Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Kuipers played his last game for Albion

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The problem being he lets's his defence knoiw what's going on and gives the odd rocket when needs be?

The trouble with some of the other keepers, especially henderson, was that they could not boss their defence.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
kestrel said:
Kuipers will be the last of the problem players to leave :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

problem player? how? why?

ok his distribution playing wise is shocking ,but so was Hendos , so was Roberts, so has been Flinders so far (must be something to do with the pitch or our tactics i would say)

i still think if people had stopped calling for the other one to be in goal a switch could've worked between Hendo and FDM but it's now hearsay

if he goes best of luck to him i say :clap2: BUT i like to see someone brought in permenant or faith in one of the other two lads between the sticks before he's let go

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
SpidersLegs said:
I think you must be on drugs mate. Kuipers is a quality keeper. Haven't seen anything in Flinders, and Henderson before, that convinces me they are any better.

I have seen Flinders save at least three one on ones which I wouldn't have backed either Kuipers, Henderson or even Ben Roberts to have got.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Has Kuipers played his last game for Albion

Fran Hagarty said:

I'm not so sure Fran as it isn't on the official site or on the Argus website. I will be pleased if it is true.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would be sad to see Kuipers leave. If we can't get hold of an experienced keeper then I would happily keep him if he is willing to take a drop in wages. We need to free up some finance to get some experienced '20 somethings' into the team. He is a very useful keeper to have on our books if we are unable to get someone in and/or rely on the the loan market. I can't imagine that either Martin or Sullivan are ready to play a full season.

If he does leave, then I would like to think he gets the sending off he deserves. We have been blessed with some great characters in the past and he showed willingness to become part of the club, joining our marches and so on.

A great man and player. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sorry to see Kuipers go as he has been a godo servant but

a) He earns way too much
b) He's not worth that high a wage. As BG says, any keeper will tell you that he makes the easy look difficult.. that doesn't make him a good keeper. He is low Championship or League 1 standard only.

If he takes a wage cut then I will be happy for him to stay. If not, thanks and good bye.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If it is true that Kuipers is the highest earner at the club then probably wise to get rid.

He obviously isn't Wilkins first choice and judging by the extension of Flinders loan till the end of the season Wilkins doesn't think he deserves his chance.

As for who we get in as a number 1 who knows ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
John Boy said:
£4,000 a week, so I heard. Top earner at the club

Make that 5.

Dick wants MK out because his wage bill is upsetting the rest of the squad.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
I have seen Flinders save at least three one on ones which I wouldn't have backed either Kuipers, Henderson or even Ben Roberts to have got.

Ben Roberts was class coming off his line.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Make that 5.

Dick wants MK out because his wage bill is upsetting the rest of the squad.

Makes sense. If one player's wages are significantly more than the norm, it will inevitably cause unrest.

If MK is really on close to £5k a week, then he'll very likely leave.

If he does then he goes with my best wishes, and untold thanks for years of GREAT service to the club.

Hope he plays in Kerry's testimonial for a proper send off.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
If Kuipers is to get a new contract it will obviously be on lower terms, which he will have to accept as he will not get that much money elsewhere.

I think he will stay.

We have absolutely no chance of signing Flinders and we clearly have no intention of playing Martin or Sullivan otherwise they would have been given a chance by now.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Where does the 5k a week come from, i'm sure Kuipers does not make it public knowledge how much money he is on a year. So would that just be a guess or are you his accountant

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think Flinders depends on who Palace get in.

I get the feeling Pajama pants will be off and that will leave Palace short - This would make Flinders number one.

If they bring in Turner I suspect they MAY be willing to allow Flinders to join on loan for the season - with a call back clause.

This maybe what the club are thinking and is why they are keeping(snigger) Palace and Flinders sweet.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Rookie said:
Where does the 5k a week come from, i'm sure Kuipers does not make it public knowledge how much money he is on a year. So would that just be a guess or are you his accountant

I am well connected.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
hans kraay fan club said:
Makes sense. If one player's wages are significantly more than the norm, it will inevitably cause unrest.

If MK is really on close to £5k a week, then he'll very likely leave.

If he does then he goes with my best wishes, and untold thanks for years of GREAT service to the club.

Hope he plays in Kerry's testimonial for a proper send off.

Hear Hear KFC, Kuipers is a legacy from a time when BHA were playing at a higher level and could afford higher wages, I don't begrudge him a penny, because he negotiated that and good luck to him.

I would be extremely sad to see him go as he is an Albion legend, but go he will, watch this space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here