007.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 180

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Good stuff DTES well done mate :clap:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Good to meet some more NSCers aswell, Simster, Sully and Faldo. As Faldo will agree, the drunk was hilarious:

"Who's Mr Prescott? I'm Mr Dougal, why aren't you making people write to me? Anyway, I'll take this, and do it in the bath..." :jester:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
As was when we were explaining to that woman what we were campaigning for and she kept saying "but I'm sure theres plenty of grounds in Southampton already"

Several people asked me where Brighton was.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
plymouth nige said:
Jim in the West took the flowers to St. Thomas' hospital before going up to Luton
wcnige

Just managed to log back onto NSC after actually having to do some work this morning! Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know that Paul Samrah and myself took the flowers down to St Thomas's after the event, and we got a GREAT reception. They were absolutely gobsmacked, couldn't believe how wonderful we were. Paul & I managed to leave a few hundred leaflets there, plus some letters to sign. Hopefully a few more warriors to the cause! Also, one guy in reception wandered over to me and shook me vigourously by the hand, telling me he was a Charlton season-ticket holder, and really wanted to support us.

Can I also take this opportunity to say an extra Thank You to Paul Samrah and Paul Camillin, who did a great job organising the event, and also to the police, who let us loiter outside 26 Whitehall for the best part of 3 hours. They could easily have spoiled things, but after gentle persuasion let us get on with it.

If anyone is a bit down today, can I please urge you to get involved - doing something like this really raises the spirits!

ballonboy (aka Jim in the West)

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
what a great effort from everyone, it looked amazing on the bbc south news, made all my housemates get up and watch it! made me proud to be a fan!:clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
balloonboy said:
Just managed to log back onto NSC after actually having to do some work this morning! Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know that Paul Samrah and myself took the flowers down to St Thomas's after the event, and we got a GREAT reception. They were absolutely gobsmacked, couldn't believe how wonderful we were. Paul & I managed to leave a few hundred leaflets there, plus some letters to sign. Hopefully a few more warriors to the cause! Also, one guy in reception wandered over to me and shook me vigourously by the hand, telling me he was a Charlton season-ticket holder, and really wanted to support us.

Well done guys, well done. Now if that doesn't make you feel all warm inside, nothing will.

BHAFC, cheering up the sick and infirm of London.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Lush said:
Why did Ian Hart say that they'd "all gone in a wheelie bin" on SCR last night. Even if he'd been mis-informed, he didn't HAVE to say it.

I nearly fell on the floor when he said that. Not the cleverest bit of campaigning that he's done.

But yes, top job everyone :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just a thought- if anyone is speaking to anyone else in the media regarding the flowers, you should definitely mention the fact that they went to St Thomas's Hospital and say just how delighted they were with them. Particularly Balloonboy, as you were there.

Then it becomes a human interest story for any journos out there, and portrays us in a great light, contrary to the typical tabloid image of football fans. You can't buy that kind of publicity normally so we should capitalise on it if we can, without looking too desperate. How often have football fans donated flowers to ill people in the past?!

Shame we couldn't have got photos of some of the hospital staff with the flowers (thinking with a PR hat on here!).

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
DTES said:
Good to meet some more NSCers aswell, Simster, Sully and Faldo. As Faldo will agree, the drunk was hilarious:

"Who's Mr Prescott? I'm Mr Dougal, why aren't you making people write to me? Anyway, I'll take this, and do it in the bath..." :jester:

One of the many reasons why I love good ole London town!

*tongue firmly in cheek*

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
edna krabappel said:
Just a thought- if anyone is speaking to anyone else in the media regarding the flowers, you should definitely mention the fact that they went to St Thomas's Hospital and say just how delighted they were with them. Particularly Balloonboy, as you were there.

Then it becomes a human interest story for any journos out there, and portrays us in a great light, contrary to the typical tabloid image of football fans. You can't buy that kind of publicity normally so we should capitalise on it if we can, without looking too desperate. How often have football fans donated flowers to ill people in the past?!

Shame we couldn't have got photos of some of the hospital staff with the flowers (thinking with a PR hat on here!).

I think Paul Samrah had something planned. I guess we should have taken some pictures, but then it might have made it look a bit like a stunt. To be honest, I don't think we knew what to expect. The fact that we just went in there and gave them all the flowers made it seem very natural. I'd be happy to do a quick interview for SCR (or whatever, if anyone has a contact there). PM me if so.

DTES said:
The big guns:

CAN SOME OF THESE PICS BE POSTED BACK ON THE OTHER SUPPORTERS SITES...IT MAY DRUM UP MORE SUPPORT

DTES can you do that???

LC

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I have posted some on the Bury site as they have been great, but Rosalyn is going to upload her pictures when Lord Bracknell "gets off her computer." She has plenty more pics of the individual clubs flowers.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm glad there are no pics of my poor excuse for flowers!! I'll never buy flowers at Charing Cross again.

Was great to meet everyone, some old some new, and a fantastic day out.

I'll never forget seeing Pethick's Haircut being turned down by several women when trying to give them FREE flowers. :lolol:

Good work by all.

:clap:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
London Calling said:
CAN SOME OF THESE PICS BE POSTED BACK ON THE OTHER SUPPORTERS SITES...IT MAY DRUM UP MORE SUPPORT

DTES can you do that???

LC

Yes, I could, but don't know any of the addresses. Let me know them, and I'll happily put my pictures on them.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Other club sites

Is anyone organising a blitz of cheery "support us" stuff to other club sites ...

Got a feeling of Fans United all over this ... brings a tear:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here