Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Havant and Waterlooville vs Brighton and Hove Albion - Official Match Thread

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back, thought the Albion played ok tonight. Felt like a different attitude to the Lewes friendly last year, everybody more determined and better application. Joel Lynch, Craig Davies, Spiller and Cox stood out for me in the first half. Thought Murray was a little out of it. 2nd half only Dicker and Kuipers stood out. Hart battled hard whilst I felt Ricketts looked a bit unfit, though linked the play well when he received the ball - nearly scored from the halfway line at the start of the 2nd half. Brilliant save from Kuipers early in the 2nd half....

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
RS said in his interview on SW yesterday that all three are on trial and that they would likely feature in both games.

Thats what the argus said yesterday as well but they seem to have changed the story today, :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe, he was ok in the warm-ups, part of 'the crack' etc..., but just never really got into the game, whereas Davies was clearly on a mission (may be it was because he wore lime green boots!!)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
"A" team first half, much better than second half. New Goalkeeper didn't have much to do, but FDM made a couple of very good saves, should still be 1st choice.
Very small forks to eat your chips with, tea OK.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
"A" team first half, much better than second half. New Goalkeeper didn't have much to do, but FDM made a couple of very good saves, should still be 1st choice.
Very small forks to eat your chips with, tea OK.

I didn't go tonight but cannot see how you can say Kuipers should still be number one when you have seen Smith for 45 minutes and he had little to do.

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
Not long back from the game, decent first half performance, 2nd not as good but changed it around from the first half. smith didn't have much to do...would have been good to test him a bit more but kuipers i thought was excellent, saved some strong shots.

thought spiller looked good, rickettes ok but looks well old!
Not a bad ground for blue square south side!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Cos it's just possible the result would have been 2-2, without MK in the" B" team. Lack of effective midfield gave him plenty to do.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Went tonight, thought first half Lynch looked quality and Mark Wright looked very good. Davies was a handful with his pace and looked lively but end product lacked a little, but still he caused problems. To be honest first half was much better than the second and i thought Spiller and Crofts didnt really impress, but to be fair first game and all....
Ricketts looked poor, didnt really look fit and looked lazy. Held the ball up a couple of times but never looked dangerous, and didnt even win much in the air imo.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
Think it's Lewis Ide

lewis ide , youth team capt last year , (2nd year scholar) ruptured his cruciate ligament last oct , played 2 youth games at the end of last season and 2 reserves at end of season , charlton and eastbourne , normally plays centre mid , so good luck to the kid ( because of his injury they have extended his apprentership until oct i believe)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
lewis ide , youth team capt last year , (2nd year scholar) ruptured his cruciate ligament last oct , played 2 youth games at the end of last season and 2 reserves at end of season , charlton and eastbourne , normally plays centre mid , so good luck to the kid ( because of his injury they have extended his apprentership until oct i believe)

Played wide left and looked a pretty good player second half! How old is he?

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
i think he is 18 , i saw him a bit the season before last and the season before that , he normally plays in the middle and he never shirks a tackle , it also looks like he is well over his injury

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Ricketts looked poor, didnt really look fit and looked lazy. Held the ball up a couple of times but never looked dangerous, and didnt even win much in the air imo.

I thought he looked like he could benefit greatly from an intensive pre-season fitness regime: but lazy?? I thought his movement & positioning looked real quality at times; & don't forget that the balls played in towards him during the 2nd half were generally very poor. Not sure if he really 'wants it' with us, but I think he'd be a quality acquisition if he did. We shall see...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here