Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Poyet cracked?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Though many WW comments are to be quickly forgotten/discarded, here I do believe he's made some relevant points. The team selection led many baffled none more so than the team, who looked like they really didn't know or understand the system. Gus does mess around far too often with the system and selections, I know its the modern idea but I'm not sure its necessary (notwithstanding the forced change at LB).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Taking away WWs style which always gets a reaction, drill it down and to be fair he makes some very good pointa. I was baffled by his selection on Tuesday.

No, he doesn't.

He's making a statement and then telling everyone he doesn't understand them. The point is, and it's not only this post (see WW passim), is that he is blaming Gus for his lack of comprehension, rather than himself.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is classic WW fishing though.

Provocative headline followed by a one sided extreme analysis of events, leading to two sets of entrenched views battling it out for a couple of pages whilst WW reads it all whilst beating his cock like a ginger stepchild at the binfest he has created.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
oh dear I thought this was a forum where fans can share their views etc. Just because the op has a different view to the many on here why abuse him so much? It would be very boring on here if everyone had the same views etc

Spot on. And in fairness whilst his style is not subtle WW makes some extremely salient points.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
And personally I do find the constant changing of formation and personnel frustrating. But, I'm on the Gus Bus.

This, Gus still doesn't seem to know his best team although I think one of the reasons for his constant tinkering is because he's searching for that elusive formula that will produce goals. Hopefully the January window will solve that problem and there can be a measure of selection stability thereafter.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Provocative headline followed by a one sided extreme analysis of events, leading to two sets of entrenched views battling it out for a couple of pages whilst WW reads it all whilst beating his cock like a ginger stepchild at the binfest he has created.

I genuinely thought I was going to sick up my cup of tea for laughing so much...!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

beautifully put. You have poetry in your heart......Beautiful.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Bang on Buster

EDIT: Can't you ban him for 48 hours after any loss or draw

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Brilliant

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Been saying it for ages and ages, there are many factors why, just just look at the body language of some of the players, their gone. I will be amazed if Poyet pulls this around, sure we will got a result here and there, but we won't be top 6 come May under Poyet.....Did anyone hear Cms on Talksport Tuesday morning, talk about sounding pissed off,,and then he went out and played the worst game I have ever seen him play....Interesting what he said about players talking to Poyet in training!!!!!!!!..Look no further folks...History shows you that dictators have their time, then ultimately fail spectacularly.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Needing a target man, signing Dobbie

your posts are embarrassing but I did get as far as this (first) line and this is one gem you belch up regularly. Poyet said he saw Dobbie as a Vicente type did he not? Someone able to produce something different to unlock defences. Not a target man.

anyway, carry on

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Been saying it for ages and ages, there are many factors why, just just look at the body language of some of the players, their gone. I will be amazed if Poyet pulls this around, sure we will got a result here and there, but we won't be top 6 come May under Poyet.....Did anyone hear Cms on Talksport Tuesday morning, talk about sounding pissed off,,and then he went out and played the worst game I have ever seen him play....Interesting what he said about players talking to Poyet in training!!!!!!!!..Look no further folks...History shows you that dictators have their time, then ultimately fail spectacularly.

You're delusional. You constantly make stuff up to suit your cynical agenda.

Please stop as its incredibly dull.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Such negativity.....I sometimes wonder why some of you so called 'FANS' bother to go to matches ...there are another 91 teams you can support if you don't like Gus....bet some of you were cheering Gus to the rafters when he got us to the title on a shoestring....now because we are not romping this league you want to hang him from the rafters.....fickle comes to mind!

I concur. We ARE moving forward, that's what counts. I think we all knew Gus would make mistakes but so does any manager even Sir Alex Of Trafford. When we got to The Championship we were aware that we'd need to grow a little moere before getting to The Premiership otherwise we'd get battered every week. This is that period where we learn so lets enjoy being in the mix & be thankful that we are still in with a shout of making the play offs this season. I think we are alright, that's my view anyway but then again I am an optimistic person who is extremely thankful that we have come out of the Withdean years & before still with a club to support, and that's just what I'll do. Support

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
While there might be a hint of sense in the OPs original musings, I can't concentrate fully on it because I'm too concerned about the relegation battle we've been plunged into by this crap manager we've got. What's that? We're in the top half of one of the most competitive leagues in football? Oh...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Rome wasn't built in a day, progress is being made and that makes me happy.

Reactors don't listen to the idiots, they are the same people every season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here