Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Liverpool lost their class

Adsgull

Feb 27, 2012
Southwick
I have never been the biggest fan of Liverpool but recently I feel that they have been lacking in class. What with the Suarez affair and all that entailed. 'king kenny' hasn't actually improved the team that much. it's more the stability that the new owners have offered. I think that Liverpool were such a well run well thought of club. Even down to kenny not wearing a suit on sunday just shows that lack of class that Liverpool used to have. This is not a Brighton fan moaning about the result recently we deserved to be beaten but more of a general observation

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I, along with millions of others used to watch and support them whenever they played in the European Cup all those years ago. They were ambassadors for English football in the way they played the game. Remember, in those days there were no easy group stages, just a straight draw against any European team and a home and away leg to qualify for the next stage. Liverpool would bestride Europe like gods...

Now we have sneering in-denial Kenny and his team of carthorses.....

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I was a little shocked he didn't wear a suit during the match. He always seems in interviews that he is teetering on the edge and ready to explode at any minute.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've got no time for Dalglish and never have had. He's embarrassed himself and Liverpool on more than one occasion this season with his blind support for Suarez (how on earth he didn't stop his players going out to warm up in those t-shirts, I will never know). He's easily as one-eyed as Fergie is when it comes to refereeing decisions and his own team's misdemeanours. Whether it was justified or not (and I personally reside firmly on the Not side), Liverpool have traditionally been respected by the general football public for the way in which they conducted their business, in a manner that perhaps Fergie's United sides haven't. It really shows how far Liverpool have fallen this season that Man United have quite comfortably been able to occupy the moral high ground.

That said, I don't really care if Dalglish was wearing a suit, a tracky or a giant clown outfit for the Johnstones' Paint Trop....er I mean the Carling Cup Final.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think the handling of the Suarez business will damage their reputation for quite some time. It was handled unbelievably badly.

What's the betting that Chelsea continue to handle the Terry case just as badly?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Liverpool have had no class since Paisley and Fagan finished. Dalglish and Souness, as well as others, have taken them downhill ever since. Dalglish is one of the few people in this world that I would say "C U Next Tuesday" to...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
article-2107339-11EC98D5000005DC-472_468x286.jpg

"Ehhhhhhhee we just drew with CARDIFF....EEeeeeeeehhheeee, Liverpool are back" etc etc.

And while I'm on, why do footballers INSIST on dragging their offspring around to hold up cups lately ? It started with Denis Wise and his sprog collecting the FA Cup, now loads of them are at it.

Note to soccerists - I don't care about your kids, nor am I remotely interested in them. Save it for your own vast back garden / country estate.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think the handling of the Suarez business will damage their reputation for quite some time. It was handled unbelievably badly.

What's the betting that Chelsea continue to handle the Terry case just as badly?

Chelsea have offered very little comment on the matter, however, in contrast to Liverpool, who were adamant right from the offset that Suarez had done nothing wrong, and continued to maintain that stance up to and long after the point at which he was found guilty. The t-shirt stunt ranks up there amongst the biggest football PR disasters of all time and it says a lot about Suarez himself that he was entirely compliant in it. What an arrogant little shit, allowing his own team mates to run out with a photo of his own face on their shirts.

I can't really remember a lot from Chelsea re Terry, which suggests they are nominally supporting their player until such time as the result of the trial is known. That seems fair enough to me (and I can't stand John Terry).

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Note to soccerists - I don't care about your kids, nor am I remotely interested in them. Save it for your own vast back garden / country estate.

No, you're probably not but I'm pretty sure they'd like to share the special moment with their kids. Nothing wrong with that, it's the players' moment as well as the fans'.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
article-2107339-11EC98D5000005DC-472_468x286.jpg

"Ehhhhhhhee we just drew with CARDIFF....EEeeeeeeehhheeee, Liverpool are back" etc etc.

And while I'm on, why do footballers INSIST on dragging their offspring around to hold up cups lately ? It started with Denis Wise and his sprog collecting the FA Cup, now loads of them are at it.

Oh YES, this.

