Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Bloom made a massive balls up when building The Amex?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
St Marys and The Madjeski which both have an enormous design fault.........................the seats are facing the wrong way so you have to watch the football.

When Coppell left us to join Reading I was looking after a friends pub in Hungerford while he was on holiday, and phoned through to Radio Berkshire on their morning show and said that to the presenter who quickly cut me off I dont know why:D

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Next time I recommend reading the replies. It was a joke (clearly) and would have saved you from 'feeding the fisherman'.
Have you ever read any of his other posts?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
so poor old HB&B gets a ban, yet this 'fan' can still post drivel?

I object most strongly to that statement. I post drivel, this initial posting is absolute balderdash; which is a factor of 10 times worse than drivel!

Some people would win a million pounds and still complain about receiving 'bloody bank statements through the post'!

TNBA

TTF

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I am not actually on a wind up. Barber has been employed to cut costs, but The Amex is costing a small fortune run. Could we have foreseen this earlier on and reduced the standard of some of the facilities?

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I am not actually on a wind up. Barber has been employed to cut costs, but The Amex is costing a small fortune run. Could we have foreseen this earlier on and reduced the standard of some of the facilities?

Any good Chief Exec will ALWAYS be looking to cut costs. Cost control is vital to running any business, let alone a multimillion pound turnover operation. Where is this info about the stadium costing a small fortune to run? Is it in the public domain? Or is it just hear say?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I dont entirely understand your point, regarding the standard of the facilities. Can you explain it?

We are years away from the theoretical start date of any 'loan' repayments, so the actual cost of the stadium is not an issue when worrying about RUNNING costs. Padded seats don't cost more to 'run' do they? (unless you have to keep replacing them, I guess)

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Building it is capital investment (and ours was paid for by a fan who wanted the top notch, future proof stuff/fittings). Running it is profit and loss and Barber was appointed by a board to increase revenues and control costs. Only real balls up was screwing Azure into the floor so they couldn't provide a decent service AND make money. They've rectified that. The stadium isn't even finished, it's full mostly and hasn't even scratched its money-making potential. Top fishing OP.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure we've had this discussion many times before, but common sense suggests that the "loan repayments" if we're to call them that, began as soon as the Amex started generating revenue.

It's not about common sense. It's about the terms of the loan, which dictate that no repayments are made until 2023 (I think that's the right date), at which point Bloom can choose whether to take repayments or convert the loan into shares.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
When Coppell left us to join Reading I was looking after a friends pub in Hungerford while he was on holiday, and phoned through to Radio Berkshire on their morning show and said that to the presenter who quickly cut me off I dont know why:D

Because the jokes even older than you are?

I dont entirely understand your point, regarding the standard of the facilities. Can you explain it?

We are years away from the theoretical start date of any 'loan' repayments, so the actual cost of the stadium is not an issue when worrying about RUNNING costs. Padded seats don't cost more to 'run' do they? (unless you have to keep replacing them, I guess)

Which was my point to,but other running cost have left the books in a slightly less healthy state than imagined,the worrying part is the st uptake has been superb,seems alot are using catering(excluding 1901 meals) club shop doing a good trade and the stadium has a pretty good through the week usage.As you say the interest payments are not required for a while,somewhere the figures don't come through.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
.As you say the interest payments are not required for a while,somewhere the figures don't come through.

Even when the repayments do eventually start, they are at most, a return of Bloom's capital. There is no interest payable on the loan at any time.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Its be mentioned before but the club also missed opportunity cutting electric cost with solar panels, i know they said they considered it but decided against it due to the pricing, but now wonder if this was a big mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here