Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's Phone In Thread (18/02/06)

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
fosters headband said:
Because I dont believe there was a ever any money available for players on loan or permanent.
Thats not McGhee's fault

I'm out of the country at present but on another thread someone has said that the Argus covers this today and it is made clear that money has been there and that the board has supported the manager.

and that is not saying it is McGhee's fault either. It is just circumstances.

The money IS there. The manager IS identifying the right targets, but for whatever reason, we have not been able to land those targets.

I'm certain that the manager will continue to try over the next weeks to bring in one or two more players on loan - we supporters can only support him in his efforts and hope he is successful.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Trigger said:
Were they over 16?...

mmm, borderline I'd say. Certainly two or three of them looked at least 17!

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
nobody is moving that kid!

he can pay the same and stay where he is. (his old man might have to pay the same as other adults around him though)

very shrewd caller on now though

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Robert Lester Zamora said:
The money IS there. The manager IS identifying the right targets, but for whatever reason, we have not been able to land those targets.

Is it? Do you honestly believe that it is? How come you are so certain?

The club are chasing people for small debts at the moment, and that I'm afraid is FACT. It is inconceivable that we have not been able to get anyone in the transfer window. ANYONE? And yet, six players are currently out on loan.

The sad facts are is that the money is not there, and all of the public spin that is being put on this, has left DK with nowhere to turn. He can't go out in public and say this now, because how f***ing stupid would he look after saying we've bid six-figures for a player.

It was a frustrated manager on the phone-in tonight, and I rather fear for the first time that he is being somewhat hung out to dry by certain people at the club.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Seagull73 said:
Is it? Do you honestly believe that it is? How come you are so certain?

The club are chasing people for small debts at the moment, and that I'm afraid is FACT. It is inconceivable that we have not been able to get anyone in the transfer window. ANYONE? And yet, six players are currently out on loan.

The sad facts are is that the money is not there, and all of the public spin that is being put on this, has left DK with nowhere to turn. He can't go out in public and say this now, because how f***ing stupid would he look after saying we've bid six-figures for a player.

It was a frustrated manager on the phone-in tonight, and I rather fear for the first time that he is being somewhat hung out to dry by certain people at the club.

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dont forget DK's background is PR and advertising. Another term for bullshit.
I think some fans are beginning to see through this now.
MM has the guts to come on the phone in week in week out.
Harty I think has asked DK to come on twice now, and he has refused. Even Harty is questioning him now!!
MM is DK's scapegoat and thats why he will still be here at the end of the season.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
brightonfan_86 said:
How can some people say there has been no money, where the f*** did the 6 figure bid come from for Tom Brighton.

I would bet you any money you like, that if his club had accepted our bid, it would have fallen through because we could not meet the player's demands!!! Now that would have been a surprise?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
fosters headband said:
:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dont forget DK's background is PR and advertising. Another term for bullshit.
I think some fans are beginning to see through this now.
MM has the guts to come on the phone in week in week out.
Harty I think has asked DK to come on twice now, and he has refused. Even Harty is questioning him now!!
MM is DK's scapegoat and thats why he will still be here at the end of the season.

Harty was more outspoken tonight than I've ever heard him. When HE comes on and says:-

We're not being told the full picture.
"Where's the Virgo and Harding money.
Is it going into the Black Hole called Falmer?
Dk's just walked past and doesn't want to speak despite several invitations.
He's fed up with people talking crap about coming straight back up.
Then we'll be being told about Hereford etc.
2 of our highest earnerers are out on loan, but nothing's coming back in.
It's not MM's fault that we haven't addressed the striker problem, it's DK's + the window is closed (loans aside).
He doesn't want us to go down as the financial implications will be crippling",

you have to either assume something's seriously wrong behind the scenes or he's been plied with drinks from Ben's Grandad or both.

I've been very critical of Harty's over pro Albion stance in the past, but full marks to him tonight for the reality check that sees him off the fence in a really big way. Common sense the way forward rather than blinded by the Knight (sainthood still pending IMO, but even saints are fallible).

