Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's Media Bitch

Lush

Mods' Pet
I was driving home from the match, saw there was still ten minutes to go, they were obviously floundering badly and reduced to putting Fifi on, so I pulled over, called up and within about a minute I was on the air.

I guess you always think that they have queues of callers, but sometimes I genuinely think that they are desperately "filling" waiting for people to phone.

It really wasn't that nervewracking - although it helps if you have a couple of points you want to make.

I might even do it again.

:)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I must admit, sometime I feel like phoning in to liven up a really dull debate! Perhaps to start an argument with Harty or something? Just to get the ratings up!

I can never catch the phone number though as Harty says it at light speed then reads out the text number in slow motion!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
put it in your mobile........08459 570057

Just go on and be yourself. I enjoy it mate

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I was almost enjoying Harty struggling to fill in the time. Trying to make out there was queues of male callers, but he wanted a female to call in did have it's funny side.

You came over very well Lush.

Last time I called in was to say how well things were going with Horton and we were on our way up. Next week he was gone.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
According to soccerbase, Knight cost 100k from Chelsea. Not sure how realistic that figure is though.

I was under the impression that the 100K is a payment clause triggered only if we go up.

I didn't realise we'd paid anything up front.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lammy said:
Harty mate, stop trying to be a comedian and get to the callers. Stop bollocking Colon (Why didn't his mother just call him Rectum?) for letting everyone know that the phones are dead.

:) I happen to be a great fan of the phone in. They went to hell and back to get one, and now Harty gets slated for lack of callers? WTF? Of course if there is no one phoning in he has to talk with colon and make a few jokes! What else should he do, sit there in stoney silence? I think not.

Carry on 'bollocking' colon...its funny!

Not the best, but not the worst either. I may call in myself next week! Now theres something for the diary!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Go for it Biscuit.

We'll both ring in after the Vale match :wave:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm not slagging him off for the lack of callers! I just think he should be keeping the phone in Albion related rather than comedy cappers with Rectum. Like Dave said (the other Dave caller) he should pose some topics of conversation for us! Would we take Bates' money? Can we afford to go up? Should McGhee be bollocking Knight et al in public?

People need a reason to phone in. Just to say "We played well" or "We were crap" gets a bit samey every week. That's all! It can;t be that bad or I wouldn't bother listen to it!

Once again, here I am giving an opinion and I'm gettinf harased for moaning! I like to call it constructive critsism!

Next home game I might phone in for a rant to get things spiced up! Like ask Harty how much more moonlighting he can fit in?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Lammy in answer to your points raised last night was just one of those nights, Colon still upset from Brian's departure from Westlife and was on clearly another planet!!
Having said that we still had 11 callers to air, over 30 text messages and Mcghee, Hart(Gary) and 'lil' Leon live, I freely admit that at times I was desperatley trying to fill becuase Colon hadn't got a caller up on the swuitchboard, having worked at SCR for 6 years I've never met this Lydia woman so 24hours on I've still not dimissed the possibility that she may have been an object of Colon's imagination.
Tell you what Lammy why don't you give me a call on Saturday?
That will imporve the content!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I might call in again but always get a flamming from Ernest when I do it.

Good excuse to call then :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Harty - as I mentioned last night - me, Lolly and edna krabappel went up to Selhurst last Saturday.

On Palace Radio - yes, I know, I know - they actually have two blokes on the show so when the callers dry up they can have a decent bit of banter.

Seems to me that Colon is not exactly up to speed with all things Albion. Perhaps you need a better co-host?

Maybe a woman?

:wave:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i might try and mention :banana: in a text again , UNLESS i have a new word to mention this week :lol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lush said:
Harty - as I mentioned last night - me, Lolly and edna krabappel went up to Selhurst last Saturday.

On Palace Radio - yes, I know, I know - they actually have two blokes on the show so when the callers dry up they can have a decent bit of banter.

Seems to me that Colon is not exactly up to speed with all things Albion. Perhaps you need a better co-host?

Maybe a woman?

maybe a man?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
we went down last season mainly coz of hinshlewood,not because of the players IMHO
plus our young players have come on immensely since then
i think we'd survive this time

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Harty u can sign me up and i'll co host it with u.
sorry i didnt get on last night i didnt have my phone and i called in against brentford (partly against my will) and didnt have much to say so thought i'd leave it a bit. i'll call in sat!!! Harty - did u enjoy ur breakfast at the services en route to stockport - i was with coxy and rougvie if u remember!?:drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush said:

Maybe a woman?

Harty, that is a superb idea. Lush would be exceptional.

You say you want women to ring in. Lush is extremely knowleagable about the Albion and could carry on the banter if things do slow up.

Give it a try and see how it works out

The Hart & Lush show

:clap2: :clap2:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Harty, I have to agree, Lush would would indeed be exceptional, intelligent, articulate, funny, good-looking, cares about the Albion .........

damn - have I said too much ?

Yorkie is right though Harty, SCR needs Lush.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here