Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartys Comparisons On The Phone In

Was Harty Right to Make a Comparison Between an NSC Poster and Mrs Thatcher ?

• Yes

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Could Care Less

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Personally I think that you can disagree with someone opinions or actions, but any kind of personal abuse is out of order.
From my limited experience with Brightonfans moderation policies last week I'm not sure you can disagree with some persons opinions there. The moderators seem to get very uptight very easily. Having read the phone in thread on Brightonfans, I can't find any personal abuse there at all, just what reads as constructive disagreement (although that may not be the case on every other threads).

...and then a moderator suddenly launches an outburst from nowhere.

Lush

Mods' Pet
From my limited experience with Brightonfans moderation policies last week I'm not sure you can disagree with some persons opinions there. The moderators seem to get very uptight very easily. Having read the phone in thread on Brightonfans, I can't find any personal abuse there at all, just what reads as constructive disagreement (although that may not be the case on every other threads).

...and then a moderator suddenly launches an outburst from nowhere.

I wasn't really talking about whether or not you can disagree with someone's opinion on brightonfans, more that personal abuse on a local radio station is out of order. X

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I wasn't really talking about whether or not you can disagree with someone's opinion on brightonfans, more that personal abuse on a local radio station is out of order. X
Fair enough. In that case I would agree with you :bigwave::thumbsup:

However I can't listen to the SCR commentary or phone in up here, so have no idea what was actually said (abusive or otherwise) other than what has been posted on this site and elsewhere.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I abuse Richie on a weekly basis on The Albion Roar (and no, there aren't any pic's before you ask!), but then, he is actually there to give as good as he gets.

Lush - can I be added as a DAFT Bint? I'm feeling a bit left out! lol!

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
Without wishing to comment on the case in question, it does rather illumine the sad state of the UK when being compared to the top position in government is immediately taken as an insult.

Still. . .

I saw a newspaper picture from the political campaign
A woman was kissing a child, who was obviously in pain
She spills with compassion, as that young child's
face in her hands she grips
Can you imagine all that greed and avarice
coming down on that child's lips

Well I hope I don't die too soon
I pray the Lord my soul to save
Oh I'll be a good boy, I'm trying so hard to behave
Because there's one thing I know, I'd like to live
long enough to savour
That's when they finally put you in the ground
I'll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down

When England was the whore of the world
Margaret was her madam
And the future looked as bright and as clear as
the black tarmacadam
Well I hope that she sleeps well at night, isn't
haunted by every tiny detail
'Cos when she held that lovely face in her hands
all she thought of was betrayal

etc

Lush

Mods' Pet
I abuse Richie on a weekly basis on The Albion Roar (and no, there aren't any pic's before you ask!), but then, he is actually there to give as good as he gets.

Lush - can I be added as a DAFT Bint? I'm feeling a bit left out! lol!

Dun! But I've had to have a bit of a cull to fit you in because the bastard mods have cut down the signature length! X

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Seriously Lush how can be being compared to Mrs Thatcher be classed as personal abuse?

With NSC 'off air' I went on to brightonfans.com just as Yorkie was laying down the law.
Clearly this lady is not for turning and knows exactly what right and what's wrong hence my comparison with Maggie.
Sorry, Harty, that is bollocks.

Yorkie is a moderator on the BrightonFans forum. As such, she applies the long-established rules of that forum. People who post there regularly know what those rules are, and they accept them. People who are new-comers (including last week's refugees from NSC) were reminded of the rules by Coxy.

For you to personalise this in the way you have, by claiming that Yorkie is "not for turning", that it is SHE who is "laying down the law" on the basis of HER arbitrary knowledge of "right and wrong" is COMPLETELY UNFAIR. And for you to utter this shite on the BBC and repeat it here on NSC shows an ignorance that you should be ashamed of.

You have abused your position as a BBC presenter and should apologise.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry, Harty, that is bollocks.

Yorkie is a moderator on the BrightonFans forum. As such, she applies the long-established rules of that forum. People who post there regularly know what those rules are, and they accept them. People who are new-comers (including last week's refugees from NSC) were reminded of the rules by Coxy.

For you to personalise this in the way you have, by claiming that Yorkie is "not for turning", that it is SHE who is "laying down the law" on the basis of HER arbitrary knowledge of "right and wrong" is COMPLETELY UNFAIR. And for you to utter this shite on the BBC and repeat it here on NSC shows an ignorance that you should be ashamed of.

You have abused your position as a BBC presenter and should apologise.

I suppose he should also apologies to the referee last Saturday for that slanderous comment when marking him as well :rolleyes:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
oh, just when it had all calmed down.

Over reaction I think and aren't you are confusing what was posted on here with what was said on the radio LB.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I suppose he should also apologies to the referee last Saturday for that slanderous comment when marking him as well :rolleyes:

I think the referee at Oldham should apologise to ALL of us today for being a complete NUMPTY though. His double standards were very, very shoddy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here