Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has anyone else lost a portion of their life to the Olympics Ticket site?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Mrs logged on when they opened this morning and we saw that there were loads of events in the stadium available...so chose some and was prepared to spend say £125 for a decent eveing, there was a few finals , medal ceremonies, women chucking discusses etc etc.

Picked the days....went through...NOTHING AVAILABLE....ok, went back...there they all are on the site as available...tried again...NONE AVAILABLE....did this 8 times and eventually gave up after nearly 2 hours.

What a bloody farce.

how difficult is it when we can put a man on the moon, to have a web site that soon as a ticket is issued, it takes the availability list down by one!!!!

FFS

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I managed to get tickets for an Olympic Stadium session about an hour ago. It took 5 minutes. Paralympic athletics on 31 August.
That's because nobody* wants to see the Paralympics.

*not strictly "nobody", but relatively speaking, it is hardly anyone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's because nobody* wants to see the Paralympics.

*not strictly "nobody", but relatively speaking, it is hardly anyone.

I'm getting spammed to death with emails offering me tickets to the paralympics. I'm not in the least bit interested.

I did put in for some tickets last year for various stadium events, but predictably got nowhere. This is my punishment it would seem.

D

Deleted member 22389

The Mrs logged on when they opened this morning and we saw that there were loads of events in the stadium available...so chose some and was prepared to spend say £125 for a decent eveing, there was a few finals , medal ceremonies, women chucking discusses etc etc.

Picked the days....went through...NOTHING AVAILABLE....ok, went back...there they all are on the site as available...tried again...NONE AVAILABLE....did this 8 times and eventually gave up after nearly 2 hours.

What a bloody farce.

how difficult is it when we can put a man on the moon, to have a web site that soon as a ticket is issued, it takes the availability list down by one!!!!

FFS

A few people complaining about the exact same issue on Radio 5 today. I wonder how much this government paid for that piece of garbage.
Seems like there have been problems from day one, which nobody has been bothered to sort out. There are probably so many bloody consultants and marketing people involved, nobody really knows what is going on.
As with all government backed projects they didn't do their homework on this.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

IiPicked the days....went through...NOTHING AVAILABLE....ok, went back...there they all are on the site as available...tried again...NONE AVAILABLE....did this 8 times and eventually gave up after nearly 2 hours.

What a bloody farce.

FFS

It only opened at 11, how did you manage to waste 2 hours by 12,18?
I wasted 30 mins, then gave upas there were no tickets left at a price I was prepared to pay.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
yes i have, it has frustrated the shite out of me

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Logged on at 10:50 this morning, clicked the men's football final bang on 11.00, chose my tickets, waited 3 minutes and got three, very happy as its a full day on 11 Aug now to go with my Taekwondo morning tickets I got in the second ballot last year.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm getting spammed to death with emails offering me tickets to the paralympics. I'm not in the least bit interested.

It's great that disabled people want to do sports. Great.

But who in hell wants to WATCH them doing it? Beats me!

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Logged on and got evening athletics for 05AUG12 which includes mens 100m final and all booked by 11.10am

Was after the Opening ceremony but they had gone from the outset.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Didn't waste any time on the phone, but I did get an email today from them telling me that my tickets wil be delivered to me today. Why I need an email to tell me this I do not know. More to the point, there is no option to reply to the email where I could tell them just to drop my tickets for UAE v someone at the Ricoh in the bin.

I'm still pissed off with the whole thing. I applied for 45 tickets in the football in the original ballot, got one dogshit game in Coventry.

Then I wasn't allowed to apply in the second ballot because I was successfully in the first ballot, ALL the matches I applied and failed for in the first ballot were still available in the second ballot, same tickets, same venues, same prices. That's ALL the matches.

Then they released more tickets for sale, and still MOST of the same games were still available, and even this week they continue to sell tickets, including the SF and Final, all tickets that I applied for on the first ballot.

It's a load of f***ing shit, it is shameful the way LOCOG (or whatever they are called) have treated the customers in this country over this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here