Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty upsets the leeds fan

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Just been on to the 606 league 1 site and Leeds fans are up in arms over Hartys article in the worthing herald this week....about the 15 points....

Next year if we play them Harty and you go to the game have fun:yahoo:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
and Boston, how did they avoid that and get the 15pts instead??

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
But they were punished because they, and predominantly Bates, tried to pull the wool over the Football League's eyes at the end of last season, when they went into virtual 11th-hour administration.

It was, in my opinion, a blatant attempt to flout the rules and, given that every other club has had 10 points deducted when they have gone down that route — and in Rotherham United's case it was twice in 18 months — a further five-point penalty was justified.

mostly those paragraphs.

we were deducted ten points, what further five penalty?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree with the sentiments, but Harty is not "spot on".
It was nothing to do with them engineering the 10 point deduction last season after they'd already been relegated. They were deducted 15 points for coming out of administration without an agreed CVA in place, which is a breach of FL rules.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
But they were punished because they, and predominantly Bates, tried to pull the wool over the Football League's eyes at the end of last season, when they went into virtual 11th-hour administration.

It was, in my opinion, a blatant attempt to flout the rules and, given that every other club has had 10 points deducted when they have gone down that route — and in Rotherham United's case it was twice in 18 months — a further five-point penalty was justified.

mostly those paragraphs.

we were deducted ten points, what further five penalty?

Yep, whether you agree or not with the penalty he seems to be confused about what the 15 points was taken for.

The 15 points has NOTHING to do with last season, even the FA have admitted that.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Yep, whether you agree or not with the penalty he seems to be confused about what the 15 points was taken for.

The 15 points has NOTHING to do with last season, even the FA have admitted that.

indeed. but he is not the first, nor will he be the last to run his mouth without the full facts.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I agree with the sentiments, but Harty is not "spot on".
It was nothing to do with them engineering the 10 point deduction last season after they'd already been relegated. They were deducted 15 points for coming out of administration without an agreed CVA in place, which is a breach of FL rules.

So has any other club done this?

If so what punishment did they recieve?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
shame he hasnt done any research.

Was gonna say the same. It's murky territory for Harty to venture into. I hate Leeds and the false 'big club' mentality, but I know very little about the legal ins and outs of this case, so wouldn't dream of writing a piece like that. If it's a 'comment' piece, then he might be able to get away with it, but beardy Bates will no doubt get his lawyers to analyse the story word for word. Reckon Harty thought that a story in a tiny Worthing newspaper would pass by without mention :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So has any other club done this?

If so what punishment did they recieve?

It's never happened before, which is how Leeds are aguing the case about the 15 points.

Nothing in the rule book actually says what happens if you come out of admin without a CVA.

What it says is that is the league preferred way unless they are exceptional circumstances. The league agreed there were exceptional circumstances then slapped the point ban on.

Like it or not, this was always going to end up in the courts.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
It's never happened before, which is how Leeds are aguing the case about the 15 points.

Nothing in the rule book actually says what happens if you come out of admin without a CVA.

What it says is that is the league preferred way unless they are exceptional circumstances. The league agreed there were exceptional circumstances then slapped the point ban on.

Like it or not, this was always going to end up in the courts.

Remind me why all those years ago why Aldershot were dropped all those leagues?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a shame if Harty has slightly undermined the strength of this piece with some factual errors, because the main thrust of it and opinion being expressed is totally correct.

I think the obvious point is that you can't suddenly start moving the goalposts at this tense stage of the season, it's plainly absurd. Everyone (including Leeds) has known where they stood all season, and Brighton, or Tranmere, or Southend do not deserve to be now edged out of the play-offs should they make it there.

Unfortunately I doubt we would go to expensive litigation over this, for reasons we're all too familiar with. And I'd be as annoyed as Harty if Bates, who is basically just a bully, got his way because he had the money to throw at the lawyers.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here