Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Nathan Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew? - Sacked 12/02/2023

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My view is that Jones’ personality is such that he can certainly motivate a set of players; this alone (with some luck) will get you some success in the lower leagues/small clubs and probably where Luton come in.

When you move to a bigger club there’s a lot more you need to consider like signings, budgets, tactics, formations, egos, improving players etc. I can’t say I have seen any evidence of this outside of Luton.

As has been said, if yesterday was the best he could come up with after 6 weeks on the training ground and against a club he knows it says a lot about his limitations.
His post-match comments were interesting. Seemed to consist of not much more than saying he’d been trying to instil ‘more aggression’ and not be ‘weak when defending’, then admitted they’d failed on both of those. If I I was a Saints fan I’d probably be asking ‘what is the actual point of Nathan Jones ?’

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't there something about him being friends with one of the higher ups? That probaby factored into his decsions (along with the increased wage, opportunity to manage in the premier league with a team that is one of the better options for survival).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
His post-match comments were interesting. Seemed to consist of not much more than saying he’d been trying to instil ‘more aggression’ and not be ‘weak when defending’, then admitted they’d failed on both of those. If I I was a Saints fan I’d probably be asking ‘what is the actual point of Nathan Jones ?’

These comments support my thoughts perfectly. He’s a L1/lower Championship manager hopelessly out of his depth.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Love how cocky we get after beating a shit side, last PL game we lost to a shit Villa side at home where I thought RDZ made a bollocks of the subs.

Has to be said, does get like a particularly dumb echo chamber on here at times :lolol:
People getting happy when the boys win = cocky idiots, dumb echo chamber

The two of you and your likes wanting TB to sell the club and all the staff and players to get sacked after any poor result = realistic, balanced perspectives coming from the most sensible of minds

Its a fascinating lack of self-awareness really. Narcissism at its finest.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Love how cocky we get after beating a shit side, last PL game we lost to a shit Villa side at home where I thought RDZ made a bollocks of the subs.
Yesterday was barely a test…..they were dire (and surely doomed). Will be a bit different on here after the next game perhaps

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Some seem unable to just enjoy the moment. I doubt anyone will cry a lot if we lose to the league leaders next.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
People getting happy when the boys win = cocky idiots, dumb echo chamber

The two of you and your likes wanting TB to sell the club and all the staff and players to get sacked after any poor result = realistic, balanced perspectives coming from the most sensible of minds

It’s a fascinating lack of self-awareness really. Narcissism at its finest.
😂 dreary me get back in your meat ball box.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
"Not one other Premier League team would have appointment this idiot"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is a suggestion the sporting director (or similar) at Saints is a very good personal friend of Nathan Jones … but agreed strange appointment at the time and looking even stranger now. Definitely promoted above his current abilities

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
In fairness to NJ, they are the new PL 'one man team'. KWP was solid too but the rest were poor. It is a club that has lost its way.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They were so poor yesterday, but you can only beat whats in front of you. Onwards, we can give Arsenal a scare..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here