Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the Falmer saga tainted your view of Lewes?

It has me. Obviously there are many, pro-stadium, Albion fans living there, but the behaviour of the town’s MP and council over the last few years has left me with a real feeling of dislike towards the place, to the point where I am not willing to spend any money there and hope the football team fails as miserably as possible.

Is this a tad EXTREME, or do you feel SIMILAR?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I like lewes it has lots of pointy buildings and narrow minded streets :thumbsup:

I like what you've done there :bowdown:

I don't hold it against the town or the people that live there. I DO hold it against :

> Their lying twat of an MP
> Their lying council
> And EVERYBODY that lives in Falmer ( except Derek Chapman obviously )

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the stupid bonfire night, real ale, beards, shit castles, 2cv driving lecturer pricks. It was the County Town of Cntishness long before all this.

Lewes - For Lefties Who Find Brighton a Bit Frightening

it should say as you drive in.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I suffer from hypermotropia and, as such, my view of Lewes was tainted from birth

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Don't tar us all with the same brush....i hate the poxy place and most of its arty-farty liberal residents.

There's nothing wrong with real ale though.

If you really want to wind up the natives, go and post something similar on Lewes Forum. Discuss parking, flooding, bonfire societies, phoenix development and black magic ...they love a good wind up especially if you mention that you're a DFL (down from London)....they hate those types infiltrating their precious town :lolol:

Don't muddle up Lewes District Council and Lewes Town Council. They are different organisations.

And don't associate all of the LDC opponents of the stadium with the town of Lewes. Peacehaven, Telscombe Cliffs and Kingston (all in Lewes district) deserve the pointing finger as well.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Don't tar us all with the same brush....i hate the poxy place and most of its arty-farty liberal residents.

There's nothing wrong with real ale though.

If you really want to wind up the natives, go and post something similar on Lewes Forum. Discuss parking, flooding, bonfire societies, phoenix development and black magic ...they love a good wind up especially if you mention that you're a DFL (down from London)....they hate those types infiltrating their precious town :lolol:

oh mate that is brilliant. thank you. thank you. That's my afternoon sorted.

Attachments

• env_lewdis.jpg
    env_lewdis.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 363

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
After we have won the lottery we will move to Lewes its a place I have always liked (I love Brighton but its to fast now for my liking) and of coarse winning the lottery would facilitate me buying a box at the New Goldstone (Falmer).

and what chance of this I hear you say

none
muttley.gif

I like lewes it has lots of pointy buildings and narrow minded streets :thumbsup:

I like the new avatar. If we wait long enough, will something jump out of the water?

( PS for anyone reading this in the future, if Taybha subsequently changes his avatar from the fishing scenario, then my post will look like moronic irrelevant drivel because the avatar is updated on all historic posts. Take this as a warning that a comment on someone's avatar could turn into a Two Ronnies sketch! )

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I like the new avatar. If we wait long enough, will something jump out of the water?

i stared at it for a full 5 mins in vain hope that either the float goes under or it gets dark but im afraid my computer skills are nil as i still have not figured out how you guys upload all the pics ect yet :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lewes will always be to me the home of murky small town MASONIC politics. Falmer Village even more so. They almost killed the Albion for the sake of their precious property prices. And tho there's a credit crunch on, I reckon the Lewes FC board putting The Rooks up for sale has WAY more to do with a Supporters Trust being formed and there being no way that LDC could just quietly slip the freehold to The Dripping Pan under the counter to the property developing board in exchange for (**** remainder of post deleted on advice of NSC lawyers ****)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The majority of Lewes people do not oppose Falmer, do not take part in Bonfire night, do not drink only Harveys, in fact would not even label themselves "Lewes people". Pretentious tossers and bigots have decided to hijack an entire town to their ends - I left and will never ever go back - unless my mum's cooking me dinner!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
And that's pretty much the same everywhere - Britain's seems to be largely made up of people living in communities they take little or no part in. So I guess, no, I don't feel hate towards Lewis. The only town I've ever felt allegiance to is actually Brighton - yet I've never lived there!! That's why football clubs are so important I guess, they give a sense of civic pride and bind people together, good job we all fought to save it therefore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here