Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have all albums this year from established bands been SHIT?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Muse.......shit
Arctic Monkeys......shit
Green Day.....shit
Placebo.......shit
The Enemy......shit
Pearl Jam (from what I have heard to date).......looking a bit shitty

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Shit thread - nothing to see here.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I had heard the Muse album was excellent.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nothing like astute observation, and guess what this thread is ? Yes, nothing like astute, just ass.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I had heard the Muse album was excellent.

I own it, and, IN MY OPINION, it is excellent.

However, as I've learnt over the years I actually don't know jack about music, so my opinion doesn't count, especially when compared to the massively brained music experts on NSC :rolleyes:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I own it, and, IN MY OPINION, it is excellent.

However, as I've learnt over the years I actually don't know jack about music, so my opinion doesn't count, especially when compared to the massively brained music experts on NSC :rolleyes:

I got in yesterday, really excited to stick it in the CD player, and was hugely disappointed. I have all the others listed too, but nothing has done it for me, am I turning into my DAD?

But as you say, it is all about opinions.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I got in yesterday, really excited to stick it in the CD player, and was hugely disappointed. I have all the others listed too, but nothing has done it for me, am I turning into my DAD?

But as you say, it is all about opinions.

It sounds to me like you're Turning into Spielberg.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Steady.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

At least you are learning mate!

(how were they the other week btw?)

Tend to agree with El Pres to be honest. Although Kasabian's effort is pretty damn good IMO.

I also like the Twang's second album even though it got universally panned in the press.

Forgot I pre ordered PJ's album and it came some time last week. Listened to the first few tracks in the car this morning and it seems ok, but I'll save judgment until I've had a proper listen.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You're spot on that the Green Day one is abysmal. It sounds like the same song over and over, apart from the kinks-esque gem that is 21 Guns. Having said that, I have no idea why I even bought it after the last one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El Pres you forgot Depeche Mode "Sounds of the Universe".

Is it worth a listen Cov? I think they have been on a downward trend since Violator, but that did set a very high watermark. Ultra and Exciter were pretty good though.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Is it worth a listen Cov? I think they have been on a downward trend since Violator, but that did set a very high watermark. Ultra and Exciter were pretty good though.

As a Depeche Mode fan I would say its worth a listen but it is poor. Are DM on a downward trend? Well Playing the Angel was not great. So may be its the beginning of the end.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
How did The Enemy not get sued by other bands after their last album. I loved the first album but Music for the People was shockingly bad.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
İbrahim Tatlıses;3129708 said:
I generally dislike the type of music of the bands listed, however I thought the new Muse album was very good.

I listened to it for the first time in the car and thought they were trying too hard to be Queen. It deserves another play based on your comments and those of others.

However this is NSC and perhaps I have been infected by the IMMEDIATE WRITE off mode gene :ohmy:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How did The Enemy not get sued by other bands after their last album. I loved the first album but Music for the People was shockingly bad.

Agree totally about the first album, the fact that someone from Coventry is criticising The Enemy shows how bad it is, it would be like a Mancunian slagging off The Stone Roses.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Agree totally about the first album, the fact that someone from Coventry is criticising The Enemy shows how bad it is, it would be like a Mancunian slagging off The Stone Roses.

Oi I'm from Brighton I live in Coventry:D. The Enemy's reputation has suffered up here since the last album. Its a shame really as the first album was great. Their performance up here at the Ricoh supporting Oasis was a let down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here