Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has anyone actually bought/seen an ipad yet, in Brighton?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have one and love it. I am not going to try to convince anyone, best thing would be try check one out at the store. I haven't used my pc since I got my iPad, the instant switch on or off really helps. I have all my photos and music on it and the need for speed game is excellent! Web browsing is superb, the only downside being lack of flash which is a real pain!

I thought they were adding Flash?Pretty shit that they haven't got it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think I've experienced a single occasion where I've even noticed lack of Flash, let alone it being a pain.

What sites do you need to access that are causing you issues?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've got one and it's brilliant. It's not a laptop; it's not a phone; it's a walking encyclopaedia, tv, notebook, newspaper etc. It's brilliant

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We've got a few at work and I love them. Can see everyone having one in years to come. Can see a day when people don't buy newspapers/magazines but just download the days paper onto there iPad or alternative and read it that way.

Stumpy Tim

I don't think I've experienced a single occasion where I've even noticed lack of Flash, let alone it being a pain.

What sites do you need to access that are causing you issues?

BBC News website is a big problem for me. Just had to download the Dominos Pizza iPhone app as the website didn't run. Also, Channel 7 over here has re-runs and it uses Flash. It's definitely an issue to be honest.

Still love the iPad though

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
We've got a few at work and I love them. Can see everyone having one in years to come. Can see a day when people don't buy newspapers/magazines but just download the days paper onto there iPad or alternative and read it that way.

:nono: Not a personal attack on you, but that would be a really sad day for mankind.

Anyway, a book will never be replaced. I LOVE to read to books, and newspapers. It gets me away from all these glaring computer screens, which deaden my mind and effectively waste my life away. Can't think of anything worse than reading stuff all of a screen. It actually makes me feel ill.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can see a day when people don't buy newspapers/magazines but just download the days paper onto there iPad or alternative and read it that way.

I think it's inevitable. iPads will be too big though and smaller handheld gadgets will be the medium of choice.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I wonder how many people with their jobs in the balance have one of these. Not forgetting the new iphone 4 thing. Ressesion? What ressesion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice thing is if you ignore it for six months you just know they'll bring out a new one that is twice as sleek, half the weight and has a better battery.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'll be getting an ipad very soon, and as soon as I've got enough money I will change my PC for a Mac.
Yep I've seen the light and love all things Apple, and I want to have Steve Jobs babies !

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
i can't wait for the time when i want to watch a movie or something on my ipad that i just hold it up the whole time cool

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here