Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Robinson gone

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I its not true, Jake is true Brighton and a great talent, I would rather see him fight for his place and get more chances on the wing.

He is young and still has a lot to offer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I its not true, Jake is true Brighton and a great talent, I would rather see him fight for his place and get more chances on the wing.

He is young and still has a lot to offer.
Its already been mentioned in the Argus that Jakey realises he may have to move on in order to keep playing football as his contract is up at the end of the season.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
reckon he will go and prove us wrong - he is way too stale to play for us, but a move could be just what he needs to get back to being the jake robinson of late 2004/05 season

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
he was generally very lethargic and was as usual scared of a tackle coming in and I am suprised with his attitude towards pulling out of tackles that he hasnt seriously been injured, that may well be because he doesnt get near enough to a player to get tackled. Sorry I am very much in the not good enough camp

Surely that is Fleetwood, I don't think he has even tried to win a single tackle since joining on loan, instead he moves away and gives the opposition player all the time and space he needs.

I'd rather have Robinson instead of Fleetwood any day of the week.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Surely that is Fleetwood, I don't think he has even tried to win a single tackle since joining on loan, instead he moves away and gives the opposition player all the time and space he needs.

Ye, exactly how i feel.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I think that it applies equally to both of them that is why I am hoping MA will bring in a striker either on loan or permanent before the weekend.

As I have said previously what is Robinsons best position winger or striker after watching him I dont know, does anybody

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If Robinson had arrived on load from say Preston in October and had been playing regularly the way he has done for the last year or so, you'd all be flaying him alive. Can't/won't tackle, isn't a finisher, rarely beats his man and to make it worse he very occasionally does all these things to prove it is possible. You'd be slagging him off big time - but there is history and he's a youth product so people make astonishing (and may be until recently, valid) allowances.

Sadly, you can't be the next big thing when the next two next big things have been and gone. He's not going to make it - move on.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If Robinson had arrived on load from say Preston in October and had been playing regularly the way he has done for the last year or so, you'd all be flaying him alive. Can't/won't tackle, isn't a finisher, rarely beats his man and to make it worse he very occasionally does all these things to prove it is possible. You'd be slagging him off big time - but there is history and he's a youth product so people make astonishing (and may be until recently, valid) allowances.

Sadly, you can't be the next big thing when the next two next big things have been and gone. He's not going to make it - move on.

Couldn't agree more with that, so many chances over the years, why does he deserve another one over someone else after not producing so many times? I'd rather give a youngster a go than someone who can rarely deliver the goods required at this level to be honest... Time to go, free up some wages.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Its already been mentioned in the Argus that Jakey realises he may have to move on in order to keep playing football as his contract is up at the end of the season.

It's mentioned in todays argus that Micky Adams expects there to be developments with Robinson this week and he thinks the possibility is that Robinson will leave.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Interesting that in the last 23 games of Wilkins' reign Robinson started only 3 times and one of those was the Swansea match on the last day of the 2007-08 season when a number of bit part players played because all our loans had returned to their clubs. He was sub on another 12 occasions. For the first 23 games of last season he started 15 and was sub on 6 occasions. You can argue his gradual descent began well into Wilkins reign and has continued under Adams. Probably a move would do him good as sometimes being in the same place can make you complacent.
You're right, he ended up benched as we brought Westlake in and moved Cox to the right. We played a more defensive style post-January, which is possibly why he got less of a look in. I think as a striker he was finished off by that long goalless run in Wilkins' first season, but still that is the only time he has had a real run in the first team.
I agree that a change of scenery, a drop in level and probably more regular football could see him improve which he has not really done here sadly.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
care to back that up Mr Ben? He is on silly wages in my opinion, may not be that much in the scheme of things but its still alot considering his role in the squad since we left the Championship

And it's enough (reportedly) for him to turn down a move elsewhere because his wages could not be matched.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
all this talk about the wages is complete and utter bollocks, brighton wont let jake leave until the club signs a striker. he hasn't turned down aldershot and hasn't spoke to anyone yet... sounds like the move depends on brighton getting striker craig davies from oldham

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thas the first time I've heard about Craig Davies similar player to Kevin Kyle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here