Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Robinson gone

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
did you go?
yer he missed a chance but also created for himself the only real chance he made for himself in the 2nd half.given a run of games he would prove the doubters wrong but that obviously aint gonna happen here

Yes I did go and thought that he was appalling he had one good effort from long range other than that he missed 3 good chances that a striker should, could, would have taken and he was generally very lethargic and was as usual scared of a tackle coming in and I am suprised with his attitude towards pulling out of tackles that he hasnt seriously been injured, that may well be because he doesnt get near enough to a player to get tackled. Sorry I am very much in the not good enough camp he has had ample opportunity to prove his worth but has failed except on the very odd occassion. He excelled with Aldershot when they were in the Conference just hope he can do the same for them in League 2.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a disgrace

Obviously you are a fan of his, judging by your avator, but personally I think Robinson is so over rated by some people. Since his good couple of months in October/November 2006, how many games has he actually done anything useful in? I think he needs to move on and would be happy to see him leave, especially if we got a fee for him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Last I heard, we accepted an offer from Aldershot for Jake but they didnt not want to pay the silly wages he is on here, and he did not want to drop his wages even though his contract is up at the end of the season
What would you class as silly wages?

I've been saying this for a while:we let our squad run down because we stuffed it with youngsters who reached a FA youth cup quarter final.That's quite cheap,and great if it works.Sadly,many of the young players had peaked at Newcastle,and now the first team is reaping the benefit of a nearsighted policy,and most of our younger players will end up at a lower level, a level which better suits them.

Are these the same youngsters that got us to 7th place last season? Perhaps it is because they have been made to feel second rate this season by the manager that they are not performing to their best. I'm not saying they are world beaters, but they are proven League 1 players who still have the capacity to improve if properly handled.
How can you say that developing the youth team through the ranks is a near sighted policy?

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Are these the same youngsters that got us to 7th place last season? Perhaps it is because they have been made to feel second rate this season by the manager that they are not performing to their best. I'm not saying they are world beaters, but they are proven League 1 players who still have the capacity to improve if properly handled

Agree with this. If McGhee had left at the end of the relegation season (or not left at all) Wilkins might still be coaching the youngsters, which seems to have been his forte with A N Other in the hot seat and things may be a lot better than they are now. Guess we'll never know...

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I for one would be disapointed to see him go!! Although he does have the tendency to be indredibly frustrating & has not lived up to his vast potential he is still better than what we have got.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I for one would be disapointed to see him go!! Although he does have the tendency to be indredibly frustrating & has not lived up to his vast potential he is still better than what we have got.

Erm, he IS what we've got. ???

Junior sully will certainly be disappointed to see him go. He even asked for squad number 19 at his club last season and this.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's pretty obvious what Adams thinks of him, from selections, from the fact that even when on the bench he only brings him on if Forster asks :lol: and from saying last week we did not have a recognised striker on the pitch other than Forster against Luton. Personally I don't think Fleetwood is any better than Robinson but obviously Adams doesn't want him, hopefully if he is going that might mean we have someone else on the way in but I wouldn't bet against him just being let go without a replacement.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
It's pretty obvious what Adams thinks of him, from selections, from the fact that even when on the bench he only brings him on if Forster asks :lol: and from saying last week we did not have a recognised striker on the pitch other than Forster against Luton. Personally I don't think Fleetwood is any better than Robinson but obviously Adams doesn't want him, hopefully if he is going that might mean we have someone else on the way in but I wouldn't bet against him just being let go without a replacement.

Although he does flatter to decieve there is still a buzz about the place when he is running at a defender which you dont get with fleetwood.

If we had Signed Anyinsah then i could see how Jake maybe seen as surplus but we didnt!!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

Interesting that in the last 23 games of Wilkins' reign Robinson started only 3 times and one of those was the Swansea match on the last day of the 2007-08 season when a number of bit part players played because all our loans had returned to their clubs. He was sub on another 12 occasions. For the first 23 games of last season he started 15 and was sub on 6 occasions. You can argue his gradual descent began well into Wilkins reign and has continued under Adams. Probably a move would do him good as sometimes being in the same place can make you complacent.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Reminds me of Junior McDougald,............you know he can do it and sometimes he is top notch but normally never quite does enough.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Aldershot manager is being asked at half time about the Jakey situation. Stay tuned to SCR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here