Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's Phone In Thread.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If memory serves me correctly, the Coca Cola money had to be spent by a certain date early in the season so we have either spent it (most likely) or lost it.

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Happy Seagull said:
What kind of muppets ring the phone in? :shootself

Did this guy really think McGhee sits there drinking pints of whiskey in the dressing room. f***ing goon :dunce:
That was the funniest call I've ever heard. 'What sort of an example is that to set to the players, doing that in the dressing room.' Unbelievable!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Two points..

1) The Coke money ALL had to be used by 31st Aug 2005. It ALL went on Kaz by means of transfer fee, wages and appearance related extras.

2) Harty - what was the news that was to 'astound' us after the travel?... Were you advised by the Beeb to not announce it!?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Seagullible said:
thought I did ok pointing out McGhee's odd tactic of Hart on wing and Carole up front instead of the other way round. Do think he's gotta start thinking more about selecting the best team rather than the players that don't piss him off
Thought that was you... Well made point. :clap2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Happy Seagull said:
What kind of muppets ring the phone in? :shootself

Did this guy really think McGhee sits there drinking pints of whiskey in the dressing room. f***ing goon :dunce:

Probably thinks Gary Hart is being thought about by posh spice when she's shagging Beckham :D

dave the gaffer said:
No Steve, I know some very good "hacks"...its just you I dont like.

neither does my mate who has worked with you and also thinks you are an opinionated cock

Ah, Mr Snide, so you have no problems with the source I quoted then, jolly good :wave:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Yeah, I waited with batted breath for Harty's astounding bit of news and thought I'd missed it? But actually it was either never read out or Hoarsey was taking the piss. And yes, whoever thought McGuee drinks pints of whisky....mate you win Goon of the year. And clown, baffon, fool etc....

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sorry the astounding news was a tad cryptic, having been dubbed chairperson(!) of the McGhee fan club I actually took issue with two things he said in his interview.
1) Players are playing in positions they are not used to.
What about McCammon?
2) McGhee said he could ask the players for nothing more than what they did, quote, 'they gave it their best shot.'
Was I watching another game?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Harty said:
Sorry the astounding news was a tad cryptic, having been dubbed chairperson(!) of the McGhee fan club I actually took issue with two things he said in his interview.
1) Players are playing in positions they are not used to.
What about McCammon?
2) McGhee said he could ask the players for nothing more than what they did, quote, 'they gave it their best shot.'
Was I watching another game?

1. McCammon........his usual position is just outside Sainsbury's, awaiting to be laden with groceries, to expect him to play up front and score goals is harsh on the lad, especially when he has a wobbly wheel.

2. I personally think the players put in the perspiration, but lack inspiration, so they give it their best shot, which sadly is not good enough in this division

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
El Presidente said:
1. McCammon........his usual position is just outside Sainsbury's, awaiting to be laden with groceries, to expect him to play up front and score goals is harsh on the lad, especially when he has a wobbly wheel.

2. I personally think the players put in the perspiration, but lack inspiration, so they give it their best shot, which sadly is not good enough in this division

They ran out of ideas while Mcghee just stood there.

Where is the motivation mcghee? Cork and Adams where lifting there players all game, while Mcghee just stood there.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
KinkyHitler said:
They ran out of ideas while Mcghee just stood there.

Where is the motivation mcghee? Cork and Adams where lifting there players all game, while Mcghee just stood there.

Rest assured, he was thinking great thoughts.

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here