Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Davies been discarded?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I was under the impression that this was a football messageboard, not life coaching for crap players.

It is. My point was simply that we should give Davies a proper chance and run out in the squad rather than slag him off at every opportunity. He is a lot better a player than we have seen so far of that I'm sure.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dickinson - SHIT HOUSE
Davies - SHIT HOUSE
Forster - Very good but too old for a full season, 10-15 at best
Hart - tryer but will not get more than 5-10 a season
Murray - can't be f***ed

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a problem.

These assessments are a tad harsh I think after just two Lg 1 games this season. And yes, I have seen both Davies and Dickinson play.

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
Dickinson - SHIT HOUSE
Davies - SHIT HOUSE
Forster - Very good but too old for a full season, 10-15 at best
Hart - tryer but will not get more than 5-10 a season
Murray - can't be f***ed

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a problem.

Dickinson - ridiculously early to judge
Davies - needs a goal to kickstart him
Forster- decent player will score goals
Hart - not a striker
Murray- will leave anyway.

Conclusion-what we need is a quick goal poacher type ala Dickov.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is. My point was simply that we should give Davies a proper chance and run out in the squad rather than slag him off at every opportunity. He is a lot better a player than we have seen so far of that I'm sure.

14 starts
1 goal

Slade was lumbered with Davies whom Adams signed. I think Slade has seen enough of him to realise he is toilet and that is the explanation for him taking no part.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
14 starts
1 goal

Slade was lumbered with Davies whom Adams signed. I think Slade has seen enough of him to realise he is toilet and that is the explanation for him taking no part.

Let's be fair - he was playing in a very poor team for most of the time and we didn't exactly create many chances. Give him 10 more run outs or so before judging him.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We did create quite a few chances but he either put it over the bar, passed it back to the goalie or just completely missed it.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but a bit of balance and perspective would be nice occasionally.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Agreed. Those that criticise him are almost as stupid as those criticising Dickinson for being shit...

oh.

His job is to score goals. To get 1 in 14 games suggests he is not very good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Zamora got 2 in a season, is he not very good either? Are you as bitter in real life as you are on here?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You're not going to get that today, I'm afraid.

You've caught US on the downward path of his lunar cycle.

Its been a downward cycle for about 2 years now Al.

Unc, sorry to further piss on your parade, but because I'm exceedingly bored at work, I've just been back through those 14 games (well, I went through all of the games that we scored in since Davies signed). And in the games he started, do you know how many goals the 'other' striker in the 442 scored? TWO. Two in fourteen. So perhaps, just perhaps, it was the service that was shite, as well as Davies? I'm not denying that he had a poor time of it, but to simply lay all of the blame at his door is unfair.

edit: for anyone that cares, it was Owusu against Hereford and Southend. Yours, Mr Bored x

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lay off Davies... when that tw@t Murray fcuks-off back oop north, Davies may well get his chance... and we should all support him... for me, Forster should be in the team with Dickinson at Hudds...

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Lay off Davies... when that tw@t Murray fcuks-off back oop north, Davies may well get his chance... and we should all support him... for me, Forster should be in the team with Dickinson at Hudds...

i've got a better idea why don't we stop bloody complaining about any player 3 games into a new season and get behind everyone who pulls on a blue and white shirt and only give them shit after they have left if thats what you want to do.

p.s this is not addressed to anyone in particular but everyone.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Zamora got 2 in a season, is he not very good either? Are you as bitter in real life as you are on here?

That's because he's a bit out of his depth in the Prem. However when he first played for us, within a game or 2 it was clear to absolutely everyone he had more quality than your average league 1 player. I've seen players like Billy Sharp play down here a couple of times and it's easy to spot that he's better than your average league 1 plodder. You don't need to see a good player dozens of times before you know he's good, quality is easy to spot.

Ok, so 3 games with Dickinson might be a bit early to write him of, but I haven't yet seen anything that indicates he has the quality to be a 20+ scorer for us. Maybe, if he stopped posing like some male model, got rid of the pink boots and remembered he was actually a professional footballer, he might just prove to be a decent player, but it seems to me he's the type of player who thinks he's much better than he actually is!

As for Davies, an earlier post said he had played 14 times and I think that is quite enough games to make a decision on whether he is any good or not! Clearly Slade has made a decision as he played Owusu, Andrew, Hart, the injured Forster, in fact anyone other than Davies, in the last few games of last season and he hasn't featured this season. On this point, I'm with Slade.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I like Davies, he's fast, aggressive and has the most powerful shot at the club.....put him in the team and he'll do us proud.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It would help if the likes of Uncle Spielberk and Whinge Jabsco would bring themselves to look at the positives in a player rather than just come out with "rubbish" "shit" "crap" etc etc etc etc

At the end of the day we've bought Dickinson for 300k, we're not going to sell him after 3 games so surely now is the time to see the glass half full, even if for your own happiness. Mabye a bit of optimism that Craig Davies will come good, or is that a step too far?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
i've got a better idea why don't we stop bloody complaining about any player 3 games into a new season and get behind everyone who pulls on a blue and white shirt and only give them shit after they have left if thats what you want to do.

p.s this is not addressed to anyone in particular but everyone.

Well said :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here