Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has McGhee lost the dressing room?

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
The figures say 250k was used in the transfer of Kazim Richards, so I am telling the truth.

Telling people to tell the truth is rich coming from you, the man that spins everything.

Now back in your corner.

Could it not be that some of this went towards wages as well?

Dandyman

In London village.
London Irish said:
Why would I want you anti-McGhee rabble to take me seriously? You are systematically undermining/smearing a superb manager and I regard it a mark of achievement that I get endless tiresome personal jibes from you - it shows I'm on the right course. If they ever stopped from you, that's when I'd get worried :lolol:

In common with many on here for most of Magoo's reign I have regarded as a decent man doing his best in extremely difficult circumstances. You now seem to have accepted that we will be relegated and you are predicting we will finish mid-table next season. If we stick with Maggo then it would have to be on the basis that relegation has nothing to do with his man management or tactics and that no other manager could do better than mid-table next season. In order to clarify the terms of the debate, is that your position ?

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
None of yours.

Now back to your all knowing font of shite.

Have you two actually met each other in real life? Just curious like.

Uncle Buck said:
Going back to this.

In your eyes, is McGhee a superb manager as he is the only one you have ever seen manage the Albion?

Why didn't you make Norwich on Tuesday? Bit disappointing for a Superfan like you? :( I had assumed your entire life was organised around the Albion away fixture list?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
What was his transfer fee Bucky? Honest answer please :)

Placcy, if the club say (and they DO) that 250K is allocated to the CKR transfer, it doesnt matter what the fee is, we still SPENT 250K (or at least thats what we told coca-cola).

I think I am right in saying that for official accounting purposes the books must reflect that the sum involved is 250K, surely we must have put the difference between that and your 50K fee in the bank for when we need it to give to Bury.

Me thinks you are clutching at straws in the defence of a manager who has won 6 out of his last 46 games, a record even East Stirlingshire cannot beat.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Why didn't you make Norwich on Tuesday? Bit disappointing for a Superfan like you? :( I had assumed your entire life was organised around the Albion away fixture list?

Curcumstances change Steve, had a pressing engagement on Tuesday and there is a World Cup to pay for.

Need to see some vaguely competant football this year, after the shower of shit McGhee has been serving up.

Now I have answered your question, so you answer mine as to why you think McGhee is such a superb manager, because looking at the results he is not.

Or are you not answering it, because you cannot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Interesting on another post!! Mcghee in or out.
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by attila
Very revealing.
Sums up how I feel - just in favour of him staying on, but it's a very close thing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go. Even Atilla has doubts :clap: :clap: :clap:

You are conveniently forgetting that Attila thought Greg Stanley was one of the good guys. So he's been very very very very wrong before :angry: :angry:

Dandyman said:
In common with many on here for most of Magoo's reign I have regarded as a decent man doing his best in extremely difficult circumstances. You now seem to have accepted that we will be relegated and you are predicting we will finish mid-table next season. If we stick with Maggo then it would have to be on the basis that relegation has nothing to do with his man management or tactics and that no other manager could do better than mid-table next season. In order to clarify the terms of the debate, is that your position ?

I don't accept we are "going" to be relegated at all - this team will fight to the end over the next 12 games and survival is not beyond them.

I was not offering predictions, you've misinterpreted that a little, I was merely being polite enough to Rougvie in offering a genuine answer to his plea for yardsticks to judge McGhee. Predictably he ignored that carrot and replied with a personal jibe.

If you interested in a constructive debate discussing those yardsticks, then I'd be more than happy to. The problem is the usual suspects of frequent-posting anti-McGhee whingers aren't, so inevitably these discussions get sidetracked :)

Uncle Buck said:
Curcumstances change Steve, had a pressing engagement on Tuesday and there is a World Cup to pay for.

Need to see some vaguely competant football this year, after the shower of shit McGhee has been serving up.

Now I have answered your question, so you answer mine as to why you think McGhee is such a superb manager, because looking at the results he is not.

Or are you not answering it, because you cannot.

..errr, you want to say why I rate McGhee? Have you missed the other 5,000 posts I've made on this subject? Come on :)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
I was not offering predictions, you've misinterpreted that a little, I was merely being polite enough to Rougvie in offering a genuine answer to his plea for yardsticks to judge McGhee. Predictably he ignored that carrot and replied with a personal jibe.

A bit like you ignoring the question as to why you think McGhee is a superb manager.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
London Irish said:
I don't accept we are "going" to be relegated at all - this team will fight to the end over the next 12 games and survival is not beyond them.

If you interested in a constructive debate discussing those yardsticks, then I'd be more than happy to. The problem is the usual suspects of frequent-posting anti-McGhee whingers aren't, so inevitably these discussions get sidetracked :)

6 wins. FFS surely that makes you question him just a little?
The fact that he still doesn't know his best team?

I don't think these are whinges, but facts.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Uncle Buck said:
A bit like you ignoring the question as to why you think McGhee is a superb manager.

Because he's been banging on about how good he is for months and now he's not man enough to admit he's wrong.

Dandyman

In London village.
London Irish said:

A fair answer, so let's proceed on that basis then. I think we will get relegated, if we do is your view that relegation is one of the slings and arrows of fortune that a club in our situation has to accept or do you think that there is anything that the manager could have done better that would would have kept us up ? On the same basis if we failed to reach at least the playoff next season would that be acceptable or would it be a failure in terms of what we can reasonably expect the manager to achieve ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here