Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Gordon Brown blown any remaining hope Labour had ?.

Has GB blown it for Labour ?.

• Yes

Votes: 83 50.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 29 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • Wibble

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Has GB blown any hope Labour had with his gaffe today ?. They were already trailing in 3rd place with 25%.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The vote for Labour but not really convinced ones may well do.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think so.

Labour had already lost this election. Brown will need an amazingly strong showing in tomorrow's TV debate to turn things around.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I shouldn't imagine it'll make a lot of difference.

Staunch Labour supporters will still give him their vote as will those who would sooner die than see the Tories get in

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Probably, a lot of people on the street will read this headline and lose faith in Brown. What they should realise is that at least Brown has shown some humanity, the woman probably was a bigot and he has expressed that. And its nothing on what I expect Cameron said after he has just spoken with a factory worker from up north.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I don't know why everyone goes so mental about this sort of nonsense. He's a HUMAN - humans make mistakes. So what if he called someone a bigot? Most regular people say worse things on an hourly basis.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Yes.

Puts him up there with Neil Kinnock's masterly display of being a twat (1:30 into this):

[yt]7TOgB3Smvro[/yt]

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When I interviewed him the other day all his 'Thick of It' style goons were listening in as he chatted to shoppers. One said: "His small talk has got better."

Clearly let is slip since.

Although honestly I cannot believe for one single minute this will lose Brown any votes.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Maybe, but not because of this gaffe.

His love of private finance, pointless wars, assaulting civil liberties etc would have done far more to send former labour party supporters running as fast as they can rather than an irritated response to a member of the public.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Five years ago (or was it ten?) John Prescott managed to punch someone and still retain his seat.

In 5 days time, this will have simply blown over. There maybe a residue of bad feeling, but ultimately those who are laughing hardest now were never going to vote for him anyway.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Probably, a lot of people on the street will read this headline and lose faith in Brown. What they should realise is that at least Brown has shown some humanity, the woman probably was a bigot and he has expressed that. And its nothing on what I expect Cameron said after he has just spoken with a factory worker from up north.

Humanity,eh? What,calling someone a bigot ,cos she didn't agree with him!!?:lolol::clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Maybe, but not because of this gaffe.

His love of private finance, pointless wars, assaulting civil liberties etc would have done far more to send former labour party supporters running as fast as they can rather than an irritated response to a member of the public.

This

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don't know why everyone goes so mental about this sort of nonsense. He's a HUMAN - humans make mistakes. So what if he called someone a bigot? Most regular people say worse things on an hourly basis.

Not when you are PM doing a walkabout with a mike dangling round your neck,you don't.Well,not unless you want interminable negative press and TV coverage,of course!:laugh::lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Five years ago (or was it ten?) John Prescott managed to punch someone and still retain his seat.

In 5 days time, this will have simply blown over. There maybe a residue of bad feeling, but ultimately those who are laughing hardest now were never going to vote for him anyway.

I think a lot of people sided with Prescott at the time though, as the bloke he thumped had just thrown an egg, and was sporting a spectacularly ridiculous mullet. There was an element of "yeah good on ya Prescott".

Gordon, on the other hand, has just snidely insulted some old dear from the comfort and safety of his limo. Cowardly and (having left the mike on, duuurr) very stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here