Not open for further replies.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Lush said:
Nah.

It's always been like this.

Up one day, down the next. People pushing boundaries. People flouncing off.

Fortunately we've always had good mods.

Totally agree with this. There has always been stick handed out on NSC for this that and the other. There are always nob jockies that go too far. It's all just words from people sat at a desk somewhere trying to pass the time. There are too many people on here IMHO that see NSC as the centre of their univere. Indeed a lot of people's social life seems to revolve around this board.

It is a board where we come to chat about a multitude of topics and we share two beliefs. The Albion is wonderful and Palace are a bunch of Pikey twats.

There are always going to be people who dissagree with you. There will be people out to seek attention and post crap. There are going to be people wanting to have a pop at someone to get a reaction. These people are generally too shy to try it in real life so use this board as a much needed ego trip. Maybe they weren't given enough love as a child? Who knows. At the end of the day it is just words and the vast majority on this board ignore it and get on with the REAL things that matter like friends, family and the Albion!

:ascarf:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Lammy said:
Biscuit was called a paedophile!! :eek:

i did that!

but i put a smilie face after it and EVERYTHING!..................... oh, i can't believe i caused so much harm........................ oh sob...............................i hate myself................................ i feel like jumping off the college roof.

just off to be sick out of the window (well, i'll try).
:jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wozza said:
Did she actually do a farewell message, or just go?

She did.

Biscuit did and then requested that it was deleted.

Things can get a bit personal on here and it is all too easy to say it was only a joke.

Then again that's life. I have been upset in the past but got over it.

Lammy said:
Totally agree with this. There has always been stick handed out on NSC for this that and the other. There are always nob jockies that go too far. It's all just words from people sat at a desk somewhere trying to pass the time. There are too many people on here IMHO that see NSC as the centre of their univere. Indeed a lot of people's social life seems to revolve around this board.

It is a board where we come to chat about a multitude of topics and we share two beliefs. The Albion is wonderful and Palace are a bunch of Pikey twats.

There are always going to be people who dissagree with you. There will be people out to seek attention and post crap. There are going to be people wanting to have a pop at someone to get a reaction. These people are generally too shy to try it in real life so use this board as a much needed ego trip. Maybe they weren't given enough love as a child? Who knows. At the end of the day it is just words and the vast majority on this board ignore it and get on with the REAL things that matter like friends, family and the Albion!

:ascarf:

You are going all Mike Dicken on us - assuming that everyone feels, acts and emotes the same way you (and I, as it happens) do. Some people will take it to heart. Just because some people can take whatever abuse is thrown at them, doesn't mean it is right to do so or to allow it to happen.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The Great Cornholio said:
You are going all Mike Dicken on us - assuming that everyone feels, acts and emotes the same way you (and I, as it happens) do. Some people will take it to heart. Just because some people can take whatever abuse is thrown at them, doesn't mean it is right to do so or to allow it to happen.

I'm not saying it's right and I don't condone it when it gets personal and outside of the topic being discussed BUT it is life and you HAVE to learn to deal with it. There will always be bullys and if they're not on here then they will be in your work place etc...

There is no use in wrapping yourself up in cotton wool the problem doesn't go away.

Lammy said:
I'm not saying it's right and I don't condone it when it gets personal and outside of the topic being discussed BUT it is life and you HAVE to learn to deal with it. There will always be bullys and if they're not on here then they will be in your work place etc...

There is no use in wrapping yourself up in cotton wool the problem doesn't go away.

You, sir - are Mike Dickin and I claim my £10. :lolol:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Am I missing something here? Have Biscuit and OTLW gone because of the oppposition to the 'Wrexham join us at White Heart Lane' thing? If that is the case I'm baffled. I've just re-read that thread and there's nothing abusive or overly personal on it, just people stating they think it's a bad idea (an opinion shared by the Wrexham fan(s) that have since posted on that thread and Red Passion online). If there were abusive pm's associated with it then fair enough. If it was because of something else then would someone please enlighten me.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i might step back from NSC for a while , its getting too moody

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
On the Left Wing said:
I am with Biccy 100% on this one, the young guy is an inspiration to all football fans

Dear God, the melodrama actually increases.....

Why on earth do you think that Biscuit is an inspiration to all football fans? How many football fans do you reckon have ever even heard of the great Biscuit of Brighton & Hove Albion?

Don't get me wrong, he seems like a nice enough kid whose heart is usually in the right place, and I hope he picks up his teddy and starts posting on here again soon. But you make him sound like he's a candidate for sainthood or something.

