Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Davies been discarded?

Dickinson - SHIT HOUSE
Davies - SHIT HOUSE
Forster - Very good but too old for a full season, 10-15 at best
Hart - tryer but will not get more than 5-10 a season
Murray - can't be f***ed

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a problem.

I think that is ridiculous. All of those strikers are good enough to score 20 goals bar Hart. It is not the strikers it is the service. The way we played on Saturday indicates we expect whoever is upfront to receive a long ball and then do 4 defenders on his own.

We need to splash the cash on a very good winger and a very good attacking midfielder. When "Monarch of the f*** wit Glenn" does one then Billy Sharp wouldn't go a miss:dunce: But if we don't fancy stumping up one million then a Loyd Owusu type player is necessary. If only we had offered him 2 years, well if we had Brentford and Walsall will have one and three points less respectively.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
He's not injured and it seems Slade really doesn't rate him. It's a shame because given the chance I think he will do well, he has all the attributes to be a top striker at this level and would compliment Dickinson well.

I know Slade sees more of Davies but I disagree with him on this one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont understand all this hero worship of Davies, last season he was slated relentlessly on here so what has he done to get people to change their opinions that suddenly he is the answer to our prayers.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I dont understand all this hero worship of Davies, last season he was slated relentlessly on here so what has he done to get people to change their opinions that suddenly he is the answer to our prayers.

I never slagged him off on here last season. He quite obviously has potential and needs games to realise it.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i've got a better idea why don't we stop bloody complaining about any player 3 games into a new season and get behind everyone who pulls on a blue and white shirt and only give them shit after they have left if thats what you want to do.

p.s this is not addressed to anyone in particular but everyone.

Well said. I really cant believe the f***ing negativity on this board especially from uncle s, i'm sorry to pick him out in particular but after two league games to attack the team and especially davies is quite frankly pathetic! Davies' finishing may have been highly questionable last season but to simply label him as useless is unbelievable. He joined us when the club was at low and heading for relegation, its hardly an ideal situation to shine is it? Pull yourself together man and support your bloody team.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Again, not everyone has the same opinion of these things. The Davies detractors were probably more vocal as he was playing regularly. He has not been in the team yet, so they haven't had a chance.

I think he will come good, eventually. Although I am basing that on what I saw of him years ago for Oxford as I have yet to see him in a Brighton shirt.

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
i seriously cannot believe people are slating liam dickinson on here, hes played 3 games for us! all we do by getting on his back is put more pressure on him and that cant benefit his game at all. As for craig davies i think he can do well for us, just needs to get more of a run in the team, maybe now is the time to do this considering the uncertainty surrounding glenn murray and the injury of gary hart.

SNOOPY

Feb 25, 2009
14 starts
1 goal

Slade was lumbered with Davies whom Adams signed. I think Slade has seen enough of him to realise he is toilet and that is the explanation for him taking no part.

you have a big mouth mate but i guess thats all you can do is slag people of well you no nothing just your silly little opinion does that count nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo so you bog of

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
i've got a better idea why don't we stop bloody complaining about any player 3 games into a new season and get behind everyone who pulls on a blue and white shirt and only give them shit after they have left if thats what you want to do.

p.s this is not addressed to anyone in particular but everyone.

Because Murray has made it clear that HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR US ANYMORE, so... why offer him our support? Worse, he is either TOO STUPID TO REALISE he needs to play, and play well, to get away, OR he is trying to engineer an early departure by burning bridges at OUR club (as stated by Russ)... either way, he merits ZERO support from us...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dickinson will score goals I reckon. I was worried when we signed him, but I've seen enough in the last week to make me think he knows what he's doing. I'd be rotating Forster and Davies as his partner, both of whom I would expect to score 10+ goals this season. The problem is our midfield, NOT any of the strikers.

That is 100% correct...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here