Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Mcghee written january off already

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Every time I try to think positive about McGhee he comes out with something that just makes you feel odd, however even with things the way the are at the moment I cannot see him putting a team on the park with anything other than a 100% desire to win.

I think if I am being realistic from the next 3 games I would be looking for 3 points, but would probably settle for 2.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McGhee's neagative vibes must be rubbing off on the players as they will believe they are not good enough to beat Leeds and S Utd. I could not see Micky Adams and Cullip having the same attitude.

Is McGhee warming us up for an inevitable relegatin ?.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He probably never said it at all. You know how the Argus make up stuff to fill their back page.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He probably did say it as he said live on SCR more or less " it will be a miracle if we get anything from the Southampton game ".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
He probably did say it as he said live on SCR more or less " it will be a miracle if we get anything from the Southampton game ".

and you were not happy with the display under the circumstances?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We lost

dwayne said:
If Mcghee had said something along the lines of…We have 2 very hard games coming up, we will give it EVERYTHING to get something out of these fixtures, with application and dedication to the task, anything is possible…I think everyone would have been satisfied. The point I’m trying to make is that I don’t think it was lose/lose for Mcghee to be commenting on these games.

Agree that a quote along your lines would be the "right" thing to say. But I like the fact that McGhee doesn't just talk in clichés all the time and say the right thing just to keep people happy. He causes trouble for himself by being a bit too honest sometimes and I think that applies to his man management as well. I don't always agree with what he says/does but I do trust him. I know he is a professional and a proud man and will put out a team to do a job, he will not roll-over for Leeds and Sheff Utd and that is all I really care about.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Wait and hear the full interview on SCR on Saturday before jumping to conclusions.
These Argus quotes are always taken from interviews with Hawsey, which are played on in full on Saturday. Hearing it in full may, or may not, change the whole focus of what is being said.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Maybe its just me, but are the Argus just gently starting to put pressure on McGhee, some of the recent backpages havent been that supportive.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
According to the great one, he is quoted in the Argus as saying ( sorry I am paraphrasing here) ......we hopefully will get something from games coming up IF we get players in......He then went on to say he is targetting February as the month where he is expecting us to get points to enable survival.

is this another one of those....Oh well we are not expecting anything at Luton, Southampton etc etc so there is no point getting excited about them.....? Does he now think we are going to get bugger all against Leeds, Sheffield and Burnley....if so what motivational message does this send out to the players, and us fans who have forked out £460 for a season ticket?

I thought that when i read it Dave. What does that do for the players? The idiot has got to go! :censored:

Uncle Spielberg said:
If Mark thinks we have lost the Leeds game I don't know if I can be arsed to get in the MG and drive the 5 miles to the ground.

Memo to Martin Perry:

Remember to make a special effort to wheelclamp the MG breaching the Withdean parking cordon this Saturday.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Eeehh Dave, there's nowt like a good moan and that was nowt like a good moan.

:lolol: :lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yorkie said:
Eeehh Dave, there's nowt like a good moan and that was nowt like a good moan.

:lolol: :lolol:

turn it in woman!

just for once....once...look at the other point of view.

Whether you agree with it or not, just think about it.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
turn it in woman!

Perhapse she has a crush on Magoo? ??? :eek:

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
Uncle Spielberg said:
I have been one of Mark's staunchest supporters on NSC but this defeatest attitude is starting to feck me off. I did a similar thread last week as he had given up on the Southampton game even before we got on the coach.

This is what I want him to be saying

" I know Leeds are 3rd in the league and on a great run but I fully expect us to beat them and shove it up the arse of that prima donna Harding and Sheffield United may be 2nd but Warnock is a cock and we are going to to derail their promotion plans with a win "

I seem the remember we beat Sunderland who had won 8 in a row and were top of the league when they came down here the same time last year.

If Mark thinks we have lost the Leeds game I don't know if I can be arsed to get in the MG and drive the 5 miles to the ground.

Get a grip Mark !.

Agree

dave the gaffer said:
turn it in woman!

When the "other point of view" involves misrepresenting and even making up quotes in a way that would make a good Sun journalist blush, it doesn't take a lot of thought to have a good laugh at the latest piece of morose desperation from the Magoo out goons :wave:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
When the "other point of view" involves misrepresenting and even making up quotes in a way that would make a good Sun journalist blush, it doesn't take a lot of thought to have a good laugh at the latest piece of morose desperation from the Magoo out goons :wave:

Your one of us now, after you rant about mcghee picking players who have hissy fits:jester:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
dwayne said:
..but as dave has pointed out before it doesn't work.

Why?

We over-performed with our team at Southampton and almost got a great result!!!!

He's just trying to take the pressure off what is a very young and inexperienced side that's all...i tell you,some people are so quick to jump all over him it's pathetic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here