Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys back at the Lewes Arms!

Press Release
20 April 2007

Greene King announces reinstatement of Harveys at the Lewes Arms

The reinstatement of Harveys to the Lewes Arms has been announced today. Greene King Local Pubs managing director Jonathan Lawson and regional manager Andrea Greenwood were at the pub today talking to their team and to the regulars, and letting them know of the decision. Jonathan said that the order for the beer had been placed and that following secondary fermentation in the cellar, it should be ready to drink towards the end of next week.

“We are passionate supporters of cask beer, are proud of our own brews and have recognised the intensity of feeling around Harveys at the Lewes Arms.” He said that the history of the pub, including its role as former brewery tap, combined with activities ranging from dwyle flunking to pea throwing made this hostelry very special.

“Now that Harveys is going back into the pub, my team and I are hoping that we can make a fresh start with our customers and are looking forward to helping the Lewes Arms once again play a full role in the local community.”

Greene King chief executive Rooney Anand added, “The Lewes Arms is a very special local pub with a unique place in the life of the town.

“We underestimated the depth of feeling and level of reaction about our initial decision and I believe that the conclusion the team put forward to return Harveys to the bar is the right one. I'm pleased that Jonathan and the team have taken on board our customers’ feedback and hope people will be pleased with the news.”

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Lord Bracknell said:
Press Release
20 April 2007

Greene King announces reinstatement of Harveys at the Lewes Arms

“He said that the history of the pub, including its role as former brewery tap, combined with activities ranging from dwyle flunking to pea throwing made this hostelry very special.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Sounds great.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wow. So it can be done. Impressive.

:clap:

It still irritates me that the suits from Bury St Edmunds are under the impression that the Arms was some sort of "brewery tap" for Harveys.

If they knew anything about Lewes, they'd know that the former brewery on the other side of the road was the home of Beards.

But, hey! Mustn't grumble.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
So are all the regulars going to start going back to the Lewes Arms? I know I wouldn't. I'd rather keep the boycott up until Greene King decided to sell it on to someone else.

I will probably continue my own personal Boycott which so far has lasted my entire life, because I do not want peas thrown at me thank you very muchly!

Richie Morris said:
Just in time for next FRIDAY night post REMF...:drink:
How to get to the Lewes Arms from the Dripping Pan.

1. Drag yourself away from the excellent pint of Harvey's that is available at the ground.

2. Walk past the Lansdown, resisting the temptation to call in for an excellent pint of Harvey's.

3. Walk past the Royal Oak, the Greene King pub where they withdrew Harvey's ages ago.

4. Walk past the Lamb, another Greene King pub where they withdrew Harvey's ages ago.

5. Turn left.

6. You've arrived.

Bevendean Hillbilly said:
I will probably continue my own personal Boycott which so far has lasted my entire life, because I do not want peas thrown at me thank you very muchly!
The pea throwing has only got dangerous since Birds Eye started sponsoring the event.

It's the dog racing that you have to watch out for.

spaniels07_04.thumb.jpg

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
Congratulations to all of the regulars who've put in the effort to overturn the brewery's original decision. The more power to your (drinking) elbows.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lord Bracknell said:
The big thing in Lewes at the moment is the World Toad in the Hole Championships at the Town Hall next Wednesday.

Thats probably registers more interest in the average Lewes resident than the parking fiasco and Falmer combined.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Lord Bracknell said:
The pea throwing has only got dangerous since Birds Eye started sponsoring the event.

It's the dog racing that you have to watch out for.

spaniels07_04.thumb.jpg

the white staffie at the back...is that US's tip? It does seem to be heading off in the wrong direction as usual if it is.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I do like how Greene King still paint themselves in such a wonderful touchy feely way "looking forward to helping the Lewes Arms once again play a full role in the local community"

AS IF Greene King have contributed to the community with this attempted shower of power - which has gone horribly wrong for them.....still they like to think they are nice guys really...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here