Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's Phone in

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Ernest, with f***ing idiots like you on our team, I'm surprised anyone takes us seriously. If you think you could do better you invest some money in the club. Otherwise.......

:salute:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
its so nice to see that instituations give thier patiences access to computers get well soon fg

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I'm no Ernest fan but I'm going to defend him today and especially that man Toughman who spoke alot of sense last night on the radio and I was nodding my head with nearly everything he said

1 Watto to go (True)
2 Mayo to go (True)
3 Put in Robinson for at least 10-20 mins at the end of the game to see if he has anything (True)
3 Hierachy taken us for a ride re: high season ticket prices (True)
4 We've gone backwards since we were last in Div2 (True)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
FWIW I thoght this was one of the better phone ins compared to others this season. We actually had people on who had seen the game and who had something worthwhile to say, even if you did not agree with them. I thought "toughman" spoke well but I did not share his views. Could Fi Fi have been Leslie in disguise, Harty?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
My grievance smart arse, is that I object to being held over a barrel with regards to my season ticket, when we were "encouraged" to buy our season tickets at a time when we did not even know what division we would be in

Please don't insult my intelligence, I realise costs are high because of the reduced capacity, but I thought a price freeze may have been in order when we dropped from Div1 to Div2 as a thank you to the continued support of the 5000 plus of us that buy season tickets

A friend of mine has a season ticket at West Ham and their prices were reduced by 15-20% when they were relegated from the Premiership.

I don't mind paying for the ticket, just think for the ticket to have gone up, when we had gone down, was wrong of the board

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dancin Ninja do you think the council or Ecovert care what division we are in?

Overheads are overheads no matter who the opposition is.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Gaffer it was Lesley, something I realised as soon as she uttered her first world, I tried to get her off as quickly as I could without being rude, at the first opportunity I gave it to Colon with both barrels who even as a College Lecturer didn't exactly cover himself in glory when it came to commonsense.
To be honest I thank Lesley all the other people who take the time and trouble to listen each week but last nights phone-in was always destined to be 'kicking' which I think it was, 12 callers, other than the first one, and two interviews to air in 48 mins and with the best will in the world it was neither the time or the place for Lesley's input.
Just to re-iterate my apologies to the callers who didn't get on, please try again next week.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
A 'character' who rings SCR on a regular basis, ie not just the fans phone in, and also writes some 'very interesting' letters to the Argus

rool

Jul 10, 2003
ok, thanks. SCR seems to attract it's fair share of characters but what would we do without it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, lost it a bit on the phone in.

Couldn't quite find the words to describe what i had just witnessed.

*chokes*

:dunce:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
mitch said:
its so nice to see that instituations give thier patiences access to computers get well soon fg

Is Mitch George Bush in disguise? They have a very similar appreciation of the English language!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Thought the phone in was very good this week with the obvious exception of the first caller. Good job Harty, and I think Chappers' call pretty much summed up the feeling of most Albion fans.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I didnt hear the phone in as you dont seem to get it anymore on the Underground. Re Toughman, I can guess roughly what he says. He used to come on here for a wind up because far too many people take it far too seriously and nsc is life and death to a few. I dont agree with what he says about Knight getting out but on the playing front I cant argue. He used to be my football manager and is probably one of the most knowledgable men I know when it comes to tatics. His comments about the team are normally spot on. Our biggest weakness for me on saturday were the 2 full backs. It seems that any half decent teams we have played over the last 2 and a half years know to attack down our wings and have full backs themselves who push on. You can see everytime Mayo and Watson get the ball they are scared, dont know what to do with it and just get rid quickly, rarely to another team mate.
I thought we played quite well, showed alot of fight and proved if you string a few results together in this leagur you will go up because there is no outstanding teams in it.
I thought the first goal was down to Watson's poor decision making. Why show the winger inside and retreat 15 yards to the edge of the box I will never know. Didnt see who was at fault for the second as I was looking at the OB next to us.
A couple of player changes and a bit of time for McGhee and we can get out of this league comfortably. Dont think it will be this season. Before everyone slits their wrists, just look at the table and see where the other relegated teams form Div 1 last year are.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have said the same about Wednesday and Grimsby myself.

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
My grievance smart arse, is that I object to being held over a barrel with regards to my season ticket, when we were "encouraged" to buy our season tickets at a time when we did not even know what division we would be in

Please don't insult my intelligence, I realise costs are high because of the reduced capacity, but I thought a price freeze may have been in order when we dropped from Div1 to Div2 as a thank you to the continued support of the 5000 plus of us that buy season tickets

A friend of mine has a season ticket at West Ham and their prices were reduced by 15-20% when they were relegated from the Premiership.

I don't mind paying for the ticket, just think for the ticket to have gone up, when we had gone down, was wrong of the board

And now, with the increased prices - we still haven't got a pot to piss in. So how would reducing the ticket prices have helped?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here