Get a grip.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Dear God, the melodrama actually increases.....

Why on earth do you think that Biscuit is an inspiration to all football fans? How many football fans do you reckon have ever even heard of the great Biscuit of Brighton & Hove Albion?

Don't get me wrong, he seems like a nice enough kid whose heart is usually in the right place, and I hope he picks up his teddy and starts posting on here again soon. But you make him sound like he's a candidate for sainthood or something.

Get a grip.

here here

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
On the Left Wing said:
I am with Biccy 100% on this one, the young guy is an inspiration to all football fans - and a damn fine poster (and website designer!)

I also think the treatment of Richie Morris was way over the top after the bloke went out on a limb to raise funds for Wrexham.

I don't wish to comment on the Desert Orchid situation, as I have no wish to rekindle old fires.

I totally agree with the above. All three have put in a lot of effort and contributed much to helping not only the Albion, but football in general. I fail to understand why their endeavours should attract abuse. I appreciate that not everyone is so altruistic but the above should be applauded not condemned.

Some people are thick skinned and able to disregard and be unaffected by personal abuse, others, who are more sensitive, are not. I find it sad that some people seem unable comprehend this. Insensitive comments are not fun, particularly if they impact on self esteem.

I would be very sorry to see OTLW or any of the others leave this board for good and hope that Biscuit returns soon. You are all a credit to the footballing fraternity and I, personally, particularly enjoy your posts - some of the best on the board.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
On the Left Wing said:
after all it is only a internet messageboard

And therefore not something to get wound up about OTLW. Will you all please lighten up and stop being such a bunch of bloody drama queens.

I find this whole issue bizarre. I love NSC, and I guess you all do too or you wouldn't spend so much time on here. But if you get fed up with it and want to stop posting, fine. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT! Just stop posting, it's simple. All this goodbye nonsense and all the posts on this thread "I MIGHT stop for awhile" bollocks. Who do you all think you are? Stop taking this so seriously, you all know what NSC is like. If you want to stop posting, no one is going to send the heavies round to your front door to get you back online.
I have nothing against anyone on here, and ONTLW seems like a nice chap and posts interesting stuff, but wasn't it only about 3 months ago that he posted his previous goodbye thread?
Good grief

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Lokki 7 said:
I find this whole issue bizarre. I love NSC, and I guess you all do too or you wouldn't spend so much time on here. But if you get fed up with it and want to stop posting, fine. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT! Just stop posting, it's simple. All this goodbye nonsense and all the posts on this thread "I MIGHT stop for awhile" bollocks. Who do you all think you are? Stop taking this so seriously, you all know what NSC is like. If you want to stop posting, no one is going to send the heavies round to your front door to get you back online.
I have nothing against anyone on here, and ONTLW seems like a nice chap and posts interesting stuff, but wasn't it only about 3 months ago that he posted his previous goodbye thread?
Good grief
:clap2:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Fran Hagarty said:
I totally agree with the above. All three have put in a lot of effort and contributed much to helping not only the Albion, but football in general. I fail to understand why their endeavours should attract abuse. I appreciate that not everyone is so altruistic but the above should be applauded not condemned.

Some people are thick skinned and able to disregard and be unaffected by personal abuse, others, who are more sensitive, are not. I find it sad that some people seem unable comprehend this. Insensitive comments are not fun, particularly if they impact on self esteem.

I would be very sorry to see OTLW or any of the others leave this board for good and hope that Biscuit returns soon. You are all a credit to the footballing fraternity and I, personally, particularly enjoy your posts - some of the best on the board.

But where was the 'personal abuse'? Like I said, I've re-read the thread and there's none there. Maybe a few jibes but they're mild compared to some of the stuff people get subjected to on here. As for altruism; one man's altruism is another's "this has gone too far". Is it not a fair criticism that maybe OTLW and Biscuit have got a little too wrapped up in the Wrexham love-in and, in the case of OTLW's invite to the Tottenham match, acted in haste without thinking through the possible consequences to other Brighton fans? If your going to stick your neck out and engage in activities that no everyone's going to necessarily like then you've got to be able to take the criticism that that will bring. Like I said, if there was more too it than that then fair enough but no-one's indicated there was. I agree that from what I've read from OTLW and Biscuit most of there stuff has been top-drawer and they deserve credit for their actions, but this last one many people felt was wrong. If you're going to take the plaudits when you get things right then you've got to also be able to take the flack when you get things wrong.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here