Has Biscuit Now Resigned ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Can I have his nick then?

I was Biscuit on the old NSC and on every other internet forum/site I am registered with.

Bluejuice is ok but f*** knows what it means

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On another note where has FG gone. I'm glad he has gone but where is he?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
What was Biscuit all upset about?

FFS IT IS ONLY A INTERNET FORUM. IT IS NOT REAL LIFE!!!

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I've never had an abusive PM...

Clearly no-one likes me...

I would quit, but I simply won't allow myself to be so gay...

Lammy said:
What was Biscuit all upset about?

FFS IT IS ONLY A INTERNET FORUM. IT IS NOT REAL LIFE!!!

Different people have different thresholds on these things. A lot of people would have quit after the abusive PM I received from a certain non Albion supporter (Who is not racist in anyway, shape or form). I just found it very, very funny. Other people will take such things to heart.

Too many desktop warriors (including myself to a lesser degree) these days. This notion of "free speech on the internet" crap doesn't help. Witness the outcry after certain threads have been removed. Nazi mods, etc. If some views expressed on here were expressed face to face or in public off the internet and not behind a pseudonym, legal action could and indeed should be taken.

Basically, to be a regular participant on a forum like this, you need the ability to laugh at yourself and laugh at the stupidity, ignorance and immaturity of others.

I believe that NSC is coming to a very important crossroads. Recent affairs have brought out a lot of new views and attitudes. It is difficult to see how it can continue as the snook-cocking, risque, most things go, general discussion forum with a common theme of (mostly) supporting the Albion. Some people are trying to push the limits and threaten the owner with possible legal action - not content with the board as was. Finding a happy medium could be difficult. Allow too many idiots and a lot of regualr, valued posters could leave or Bozza could be forced to close the board altogether. Sanitise it too much and it will become too sterile and the Official Board by another name.

I'm glad I don't have the job of the mods at the moment.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
At the end of the day if you don't like it don't use the board. There is no need to all these incredibly gay "good bye everyine" threads! Just bugger off quietly! No one will notice!

Sticks and stones etc...

Lammy said:
At the end of the day if you don't like it don't use the board. There is no need to all these incredibly gay "good bye everyine" threads! Just bugger off quietly! No one will notice!

Sticks and stones etc...

Not entirely sure I agree - whilst they can be self promoting and/or self pitying, it saves the constant - where is such and such - discussions and may also bring to light some unacceptable behaviour by other members. There is abuse and there is abuse. I might draw the line at being called a paedophile for example. Fun though this board is, there is never any need to have to stand for something like that.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Biscuit was called a paedophile!! :eek:

Seriously though, maybe but it doesn't seem to stop the constant "So has he really gone" threads ;)

Also if you are gone then do you care if your departure generates a load of crap threads? After all you're not the one reading them.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I am with Biccy 100% on this one, the young guy is an inspiration to all football fans - and a damn fine poster (and website designer!)

I also think the treatment of Richie Morris was way over the top after the bloke went out on a limb to raise funds for Wrexham.

I don't wish to comment on the Desert Orchid situation, as I have no wish to rekindle old fires.

I think much of what TGC has posted is spot on. At its best NSC is everything to all people and can look back with pride on events such as National Falmer Day - sustained almost wholly by NSCers! But at it worst it derides and undermines the sincerity and goodwill of too many fellow travellers.

On balance the vindictiveness and narrow-mindedness of SOME fellow Albion supporters has led me to conclude that I also need a complete break from this site - after all it is only a internet messageboard. I dunno whether I will come back - like many I have been part of NSC for more than 5 years - maybe the New Year will bring some answers and a better mood.

Last edited:

Lush

Mods' Pet
The Great Cornholio said:

I believe that NSC is coming to a very important crossroads. Recent affairs have brought out a lot of new views and attitudes. It is difficult to see how it can continue as the snook-cocking, risque, most things go, general discussion forum with a common theme of (mostly) supporting the Albion. Some people are trying to push the limits and threaten the owner with possible legal action - not content with the board as was. Finding a happy medium could be difficult. Allow too many idiots and a lot of regualr, valued posters could leave or Bozza could be forced to close the board altogether. Sanitise it too much and it will become too sterile and the Official Board by another name.

I'm glad I don't have the job of the mods at the moment.

Nah.

It's always been like this.

Up one day, down the next. People pushing boundaries. People flouncing off.

Fortunately we've always had good mods.

Lammy said:
Biscuit was called a paedophile!! :eek:

Seriously though, maybe but it doesn't seem to stop the constant "So has he really gone" threads ;)

Also if you are gone then do you care if your departure generates a load of crap threads? After all you're not the one reading them.

I never saw the thread before it was deleted so don't put words in my mouth! :lolol: I was just suggesting what sort of non-comical comment would make me reconsider. Nobody should take unjustified vile abuse, no matter where it is.

Lush said:
Nah.

It's always been like this.

Up one day, down the next. People pushing boundaries. People flouncing off.

Fortunately we've always had good mods.

Pre Brighton Bird, I can't remember any non-wind up posters quitting because of abuse from other members. Sure we've had Dwanye and FG but I can't remember any 'serious' posters leaving. Perhaps old age is robbing me of these memories. But I've never known it quite so volatile on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here