Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Mcghee written january off already

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
According to the great one, he is quoted in the Argus as saying ( sorry I am paraphrasing here) ......we hopefully will get something from games coming up IF we get players in......He then went on to say he is targetting February as the month where he is expecting us to get points to enable survival.

is this another one of those....Oh well we are not expecting anything at Luton, Southampton etc etc so there is no point getting excited about them.....? Does he now think we are going to get bugger all against Leeds, Sheffield and Burnley....if so what motivational message does this send out to the players, and us fans who have forked out £460 for a season ticket?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Lets see what team he puts out on Saturday.

Leeds are definately beatable as are Sheff U if we have a good day.

Burnley is a game we should get 3 points from.

I think if MM sacrifices these games it is the beginning of the end for him, the crazy mixed up jock

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
BarrelofFun said:
I think he is trying to be realistic to avoid disappointment amongst the players. Perhaps, it is a case of reverse psychology - prove me wrong team!

..but as dave has pointed out before it doesn't work.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Because Magoo is a cock please please please resign before its too late.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
According to the great one, he is quoted in the Argus as saying ( sorry I am paraphrasing here) ......we hopefully will get something from games coming up IF we get players in......He then went on to say he is targetting February as the month where he is expecting us to get points to enable survival.

is this another one of those....Oh well we are not expecting anything at Luton, Southampton etc etc so there is no point getting excited about them.....? Does he now think we are going to get bugger all against Leeds, Sheffield and Burnley....if so what motivational message does this send out to the players, and us fans who have forked out £460 for a season ticket?

Can't pick and choose where to pick points up. That would be fatal. Only have to look back to New Years Eve where it was assumed Millwall would just roll over and give us the points. Just won't do :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I do think some people read too much into these quotes. We've got Leeds & Sheff Utd in January. I suspect he'll put out the best side we have, but is praying for two points at most from those games.

It's not like there isn't enough to beat him with already if you're so inclined, without taking his newspaper quotes out of context to suit your agenda.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Simster said:
I do think some people read too much into these quotes. We've got Leeds & Sheff Utd in January. I suspect he'll put out the best side we have, but is praying for two points at most from those games.

It's not like there isn't enough to beat him with already if you're so inclined, without taking his newspaper quotes out of context to suit your agenda.

Quite agree. Perhaps some people should read the article again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
what motivational message does this send out to the players,

Are you now suggesting McGhee now does his team talks 4 days in advance via the Argus sportspage, if so I think you may be losing it even more than you seem to suggest McGhee is

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have no agenda whatsoever...I couln't give two hoots who is the manager of the club. I have said that many times. I have seen too many managers come and go to get exited about people in the hot seat.

I read it that if we do not get anyone in we are not expected to get anything from these games. maybe it was a swipe at DK to make more money available.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Has Mcghee written january off already

Icy Gull said:
Are you now suggesting McGhee now does his team talks 4 days in advance via the Argus sportspage, if so I think you may be losing it even more than you seem to suggest McGhee is

are you suggesting that if you were a player and you read that, it would not seem strange?

Simster said:

:clap:

Agreed, give the bloke a break. If he was quoted as saying we are going to slaughter Leeds and Sheff Utd. he would get slated for that too. If he refused to comment he would get slated for that also. Lose - Lose situation for the lardy Jocko clown at the moment unfortunately. I'm going to both games but am not expecting anything more than a point.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have been one of Mark's staunchest supporters on NSC but this defeatest attitude is starting to feck me off. I did a similar thread last week as he had given up on the Southampton game even before we got on the coach.

This is what I want him to be saying

" I know Leeds are 3rd in the league and on a great run but I fully expect us to beat them and shove it up the arse of that prima donna Harding and Sheffield United may be 2nd but Warnock is a cock and we are going to to derail their promotion plans with a win "

I seem the remember we beat Sunderland who had won 8 in a row and were top of the league when they came down here the same time last year.

If Mark thinks we have lost the Leeds game I don't know if I can be arsed to get in the MG and drive the 5 miles to the ground.

Get a grip Mark !.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I did read the report with interest , the more the transfer window goes on the less likely I personally feel we will get anyone in.

I think we'll give it a good crack against Leeds + Sheff Utd but lets face it , if it goes as it should do then we'd do well to get anything out of these 2 games. Its the same as when someone like Middlesborough wouldn't expect anything against Arsenal or ManUtd . . .different I know but prob not so different in size of the gulf with regards to resources , form + table place

Burnley is a different matter and I think should be one we can potentially target for 3 points

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Has Mcghee written january off already

dave the gaffer said:
are you suggesting that if you were a player and you read that, it would not seem strange?

Not unless I was incredibly thick or McGhee has given up talking to the players during the week. You may not like his mind games or think he's very good at it but give the guy just a little credit occasionaly eh? I think he's just about earned it after the last two seasons.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lokki 7 said:
:clap:

Agreed, give the bloke a break. If he was quoted as saying we are going to slaughter Leeds and Sheff Utd. he would get slated for that too. If he refused to comment he would get slated for that also. Lose - Lose situation for the lardy Jocko clown at the moment unfortunately. I'm going to both games but am not expecting anything more than a point.

If Mcghee had said something along the lines of…We have 2 very hard games coming up, we will give it EVERYTHING to get something out of these fixtures, with application and dedication to the task, anything is possible…I think everyone would have been satisfied. The point I’m trying to make is that I don’t think it was lose/lose for Mcghee to be commenting on these games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here