Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has McGhee lost the dressing room?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe those that were there can confirm or deny it, but to me it sounded like he and the team are still playing for each other, showing plenty of fight and spirit. Long may it continue, maybe it won't make up for what we lack in class, but they are proving once again the spirit that got us where we are is still there:clap:

Doesn't sound like a good idea to even contemplate sacking the manager to me. If he loses the dressing room, well that would be something different

That is all :(

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How can he lose the dressing room ? I know it's at the West end of Withdean now but it's been there for months !

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
it makes you wonder but that wouldn't that mean the players are sticking with him in feel he will drop them like he did kuipers never to play again for having an opinion :nono:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Maybe those that were there can confirm or deny it, but to me it sounded like he and the team are still playing for each other, showing plenty of fight and spirit. Long may it continue, maybe it won't make up for what we lack in class, but they are proving once again the spirit that got us where we are is still there:clap:

Doesn't sound like a good idea to even contemplate sacking the manager to me. If he loses the dressing room, well that would be something different

No, just the players out of it! :nono:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think MM has lost a certain few players, particularly CKR but hes still been able to keep the main experienced players eg chippy, butters, mayo even though hes fallen out with kuipers. One thing i couldnt understand last night was taking Gary Hart off when he could have been the player to go back and mark huckerby when hinsh got tired. The second goal was a direct result of no one knowing who was supposed to be marking him after hinsh went off.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
I think MM has lost a certain few players, particularly CKR but hes still been able to keep the main experienced players eg chippy, butters, mayo even though hes fallen out with kuipers. One thing i couldnt understand last night was taking Gary Hart off when he could have been the player to go back and mark huckerby when hinsh got tired. The second goal was a direct result of no one knowing who was supposed to be marking him after hinsh went off.

You reckon that he has fallen out with CKR?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
So 5 wins this season is good enough for him to keep his job Icy?

Given the circumstances he is working under, yes. I'm not happy about it and I'd rather we were in Reading's position but I'm a realist about it. I expected to be where we are but hoped we wouldn't be.

Not saying DK should get the flak, but it is the board stifling McGhee, not him being bad at his job imo. Just hope he realises there are enough people who understand the problems to stop him walking. You and many others hope exactly the opposite. though.

Still like to see what those at the game thought of last night's performance and tactics though. Anyone?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Uncle Buck said:
You reckon that he has fallen out with CKR?

Well I sit in B Block and CKR wasnt at all happy during theleicester game with being on the bench and then not coming on, he wasnt even warming up just laughing and joking and kicking sand. Against Burnley he was with Kuipers and you could tell kuipers was annoyed he looked very animated and him and CKR didnt look too pleased. Sounds like im clutching at straws but seriously he doesnt look interested at all. To be fair though he hasnt had much of a chance, last night he came on for harty up front and within 5 minutes hinsh was sent off and CKR was told to play right wing!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Given the circumstances he is working under, yes. I'm not happy about it and I'd rather we were in Reading's position but I'm a realist about it. I expected to be where we are but hoped we wouldn't be.

Not saying DK should get the flak, but it is the board stifling McGhee, not him being bad at his job imo. Just hope he realises there are enough people who understand the problems to stop him walking. You and many others hope exactly the opposite. though.

Still like to see what those at the game thought of last night's performance and tactics though. Anyone?

OK, 5 wins is not good enough, it is bloody awful and worryingly since November, we have generally deserved to lose the games we have lost.

Maybe the board is stifling McGhee, but maybe that is down to the fact that they do not overly trust his judgement when it comes to the transfer market and so are reluctant to give him funds?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I was watching ckr juggling stones & kicking sand on saturday, he seemed like a disinterested ,petulant little kid . Its about time someone had a word about his attitude.Its not as if he's even that good , at his age he should be grabbing each & every opportunity he gets.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Maybe the board is stifling McGhee, but maybe that is down to the fact that they do not overly trust his judgement when it comes to the transfer market and so are reluctant to give him funds?

No doubt we'll find out in time. In the meantime he has my backing, which means f all to anyone but me :)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
You could give McGhee £1m and he STILL wouldn't be able to get anyone to join!

Does he have ANY contacts? We haven't even been able to get any yougsters from Brady!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
OK, 5 wins is not good enough, it is bloody awful and worryingly since November, we have generally deserved to lose the games we have lost.

This is true. At the beginning of the season it was we need to turn these draws into wins blah blah blah.

Now we cant even get draws. :nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Icy Gull said:

He hasn't 'lost' the dressing room, and he didn't 'fall out' with Kuipers because 'he expressed an opinion'. To say he did is pure and utter fantasy bullshit. CKR and FDM may well have got the hump for not being picked, but that is their problem.

As to what I understand did happen, well, I can't say. Or rather - won't say.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Has McGhee lost the dressing room?

The Large One said:
CKR and FDM may well have got the hump for not being picked, but that is their problem.

And ours. We are even worse without them! At Coventry, Henderson got injured and Magoo could not sub him because he only had a kid on the bench. Nice! :censored:

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
I really think the guy has lost it now...:p :p :p

This season he has tried to turn OGH & Reidy into full backs when El - Abd, Mayo & Lynch were available, Played Hinshelwood on the wing:p when Reidy, OGH,Robinson or Cox could of played there and permutated his front line so many times it's unreal.

I reckon we do have the players who could of kept us up but severe mis-management hasn't got the best out of those players and by playing them out of position or over rotating them has knocked their confidence and confused them as how to play where.

McGhee wqill you please stop :censored: :censored: :censored: around with the team with these totally weird selections....

I'm afraid he must go and now.....:bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Sargey said:
I really think the guy has lost it now...:p :p :p

This season he has tried to turn OGH & Reidy into full backs when El - Abd, Mayo & Lynch were available, Played Hinshelwood on the wing:p when Reidy, OGH,Robinson or Cox could of played there and permutated his front line so many times it's unreal.

I reckon we do have the players who could of kept us up but severe mis-management hasn't got the best out of those players and by playing them out of position or over rotating them has knocked their confidence and confused them as how to play where.

McGhee wqill you please stop :censored: :censored: :censored: around with the team with these totally weird selections....

I'm afraid he must go and now.....:bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here