Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the Falmer saga tainted your view of Lewes?

ITS OWN f***ing CURRENCY, YES!!! :rant:

the stupid bonfire night

As a Worthing fan it is down in my veins to hate the six-fingered lot from Lose FC, and so the two things above i have made into my own chant.

U CAN STICK UR FUCIKIN CURENCY ON UR BONFIRE (x2)
U CAN STICK UR FUCKIN CURRENCY(x2)
U CAN STICK UR FUCKIN CURREnCY ON UR BONFIRE!!!

Though lewes as a town and a football "team" who can only muster 2 supporters to go to Torquay, they provide great comic relief on the Worthing forum, with link to it if anyone wants a look: Rebel Rebels - Unofficial Worthing FC Forum - Lewes FC Comedy Corner

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I found it ironic when I went to watch a Brighton 1sts hockey game and found that they playing their home fixtures at Lewes' state of the art ground whilst Brighton hockey club were stuggling to get funding and planning permission for their own ground. I did wonder if Lewes were in any way instrumental in the nimbysm surrounding the Brighton hockey application to build a new clubhouse and pitches in Brighton:lol: Apparently not in this case.

The fact that they had to play in Lewes did piss me off and I'm not even a hockey fan.

I do feel quite anti Lewes I admit

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As a Worthing fan it is down in my veins to hate the six-fingered lot from Lose FC, and so the two things above i have made into my own chant.

U CAN STICK UR FUCIKIN CURENCY ON UR BONFIRE (x2)
U CAN STICK UR FUCKIN CURRENCY(x2)
U CAN STICK UR FUCKIN CURREnCY ON UR BONFIRE!!!

Though lewes as a town and a football "team" who can only muster 2 supporters to go to Torquay, they provide great comic relief on the Worthing forum, with link to it if anyone wants a look: Rebel Rebels - Unofficial Worthing FC Forum - Lewes FC Comedy Corner

The whole point though is that the people who follow Lewes FC tend not to be those connected with the Bonfire, currency etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personally I LIKE the whole Wicker Man aspects of Lewes. Secret bonfire societies, slightly sinister unwelcoming pubs, ancient old castle and crumbly old ruins, flint-walled medieval bowling greens and a football ground called The Dripping Pan. It's how olde county towns SHOULD be. Don't know why we should expect the council should be any different really. But we do.

black night

Dec 25, 2006
the stupid bonfire night, real ale, beards, shit castles, 2cv driving lecturer pricks. It was the County Town of Cntishness long before all this.

Lewes - For Lefties Who Find Brighton a Bit Frightening

it should say as you drive in.

spanish you need to find out one or two points before you post here !

The whole point though is that the people who follow Lewes FC tend not to be those connected with the Bonfire, currency etc.

The problem is that people, rightly or wrongly, see Baker and LDC as representative of Lewes as a town (that is their job, after all, to apparently look after Lewes's best interests).

Just like 90% of Leeds/Millwall/Cardiff etc fans are not actually skinhead thugs, most Lewes residents are probably not complete NIMBY c*nts, but they've got the people that supposedly represent them to thank for that impression being formed.

The problem is that people, rightly or wrongly, see Baker and LDC as representative of Lewes as a town
There are plenty of people in Lewes town who complain constantly that Lewes District Council is only really interested in Seaford, Newhaven and Peacehaven.

And I'm not talking about the newcomers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I just dislike the entire town and the shops etc. In every town you will find the Johnny do good busybodies poking their noses into things which are not really their business and LDC were no different. Falmer Parish Council I can tolerate, all though I do not agree with their arguments, because the stadium may or probably will affect them.

black night

Dec 25, 2006
i know a lot of albion fans in lewes and have given the counil a lot of s#it .
will not say to much its not all legal what went on ! and it still going on now

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I like Lewes and Lewesians. They wont be druv!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I like Lewes, it should be a fantastic place to visit what with everything it has to offer. But there is a small minority over there who ruin it. The holier than thou brigade, and those type of people I can do without rubbing shoulders with. They can have the bloody place for all I care. Shame that some of the small shopkeepers need the passing trade to keep in business.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
The majority of Lewes people do not oppose Falmer, do not take part in Bonfire night, do not drink only Harveys, in fact would not even label themselves "Lewes people". Pretentious tossers and bigots have decided to hijack an entire town to their ends - I left and will never ever go back - unless my mum's cooking me dinner!

Were we seperated at birth? :wave:

Although there were many pretentious tossers there when I grew up too ... and left. :censored:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
People: Haven't got a problem with

LDC and Norman Baker: Have many problems with

Football club: Wish them well and hope they find their level and secure a long term future

Harveys: Mmmmm

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
It has me. Obviously there are many, pro-stadium, Albion fans living there, but the behaviour of the town’s MP and council over the last few years has left me with a real feeling of dislike towards the place, to the point where I am not willing to spend any money there and hope the football team fails as miserably as possible.

Is this a tad EXTREME, or do you feel SIMILAR?

Safeway in semi-sensible post shock!

I hated Lewes even before the stadium issue by the way.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I like Lewes, it should be a fantastic place to visit what with everything it has to offer. But there is a small minority over there who ruin it. The holier than thou brigade, and those type of people I can do without rubbing shoulders with. They can have the bloody place for all I care. Shame that some of the small shopkeepers need the passing trade to keep in business.

There are people like that in every town and village in Britain, unfortunately they aren't all in the same town or village...that would help the rest of us avoid them!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It has me. Obviously there are many, pro-stadium, Albion fans living there, but the behaviour of the town’s MP and council over the last few years has left me with a real feeling of dislike towards the place, to the point where I am not willing to spend any money there and hope the football team fails as miserably as possible.

Do you feel SIMILAR?

Sadly, yes, I do. I've never been to Lewes, and no longer want to. Funny how things affect you...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here