as well as the fans'.

Thin end of the wedge though isn't it. Actually, the thin end was babies in arms for laps of honour, the wedge is getting thicker now they climb teh steps of Wembley for the collection of the trophy. What next, does John Terry drag his missus up there with him, or maybe even someone else's missus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lets have all the players babies and kids on the pitch at the final whistle then, maybe for a choreographed, hand-swaying rendition of "We Are the World" between the players, their families and the fans.

Aren't we being just a tad hypocritical here? Our players had their kids on the pitch at Withdean when they had a lap of honour following the presentation of the League One trophy. Gary Hart had his two daughters with him on the open top bus ride.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What else do you think they should be allowed to share with us? The video footage of the birth? Their first solid poo? A blow by blow account of their first day at school?

It's a football match. If I wanted to see Jamie Carragher's goofy offspring (I must say, when I saw that kid in the photo above, I assumed it was Junior Suarez), I'll follow him on Twitter and ask for a picture.

Calm down dear

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Thin end of the wedge though isn't it. Actually, the thin end was babies in arms for laps of honour, the wedge is getting thicker now they climb teh steps of Wembley for the collection of the trophy. What next, does John Terry drag his missus up there with him, or maybe even someone else's missus.

Just because something has gone further that it will continue to escalate. Right now though I have no issue with kids going up with their parents, it's a nice bonding moment for them. Few players ever get to experience winning a trophy of any kind, let alone something as big as the Carling Cup. Sharing it with their kids seems fine by me. However, I agree that it might need to be addressed if the podium becomes a little overcrowded.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Aren't we being just a tad hypocritical here? Our players had their kids on the pitch at Withdean when they had a lap of honour following the presentation of the League One trophy. Gary Hart had his two daughters with him on the open top bus ride.

They might well have done. Doesn't mean I want to see it continue and manifest.

Open top bus rides are alright, but lets keep kids off pitches and podiums.

silverwizard

Nov 10, 2009
Back in the 70's and 80's when Liverpool; were as dominant as Man U are today they never attracted the same degree of hostility as Utd do now. We were proud of their achievements in Europe and the football they played was superb. In 1979 at the Goldstone they gave a near flawless display of passing and movement to beat an Albion team (who played quite well) 4-1. When the Liverpool team took to the field they were warmly applauded by the home crowd. As a class act they have undoubtedly declined both on and off the pitch. At the same time there is a readiness today to dislike teams and find fault with them that was almost absent back then- no doubt media hype and social netwoks have all played their part in this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Back in the 70's and 80's when Liverpool; were as dominant as Man U are today they never attracted the same degree of hostility as Utd do now. We were proud of their achievements in Europe and the football they played was superb. In 1979 at the Goldstone they gave a near flawless display of passing and movement to beat an Albion team (who played quite well) 4-1. When the Liverpool team took to the field they were warmly applauded by the home crowd. As a class act they have undoubtedly declined both on and off the pitch. At the same time there is a readiness today to dislike teams and find fault with them that was almost absent back then- no doubt media hype and social netwoks have all played their part in this.

Wise words.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Respect has to be earned. Once upon a time Liverpool presented an image that could be admired and respected both on and off the field. Today? No chance. Their manager comes across as a sneering,ungracious and unpleasant individual as do several of the players. it's certainly not the club of Paisley, Shankly or Fagan.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Those that talk about people and class, clearly have none themselves.

smelly

May 23, 2004
Kenny was immaculate after Hillsborough ensuring LFC attendance at every funeral.

Contrast that with his sneering at Geoff Shreeves perfectly reasonable questions the other week and his blinkered defence of Suarez proves that unfortunately, in his case, class is not permanent.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Respect has to be earned. Once upon a time Liverpool presented an image that could be admired and respected both on and off the field. Today? No chance. Their manager comes across as a sneering,ungracious and unpleasant individual as do several of the players. it's certainly not the club of Paisley, Shankly or Fagan.

Agree totally. Dalglish is a complete arsehole

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I was a big follower of the past great teams of Liverpool but over recent years grew to realise that they were now only average sides with accasional highlites.
King Kenny with a huge backing of fans seemed he might bring back the good times but that is no longer looking likely,after narrowly winning the cup on penalties
he stated that its not how we win, as long as we win,if things continue in this fashion i think he will really walk alone.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Oh YES, this.

I also liked the way that an international standard striker who played in a World Cup semi (?) final recently and who has been backed to the HILT by his club in spite of an extraordinarily high profile run in with the authorities, declined to take a penalty in the shoot-out.

If any proof was needed that Suarez is a spineless little weasel, that was it.

surely because his last one was terrible and easily saved?

anyway, how many Liverpool threads do we need on nsc? ???

Adsgull

Feb 27, 2012
Southwick
Like I said im not a livepool fan and yes this is my first post but doesn't everyone have to start somewhere my felling is that Liverpool can get back to their glory days but not with the current set up. During the 80s most people would have said Liverpool were their 2nd team because of their success I would genuinely like Liverpool or another top club to dominate European football like barca are at the moment

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The suarez incident.... no class, the fact that Brighton handed it to them on a plate and gave up at 4-1...no class, drawing with Cardiff and sqeezing through on pens... no class, Dalglish, taken over from Fergie as the most annoying twat and no class. Been thinking this for some time and backed up by my Liverpool supporting brother in law and he is from Liverpool and not a plastic. He apologised to me after the game for there total lack of class and the behaviour of Dalglish and Carrol, he was embarrased by them .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here