Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Kuipers played his last game for Albion

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
ROSM said:
I'm a big fan of Kuipers - but the whole Flinders episode has proved one thing - that many fans weren't having a go at henderson just cos he wasn't Kuipers.

Most of the people I heard having a go at henderson have been positive about Flinders. I think he looks a good keeper and currently his performances justify keeping Kuipers out of the team.

If Kuipers leaves then I will wish him all the best - I just hope we get a keeper of Flinders' standard to replace him.
Only because FLinders hasn't made a mistake yet. He's a young keeper, as is Henderson, so I'm sure Flinders will make gaffs. If he had made one or two by now the Kuipers followers would surely have been on his back by now.

Not that it matters, as far as I know, Kuipers WILL be released at the end of the season.

Dick Knight sold Henderson, it was not an issue Wilkins had much say in. The club are on the lookout for a new keeper in the summer. I would also exept to see one of the two young keepers released/sold this summer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dave the Gaffer said:
Ok fine...flinders gets injured and we have got rid of kuips...what do we do then? get someone else in on loan, because its obvious the great one doesnt rate any of the young keepers!

I think that you are barking up the wrong tree here Dave. As I read it Wilkins doesnt rate Kuipers that highly, DK has said that he expects to mount a promotion challenge on a budget that is slightly less than one which he expected us to achieve midtable mediocrity with. The answer then is that they are hoping to replace Kuipers with a goalkeeper who is better than him but requires less wages. If they(?) can find this man very good if not ......uhm.

I think that there is a fair chance that either Sullivan or Martin, if either is out of contract won't be retained.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Make that 5.

Dick wants MK out because his wage bill is upsetting the rest of the squad.

not surprised 5k a week what a joke :jester:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dave the Gaffer said:
Ok fine...flinders gets injured and we have got rid of kuips...what do we do then? get someone else in on loan, because its obvious the great one doesnt rate any of the young keepers!

Yes, we get someone in on loan.

I'm not saying we should get rid of Kuipers because i think he isn't up to it.

What i'm saying is if he is as reported our highest wage earner, and as it seems our manager doesn't think he is our first choice keeper then it seems crazy to keep paying him a large amount of money to play for the reserves and sit on the bench.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Uncle Buck said:
Where has this figure that Kuipers wage is 5k a week come from?

The great NSC rumour mill?

EVERYONE knows that Kuipers is on £5K a week... where have you been UB ? :rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The issue I had was some people were suggesting that it was not hi9s ability that was in question it was the fact that he is earning too much.

My argument to that is its not Kuips fault that Wilkins prefers a loan player to him. When he came back once Hendo had left he played some good games....ok one or two gaffs, but basically played well....he got injured, in came a loan player and instead of keeping him for a loan period of 1 month, he extended it to 3 months totally overlooking Kuips. Dont get me wrong I think Flinders is class and should be there, however, two things...the message to Kuips is that when fit, wilkins doesnt rate him and secondly, wilkins doesnt think either young keeper is good enough yet for 3rd division football!

Therefore, if we cant get Flinders in on loan or buy him in the summer, then by current thinking we have no goalkeepers Wilkins is happy with...which I would have thought is the least of our problems if we lose Bertin and I assume Lynch ( and if harty and Guy do not get renewals)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Dave the Gaffer said:
The issue I had was some people were suggesting that it was not hi9s ability that was in question it was the fact that he is earning too much.

My argument to that is its not Kuips fault that Wilkins prefers a loan player to him. When he came back once Hendo had left he played some good games....ok one or two gaffs, but basically played well....he got injured, in came a loan player and instead of keeping him for a loan period of 1 month, he extended it to 3 months totally overlooking Kuips. Dont get me wrong I think Flinders is class and should be there, however, two things...the message to Kuips is that when fit, wilkins doesnt rate him and secondly, wilkins doesnt think either young keeper is good enough yet for 3rd division football!

Therefore, if we cant get Flinders in on loan or buy him in the summer, then by current thinking we have no goalkeepers Wilkins is happy with...which I would have thought is the least of our problems if we lose Bertin and I assume Lynch ( and if harty and Guy do not get renewals)

Kuipers has become millstone for Wilko though, because the club want rid because of this wage thing, MK apparently wants to stay but Dick has said he is not prepared to keep paying that amount for him, I'm not convinced that Dean does not rate Kuipers, I think it really is a political thing which is causing some ruckus in the squad and among the board. You just have to accept that I have this on the best authority.

If the reason for the loanees etc. is a crappy way to get MK to walk then it's a disgrace,but there is more to this than meets the eye.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Dave the Gaffer said:

I think I said the very same thing when Henderson was getting certain fans abuse, he was then sold and surprise surprise look what happened to Sick Note FDM and we got another keeper on loan

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Uncle Buck said:
Where has this figure that Kuipers wage is 5k a week come from?

The great NSC rumour mill?

Yep, dont ya just lurve it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here