Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has anyone else lost a portion of their life to the Olympics Ticket site?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Then they released more tickets for sale, and still MOST of the same games were still available, and even this week they continue to sell tickets, including the SF and Final, all tickets that I applied for on the first ballot.

So given then they were the ones you wanted, did you buy them this time round? Not an ideal system, but you will have got what you always wanted...?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So given then they were the ones you wanted, did you buy them this time round? Not an ideal system, but you will have got what you always wanted...?

Sadly, that time round it was first come first served, I was not able to log on and try to buy them during the day due to work, i tried in the evening, by which time the system, as widely reported, was in meltdown. When I had a brief glimpse of what was available, there were some left I wanted, but I wasn't able to log into my account, by the next day I believe they were crowing that all the top tickets, and Team GB (football) tickets were sold. Low and behold, yesterday they found some more, I have to admit, I hadn't realised they listed them again yesterday, so didn't even try. It's a farce, why didn't they sell me the tickets I asked for in the first place? They had very little interest in them, there were hundreds of thousands unsold, and yet they knocked back perfectly willing customers.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just opened my ticket package, I went for Cat B seats (A were the best, C were the cheapest), hoping for decent seats, not a f***ing chance, block 4, right in the f***ing corner, row D. Blimey, Cat C tickets must be in Molenieux or something, Jesus this is bollocks, do you think it will be allocated seats? Think I'll just use them as firefighters on the BBQ this evening.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The Mrs logged on when they opened this morning and we saw that there were loads of events in the stadium available...so chose some and was prepared to spend say £125 for a decent eveing, there was a few finals , medal ceremonies, women chucking discusses etc etc.

Picked the days....went through...NOTHING AVAILABLE....ok, went back...there they all are on the site as available...tried again...NONE AVAILABLE....did this 8 times and eventually gave up after nearly 2 hours.

What a bloody farce.

how difficult is it when we can put a man on the moon, to have a web site that soon as a ticket is issued, it takes the availability list down by one!!!!

FFS

Seems to me that from the customer's perspective, this has been just about the perfect example of how NOT to sell tickets. From their view, it's probably worked extremely well as it's geared to be an utter rip-off.

I tried yesterday (for the 3rd time). I'm sure it would have been easy enough to get tickets for the football and other events away from the Olympic Stadium but I took the view from the start that really all I wanted to see - and was prepared to pay over the odds for - would be the athletics or the cycling. Obviously, on that basis, my chances were always fairly slim.

However, the system was a joke. I took my first pop yesterday at getting tickets for one of the best evening sessions, showing lots of availability. Got put into a 15 minute queue to then be told that 'no tickets match your selection'. So back to square one and the realisation that the only real prospect of landing anything would be to request tickets for four separate sessions at the same time, running the risk of having to shell out a fortune if more than one came up. I shouldn't have worried. Same result - long wait, nothing matching my selection apparently, although going back to the search page still showed tickets available for everything I'd searched for.

Aha - so surely the problem must be that they only had single tickets left in each price category, dotted around the stadium. So I tried for just one ticket. And still 'no tickets match your selection'. In which case, despite their claims that the site was working perfectly, it obviously wasn't.

Stupid I know but it really has soured my view of the whole event. Of course, if you're willing to pay a fortune to Thomas Cook, you can get whatever you want provided you agree to pay way over the odds for a shoddy hotel at the same time. It stinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here