Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Bloom made a massive balls up when building The Amex?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I actually enjoyed a WW post for once. I believe this is post-modern irony (sarcasm). Thanks bud, fairly amusing. Bet you catch more than a few

Edit: My word, 10 reeled-in already. Top fishing, sir.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
How has he cocked up? Certainly not regarding the stadium, in my opinion the capacity Is spot on, the facilities are correct to its target audience and not just talking football. Teething problems ie travel have hit us hard but have been addressed. So No is my answer to your question.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Must find something to moan about.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
instead of the highest spec possible for everything and spent millions, posh seats, fancy screens etc etc.

Now we're cost cutting everywhere, losing by all accounts a small fortune, and ticket prices are obscene.

Yes, we're grateful for keeping the club afloat - but long term, would we have been better of building a stadium like Millwall, or dare I say it, an identikit 'souless bowl' like Saints and co, a ground on a budget that may have be much cheaper to run?

Has Bloom actually cocked up here? For all the talk of him being a shrewd businessman (backed up by his wealth), he does seem to have dropped a bollock.

Just thought I'd leave you on that happy note after a brilliant weekend for The Albion. :drink:

This post is just so lacking in historical context it's a joke
With the exception of a few things like padded seats, the core design (and cost) of the stadium was already finalised and agreed via lengthy planning process well in advance of Bloom's takeover.

The catering operation was generally considered to be needing improvement - we now have new caterers in place (for good or bad)
The club has been reported on here as losing money - we now have a new management team addressing this

So, what would you have done differently?

Edit: clearly I've bitten

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
No.

He wanted it to be so family friendly and inviting and it has worked, i have never seen so many kids boy's and girl's and women attending Brighton games,

there is nothing wrong into trying to max your profits by lowering your out going cost.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
IInteresting opinion from the OP and I suppose time will tell whether the Amex and the design, range of ticketing etc will stand the test of time.

I suspect it will and may outlive him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO The Amex has one major fault they should have installed escalators to WSU which could be reversed for people leaving at the end of the game like at The Bernabua and unlike both St Marys and The Madjeski which both have an enormous design fault.........................the seats are facing the wrong way so you have to watch the football.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No.

He wanted it to be so family friendly and inviting and it has worked, i have never seen so many kids boy's and girl's and women attending Brighton games,

there is nothing wrong into trying to max your profits by lowering your out going cost.

A proper answer that one, and a good one I guess :thumbsup:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
He isn't at this level...

ss_23287.jpg

He's is at this level....

942285-fishing-boat.jpg

And to think i bite last night.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
anyone see dancing on ice tonight? Old cheggers can can still cut it - fair play.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Very very poor fishing here.

If the Amex wasn't as nice as The Amex is, then we wouldn't have half as many season ticket holders as we've got.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
IMHO The Amex has one major fault they should have installed escalators to WSU which could be reversed for people leaving at the end of the game like at The Bernabua and unlike both St Marys and The Madjeski which both have an enormous design fault.........................the seats are facing the wrong way so you have to watch the football.

coffee sprayed over screen

Last edited:

Its not the standard of the stadia that's draining us after all we are not paying for it yet,its running costs staff, management,match day staff and travel costs,need a big shake up of the corporate facilities as they not very cost affective, someone's cocked up not sure its at the top though.Some tough measures will have to be taken and it look likes barbie is the doll to do it.:mad:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I believe fans could do more and stay 90 minutes and beyond and maybe spend some cash and avoid the rush that way-oh hello ROTR :bigwave:

please don't add me to any ignore lists i like your posts

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I cannot fathom why some individuals crave the notoriety of being "that twat that makes negatives posts on NSC." The shouty ones usually come across as quite ignorant and possibly believe some of the nonsense they spout. Others seem to do it purely to rack up the responses in a pathetic attempt to validate their sorry existence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here