Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartys phone in

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
had to laugh when mcgoo said we might need to win 4 out of 7 and then in the back ground someone shouted not with the team you pick:lolol:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Somebody told Harty at half-time that scouts have been looking at our young players. Shock! Horror!

How unusual for scouts to look at players.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Now Danny has come up with an original suggestion. Play the youth team in the remaining games. Whatever will they come up with next?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
nobody's dupe said:
Now Danny has come up with an original suggestion. Play the youth team in the remaining games. Whatever will they come up with next?
Play the ball boys

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Did anyone actually call Harty stupid when he said "call me stupid" and then paused?

I did
yes, yes i did.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Bugger why didnt we do the bingo this week - ive heard "i am the eternal optimist" & "we would survive without Dick Knight"

Can we get the proper cards printed up for next week?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty needs to be careful the men in white coats don't come for him, 4 wins in the last 7 games :lol:

Why are people saying they still think we can stay up ??? , 3 points from the last 27 available, 3 goals in 9 and 7 points adrift with a worse goal difference with 7 games left.

Don't be so fecking ridiculous :nono:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only reason we're still in the mini-league of four is cos sheff Wed. have been crap enough to draw their last couple of games. We should by rights be dead and buried by now and about fifteen points adrift. We're totally f***ed basically, and have been since Millwall subs turned us over on New Years Eve. Oh well.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
As far as I can see we were down after the away defeat at Crewe. And a bloody miserable day that was too - freezing cold, and a God forsaken place.

This season is beginning to remind me of 1972/3 - we couldn't score goals for a long stretch, except for the odd penalty.

All very depressing.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Uncle Spielberg said:
Harty needs to be careful the men in white coats don't come for him, 4 wins in the last 7 games :lol:

Why are people saying they still think we can stay up ??? , 3 points from the last 27 available, 3 goals in 9 and 7 points adrift with a worse goal difference with 7 games left.

Don't be so fecking ridiculous :nono:
Shock Horror:ohmy: You going to pay up now then

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Three cheers for the spin doctors!

To clarify what I actually said about the time of Alan's call; in response to his claim that we wouldn't have a club without Dick Knight, as much as the Chairman has earned legendary status i don't think you can actually say this because no-one can ever prove that if Dick Knight hadn't been around someone else in the city or beyond. wouldn't have stepped up to the plate and taken the job on.
And my other point, which has been well and truly spun on here, was the Hereford situation. Whilst we featured the Great Escape of 1997 on the pre match show, what I said was that in the next few weeks if things don't turn at out as we all want, ie we stay up, the last thing we really want to hear is 'look how far we've come since Hereford' or 'We're punching above our weight'.
If we do go down, and I still beleive (Call me stupid) that with an on loan striker even at this late stage we could still beat, Luton, Millwall, Wednesday and Stoke, draw with Soton and survive, the fault lies with the fact we didn't have the tools for the job at the start, coupled with the loss of Charlie Oatway at Xmas who we then didn't replace.
A experienced 15 goal a season front man would have made the difference, that and an injury free Oatway would have made mid table medocirty reality, regardless of what LDC had thrown at us as a result of the Falmer application.
LDC are bang out of order but are they really at fault for what is happening on the pitch?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here