Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Kuipers played his last game for Albion

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Palace are after Iain Turner from Everton, so don't rule out a season long loan.:clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well he shook hands with all the players after he left yesterday......

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Beach Hut said:
Well he shook hands with all the players after he left yesterday......
He must have f***ing long arms then??? :lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
chez said:
Lets hope he has. A good amount of cash to spend on a decent keeper and probably another player as well from Kippers wages.

so either

1/ you reckon Kuipers will go for good money , how do you know anyone is interested?

2/ he was on a massive wage packet , which would be rare for Albion

to be honest i'd be gutted if Kuipers went but it's typical of us ,we have two fantastic keepers in Henderson and Kuipers and due to in house bickering we lose both in a few months of each other

yeah i like Flinders but he won't be here next year will he? so Sully and Martins need to learn fast then..

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Braders said:
so either

1/ you reckon Kuipers will go for good money , how do you know anyone is interested?

to be honest i'd be gutted if Kuipers went but it's typical of us ,we have two fantastic keepers in Henderson and Kuipers and due to in house bickering we lose both in a few months of each other

yeah i like Flinders but he won't be here next year will he? so Sully and Martins need to learn fast then..

Nobody will buy Kuipers, I reckon he'll go on a free to a League 2 club but he is on big wages (for us anyway). I reckon with his wages we can get in a decent out of contract keeper of even a season long loan and also be able to grab another 1st teamer.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Braders said:
so either

2) He is the highest earner at the club. FACT!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
chez said:
Nobody will buy Kuipers, I reckon he'll go on a free to a League 2 club but he is on big wages (for us anyway). I reckon with his wages we can get in a decent out of contract keeper of even a season long loan and also be able to grab another 1st teamer.
fair enough i guess ,apologies :blush: just a shame though - start of the season thought we had the players to be solid at the back and over the season we now have gaping holes forming.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the decision to keep Flinders is based on the fact that we are not mathematically safe. Had we won yesterday he would have gone back, I am sure.

I would suggest that this definiltely points to the end of Kuipers. Apart from the fact that Flinders is a far far better keeper it would indicate that DW is not happy to entrust our survival to Kuipers hands, which would indicate that he is not part of the long term plan and will be released very soon.

It has been said that he is one of, if not the highest, earners at the club. This being the case the only way that DK can calculate on a promotion run next season ona slightly reduced budget, is by reducing the wage bill and bringing in players of equal quality and ability on lower wages.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He still might stay, he likes it here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
dougdeep said:
He still might stay, he likes it here.

On a reduced wage fine, I would have no problem with that as he is a good back up keeper. If he stays what happens to Sullivan and Martin if we bring in another No 1 we would not need 4 keepers.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
BensGrandad said:
I think that the decision to keep Flinders is based on the fact that we are not mathematically safe. Had we won yesterday he would have gone back, I am sure.

I would suggest that this definiltely points to the end of Kuipers. Apart from the fact that Flinders is a far far better keeper it would indicate that DW is not happy to entrust our survival to Kuipers hands, which would indicate that he is not part of the long term plan and will be released very soon.

It has been said that he is one of, if not the highest, earners at the club. This being the case the only way that DK can calculate on a promotion run next season ona slightly reduced budget, is by reducing the wage bill and bringing in players of equal quality and ability on lower wages.
I think you must be on drugs mate. Kuipers is a quality keeper. Haven't seen anything in Flinders, and Henderson before, that convinces me they are any better.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
SpidersLegs said:
I think you must be on drugs mate. Kuipers is a quality keeper. Haven't seen anything in Flinders, and Henderson before, that convinces me they are any better.

Football is about opinions mine is that Kuipers makes simple routine saves look good to impress the fans and like the last 5 managers here do not rate him as the No 1 and I am sure that next season he will not be, come what may.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here