Has anyone given up smoking this year?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
i gave up in march after 17 yrs!! used patches and stick, went to Slovenia on stag do smoked all weekend, smoked all over xmas and have given up again. Wham is gonna be hard but ive got some patches left over so i will have that on on sat.:wave:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm on the patches. I managed nine months with them last year, but eventually succumbed after developing a cigar habit. This time it's going to be absolutely no tobacco. Even the tropical cigarettes have gone :nono:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nice to see I am not the only one! Well done Cardboard and PM (Although I am unsure as to whether you have ever smoked!)

Is it the first month that is the magic target or an ongoing thing?

Are you never 'cured'? :ohmy:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
3 months without for me now, I actually found it quite easy after the first couple of weeks despite smoking for almost 15 years...

Handy Tip: Patches, put one over each eye and you'll not be able to find your fags.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Trigger said:
3 months without for me now, I actually found it quite easy after the first couple of weeks despite smoking for almost 15 years...

Handy Tip: Patches, put one over each eye and you'll not be able to find your fags.

:lolol: :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Gave up 2 years ago at Xmas after 30 years. Keep at it BOF, you know it makes sense :thumbsup:

And no, you are never cured, only 1 cigarette away from being a smoker again

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
In the olden days if you gave up, you gave up. Out of grit.. you didn't have to resort to patches and sticks and all manner of other gimmicks! McGhee out. :angry:

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I stopped smoking on the way home from Southampton away last year.
Not touched one since probably smoked between 10 and 15 a day since i was 17 (im 31 now)

No patches or gum, i just stopped

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Biscuit said:
In the olden days if you gave up, you gave up. Out of grit.. you didn't have to resort to patches and sticks and all manner of other gimmicks! McGhee out. :angry:
That is how I did it and I feel so proud :)

Last edited:

I smoked for a week when I was 16 saw the light and stopped, last year both my brother in laws died of smoking related illness cancer and heart disease aged 46 and 48, so good luck to all you who are stopping.

:smokin: not cool just stupid, and you stink.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Barrel of Fun said:
Nice to see I am not the only one! Well done Cardboard and PM (Although I am unsure as to whether you have ever smoked!)

Is it the first month that is the magic target or an ongoing thing?

Are you never 'cured'? :ohmy:

I haven't indulged in any sex orgies either!

:blush:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Trigger said:

:clap2: :bowdown: :clap2:

Grit and determination will hopefully get me through, with the help of some chewing gum. Trying to avoid patches etc.

Seems like I picked a bad football season to try and give up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here