I also liked the way that an international standard striker who played in a World Cup semi (?) final recently and who has been backed to the HILT by his club in spite of an extraordinarily high profile run in with the authorities, declined to take a penalty in the shoot-out.

If any proof was needed that Suarez is a spineless little weasel, that was it.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Chelsea have offered very little comment on the matter, however, in contrast to Liverpool, who were adamant right from the offset that Suarez had done nothing wrong, and continued to maintain that stance up to and long after the point at which he was found guilty. The t-shirt stunt ranks up there amongst the biggest football PR disasters of all time and it says a lot about Suarez himself that he was entirely compliant in it. What an arrogant little shit, allowing his own team mates to run out with a photo of his own face on their shirts.

I can't really remember a lot from Chelsea re Terry, which suggests they are nominally supporting their player until such time as the result of the trial is known. That seems fair enough to me (and I can't stand John Terry).

I'm pretty certain the Chelsea hierachy vetoed the T-Shirt stunt for Terry after it was mooted by their players after Liverpool did it for Suarez.

I'm firmly in the "never liked Dalglish or Liverpool" camp but their conduct over the Suarez affair has been nothing short of scandalous.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No, you're probably not but I'm pretty sure they'd like to share the special moment with their kids. Nothing wrong with that, it's the players' moment as well as the fans'.

What else do you think they should be allowed to share with us? The video footage of the birth? Their first solid poo? A blow by blow account of their first day at school?

It's a football match. If I wanted to see Jamie Carragher's goofy offspring (I must say, when I saw that kid in the photo above, I assumed it was Junior Suarez), I'll follow him on Twitter and ask for a picture.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Oh YES, this.

I also liked the way that an international standard striker who played in a World Cup semi (?) final recently and who has been backed to the HILT by his club in spite of an extraordinarily high profile run in with the authorities, declined to take a penalty in the shoot-out.

If any proof was needed that Suarez is a spineless little weasel, that was it.

Good point - He's another ****.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What else do you think they should be allowed to share with us? The video footage of the birth? Their first solid poo? A blow by blow account of their first day at school?

It's a football match. If I wanted to see Jamie Carragher's goofy offspring (I must say, when I saw that kid in the photo above, I assumed it was Junior Suarez), I'll follow him on Twitter and ask for a picture.

Jesus, it's not like he brought the kid on for the game, and had him tagging along. It's not even like he brought him onto the pitch in every game at the start. He brought him on after winning in a cup final, I think that's a moment he should be allowed to share with his kid. He's proud of winning (regardless of the fact they only beat a club one division lower on penalties) and wants to have a moment with his kid. What on earth is wrong with that? Just let him have his moment and celebrate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I swear we're only a step away from a pitchside créche being set up between the two technical areas at Wembley.

And am I the only one who sincerly wanted Tevez to trip over and choke on that stupid DUMMY he kept sucking on when he scored ?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I have never really been a fan of Liverpool, but like others said, they always had respect. The whole Suarez situation and the way it was dealt with certianly put a bad mark on the club though...Shame they are not the force they once were, they certainly dont have the quality of players they used to either, i remember the Champions League final against Milan probably being one of the best games of football i have ever watched. Although, yes Liverpool won the Carling Cup but for them to come out afterwards with "World class players are going to want to play for us again" is rubbish, the Carling Cup means nothing to anyone outside of the UK.

Oh and just to add, i cant think of a player i hate more than Suarez.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jesus, it's not like he brought the kid on for the game, and had him tagging along. It's not even like he brought him onto the pitch in every game at the start. He brought him on after winning in a cup final, I think that's a moment he should be allowed to share with his kid. He's proud of winning (regardless of the fact they only beat a club one division lower on penalties) and wants to have a moment with his kid. What on earth is wrong with that? Just let him have his moment and celebrate.

Lets have all the players babies and kids on the pitch at the final whistle then, maybe for a choreographed, hand-swaying rendition of "We Are the World" between the players, their families and the fans.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I remember Chelsea following the same line of saying they will "support their player regardless of the outcome" etc. So, in other words, we want to "Kick Out Racism" unless it involves OUR players, then we'll play along with any bizarre defence he comes up with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here