Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartys Comparisons On The Phone In

Was Harty Right to Make a Comparison Between an NSC Poster and Mrs Thatcher ?

• Yes

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Could Care Less

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sorry, Harty, that is bollocks.

Yorkie is a moderator on the BrightonFans forum. As such, she applies the long-established rules of that forum. People who post there regularly know what those rules are, and they accept them. People who are new-comers (including last week's refugees from NSC) were reminded of the rules by Coxy.

For you to personalise this in the way you have, by claiming that Yorkie is "not for turning", that it is SHE who is "laying down the law" on the basis of HER arbitrary knowledge of "right and wrong" is COMPLETELY UNFAIR. And for you to utter this shite on the BBC and repeat it here on NSC shows an ignorance that you should be ashamed of.

You have abused your position as a BBC presenter and should apologise.

Chill out LB i'm sure it was only meant in humour, Well it made me laugh when I read about it anyway. :laugh:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought he had?

He did but the other anti Harty faction has arrived.

BTW LB I am not going to fall out with you over this just a difference of opinion OK

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I cant believe this.

Point 1 - All those listenening who do not read NSC or Brighton Fans etc would not have known who the person was.

Point 2 - Anybody who knew who he was talking about would have their own opinion about them. Therefore it would only interest those of us who post or read.

Point 3 - If you use internet forums mods are always targets for banter, as the stewards are at Withdean, or bouncers in night clubs.

Point 4 - They regularly make fun out of FG and various other people on here.

Point 5 - Harty is doing a better job on the phone in at the moment than at any time I can remember.

Point 6 - ITS LIKE BEING IN A FECKING PLAYGROUND, GROW UP AND FORGET IT.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I cannot live in a censored and ultra sensative, PC world. If this is sympotamatic of what the new TCP world at Falmer will be like, I will be off to find somewhere I can have a point of view......

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
oh yes, VERY much so

It's good in a way though, I mean, who'd have thought back in the '70s, that in 2008, while the Italian league is still plagued by hooliganism, and many european leagues still with endemic racism, that a flare up for a local football club in England would be the fact a phone in presenter compared a woman to Mrs Thatcher.

god...a car backfiring would give some of this lot heart attacks..

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A local club for local people?

Which is more entertaining than the soul-less corporate anonimity of "big" clubs.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have accepted Harty's apology and he is making a donation to Cancer Research.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Now all is resolved, I shall now mainly get on with enjoying the excellent time I've been having here in VENICE. Play with yourselves (nicely) boys and girls. Not that I plan to be back to check.....

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Now all is resolved, I I shall now mainly get on with enjoying the excellent time I've been having here in VENICE. Play with yourselves (nicely) boys and girls. Not that I plan to be back to check.....

Don't encourage them to play with themselves!

we've already got NSP for that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wake up maggie i think i got something to say to you
It's late september and i really should be back at school
I know i keep you amused but i feel i'm being used
Oh maggie i couldn't have tried any more
You lured me away from home just to save you from being alone
You stole my heart and that's what really hurt

The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything
I laughed at all of your jokes my love you didn't need to coax
Oh, maggie i couldn't have tried any more
You lured me away from home, just to save you from being alone
You stole my soul and that's a pain i can do without

All i needed was a friend to lend a guiding hand
But you turned into a lover and
Mother what a lover, you wore me out
All you did was wreck my bed
And in the morning kick me in the head
Oh maggie i couldn't have tried anymore
You lured me away from home 'cause you didn't want to be alone
You stole my heart i couldn't leave you if i tried

I suppose i could collect my books and get on back to school
Or steal my daddy's cue and make a living out of playing pool
Or find myself a rock and roll band that needs a helpin' hand
Oh maggie i wish i'd never seen your face
You made a first-class fool out of me
But i'm as blind as a fool can be
You stole my heart but i love you anyway

Maggie i wish i'd never seen your face
I'll get on back home one of these days

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Yes it had just all calmed down and then Lord B, the King Solomon of NSC, comes on and gives us the benefit of his wisdom.
Goodnight all..............

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Now all is resolved, I I shall now mainly get on with enjoying the excellent time I've been having here in VENICE. Play with yourselves (nicely) boys and girls. Not that I plan to be back to check.....

Has anyone ever likened you to Hillary Clinton BTW Roz, in that you have a husband is a politician?

BAD FAN, you should have been at Oldham suffering for 90 minutes like the rest of us. (luckily minutes 91 and 92 were exciting)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Now all is resolved, I shall now mainly get on with enjoying the excellent time I've been having here in VENICE. Play with yourselves (nicely) boys and girls. Not that I plan to be back to check.....

The only time me and Mrs Hut visited Venice a mad italian decided to head butt the flower shop window opposite the restaurant we were in. He then wandered into the restaurant with blood ouzing from his head, grabbed a few napkins then fortunately disappeared into the night leaving a trail of blood the police followed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The only time me and Mrs Hut visited Venice a mad italian decided to head butt the flower shop window opposite the restaurant we were in. He then wandered into the restaurant with blood ouzing from his head, grabbed a few napkins then fortunately disappeared into the night leaving a trail of blood the police followed.

Are you sure it wasn't FDM celebrating an injury time equaliser? He was certainly up for headbutting the stewards this afternoon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps this thread should now be locked now or deleted as I was unaware that clearly someone was very offended by the original act (so to speak).

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Sorry, Harty, that is bollocks.

Yorkie is a moderator on the BrightonFans forum. As such, she applies the long-established rules of that forum. People who post there regularly know what those rules are, and they accept them. People who are new-comers (including last week's refugees from NSC) were reminded of the rules by Coxy.

For you to personalise this in the way you have, by claiming that Yorkie is "not for turning", that it is SHE who is "laying down the law" on the basis of HER arbitrary knowledge of "right and wrong" is COMPLETELY UNFAIR. And for you to utter this shite on the BBC and repeat it here on NSC shows an ignorance that you should be ashamed of.

You have abused your position as a BBC presenter and should apologise.
To be fair to Harty, i dont think it was meant as a derrogative remark, just a bit of harmless fun, once he knew that Yorkie was offended, he both apologised to her on 'Brightonfans' and in a personal message.

I think the subject should now be dropped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here