1066gull

Harty was a little odd then the usual, but still entertainment.

Maybe hes lost his will after Marky Mac....

sir danny cullip said:
Mcshane made an absolute mug of king today, had him back pocket!:bowdown:

Might be wrong but I reckon it was the old fat guy at the back who did that :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Whatever, wasn't the league's leading scorer made to look bloody ordinary :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:
Might be wrong but I reckon it was the old fat guy at the back who did that :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Whatever, wasn't the league's leading scorer made to look bloody ordinary :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Second half it was mainly mc shane but first half el abd had a lot to do with it as well as he was pulling out towards our left hand side a lot.

Bromley shrimp said:
Harty was more outspoken tonight than I've ever heard him. When HE comes on and says:-

We're not being told the full picture.
"Where's the Virgo and Harding money.
Is it going into the Black Hole called Falmer?
Dk's just walked past and doesn't want to speak despite several invitations.
He's fed up with people talking crap about coming straight back up.
Then we'll be being told about Hereford etc.
2 of our highest earnerers are out on loan, but nothing's coming back in.
It's not MM's fault that we haven't addressed the striker problem, it's DK's + the window is closed (loans aside).
He doesn't want us to go down as the financial implications will be crippling",

you have to either assume something's seriously wrong behind the scenes or he's been plied with drinks from Ben's Grandad or both.

I've been very critical of Harty's over pro Albion stance in the past, but full marks to him tonight for the reality check that sees him off the fence in a really big way. Common sense the way forward rather than blinded by the Knight (sainthood still pending IMO, but even saints are fallible).

Erm, come on. How long have you been listening to the phone-in?

Harty, bless him, whenever he looks for the "real answer" to Albion's problems, he will always settle on pointing the finger at Dick Knight for Albion's financial problems. He has done it consistently over the phone-in in the past (but admittedly very little this season, he has tried to be more balanced) and in his former Argus column.

It's a point of view, one that perhaps quite a few of Harty's former Gulls Eye muckers genuinely believe in like he does, but one that I don't happen to believe is particularly fair to the old geezer Knight, but that's Harty. You won't ever shift Harty from that point of view, he's held it for years and will probably hold it for as long as Knight is chairman and we aren't in the Premiership (exaggeration, Championship :D )

Oddly enough, given the appalling scapegoating focus on McGhee at the moment, a loyalist like me is amused at the scapegoaters being given another simple, easy target to blame - will it confuse 'em? Good work Harty :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:

Harty, bless him, whenever he looks for the "real answer" to Albion's problems, he will always settle on pointing the finger at Dick Knight for Albion's financial problems. He has done it consistently over the phone-in in the past (but admittedly very little this season, he has tried to be more balanced) and in his former Argus column.

It's a point of view, one that perhaps quite a few of Harty's former Gulls Eye muckers genuinely believe in like he does, but one that I don't happen to believe is particularly fair to the old geezer Knight, but that's Harty. You won't ever shift Harty from that point of view, he's held it for years and will probably hold it for as long as Knight is chairman and we aren't in the Premiership.

Oddly enough, given the appalling scapegoating focus on McGhee at the moment, a loyalist like me is amused at the scapegoaters being given another simple, easy target to blame - will it confuse 'em? Good work Harty :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

gerbil said:
Still here then? I bet any money you'll be back here next season, no one spends this amount of time on an Albion obsessives messageboard and then fucks off. Doesn't ring true fella :wave:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
London Irish said:

It's a point of view, one that perhaps quite a few of Harty's former Gulls Eye muckers genuinely believe in like he does, but one that I don't happen to believe is particularly fair to the old geezer Knight, but that's Harty. You won't ever shift Harty from that point of view, he's held it for years and will probably hold it for as long as Knight is chairman and we aren't in the Premiership (exaggeration, Championship :D )

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here