Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

harty spouting about potential new investors and men with money...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
sitting in the North Stand.

Is there any evidence that a single investor has come forward with an offer of cash in the past 5 years, with or without strings attached about membership of the board or some element of 'control', and been turned down ??

Or that a single one of them has offered to go some of the hard yards on the stadium planning application ??

It's all so much hot air... if they exist then they should make their offers and do it in public, rather than sitting on their hands in the North Stand.

After all we are a 'community club' and as a 'community' we should know what is going on.

Then again, perhaps it IS just hot air - and there really is NOTHINg to be told.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The investors, decent ones and well dodgy ones, will all come crawling out of the woodwork as soon as Falmer finally gets the green light. Would be good if the decent ones were brought on board before the green light, before the club slips down another division.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What sort of 'fan' who could be investing in the club, sits on his hands while we struggle like this ?

Personally, they don't sound like the sort of 'fans' that I would want involved in the running of the club.

It doesn't sound like their motives are the success of the club, both on and off the pitch.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I occasionally listen to the phone in and every time I do Harty seems to say that he knows of lots of investors waiting to come in, but doesn't want to name them. But none of them ever do.

Does he just make them up to annoy Dick Knight?

Must admit that I'm not a harty fan, but that is probably more because this time last season he said that the Hatters would "sink faster than the Belgrano"

:wave: :wave: :wave:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Titanic said:
What sort of 'fan' who could be investing in the club, sits on his hands while we struggle like this ?

Personally, they don't sound like the sort of 'fans' that I would want involved in the running of the club.

It doesn't sound like their motives are the success of the club, both on and off the pitch.

Why not? If I were loaded right now would be exactly the time the club needs my financial support...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
tedebear said:
If I were loaded right now would be exactly the time the club needs my financial support...

That's exactly what I was saying Tede.

If that has happened and they have been turned down, then it would be nice to know why. If not, then as I said, what sort of 'fans' are they ?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Titanic said:
That's exactly what I was saying Tede.

If that has happened and they have been turned down, then it would be nice to know why. If not, then as I said, what sort of 'fans' are they ?

Sorry I misunderstood you :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As Harty said and if you listened to him properly ' he could take anybody into the North Stand and point out - he is worth so much, he is worth so much he is worth so much etc'. There are many very wealthy people who sit and watch BHA as well as some serious wealth on the board/ investing. Any group of tiose, could if they wished, form a consortium to buy the club and give them the money that is needed. This could be what DK is hinting at when he says 'the money is available' but the seller has to agree to sell his shares, and if you were a director of this club, having gone so far and being so near Falmer's YES would you sell your shares?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If I was an investor, there is no way I would privide finance until Falmer is a definate Yes and the surveyors are on site!

It will come...we just have to bear with it!

:nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ronnie Raggio was seen drive from the ground in his convertible, he's got a few bob and is a decent guy ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Large One said:
Everyone is a potential new investor - even if it's only twenty quid.

Of course the money is there. It's the lack of will that's the problem.

No-one will invest till the new stadium is agreed and being built

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Beach Hut said:
No-one will invest till the new stadium is agreed and being built
Exactly.

Anyone investing now will not be guaranteed their money back. Dick Knight calls it an 'investment of the heart'. I can see what he means. Unfortunately, in this instance, when people think about money, it's with their head - not their heart.

Still, Dick was gracious enough to take that plunge.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I did 'listen to him properly'. Perhaps if you had read my post properly you would have seen that.

I will ask again:

"Is there any evidence that a single investor has come forward with an offer of cash in the past 5 years, with or without strings attached about membership of the board or some element of 'control', and been turned down ??

Or that a single one of them has offered to go some of the hard yards on the stadium planning application ??

It's all so much hot air... if they exist then they should make their offers and do it in public, rather than sitting on their hands in the North Stand."

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Titanic said:

Exactly what I thought when Harty was saying it. They are such great fans that their intention to invest is on hold until we have a nice shiny new asset at Falmer, hmmm.

I'm sure Falmer will bring "investors" forward, but I bet they are not people who were sat in the North Stand on Sunday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hate to say it but it is a lack of YES that is the problem with investors but that is not the reason for poor half hearted displays by the players that we have already.

One would have assumed that having played in The Championship last season that they would have been good enough to survive in this division, if not set it alight, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gritt23 said:

I'm sure Falmer will bring "investors" forward, but I bet they are not people who were sat in the North Stand on Sunday.

Ain't that the truth?

At least DK is Brighton through and through.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
BensGrandad said:
I hate to say it but it is a lack of YES that is the problem with investors

Not exactly 'fans' then are they ? More like already wealthy people out to make a quick buck out of the club, and enjoy the prawn sandwiches in a box at Falmer.

Isn't it a pity more of them haven't been committed enough to the club, like Dick Knight, to help us through the painful years ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here