Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty returns to the Phone-In

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
with luck, he has been feverishly busy in his shed trying to scrape together a few new one liners....:thud:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well, he was in the studios in Sussex today!

He mentioned that he had attended a kids function in Worthing this morning.

so, still namedropping and claiming fame then ?:laugh:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As Vegster says, a name dropper extroadinaire. An ugly trait as told to me by no other than Des Lynam.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Good news. I wonder how long everyone will keep up this charade of loving the phone-in with Ian Hart though - give it a few weeks and everyone will remember that they never actually liked it much in the first place!
Bang on the money with this one.

He's only back till the next time, he can't help himself.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As Vegster says, a name dropper extroadinaire. An ugly trait as told to me by no other than Des Lynam.

Strangely enough, Des asked me to ask you if you can come round and do something with one of his sash cord windows that keeps jamming?
I did tell him that sash cords are SO last week but he says that since he had to bale out of Countdown due to the mileage allowance cut, he has to make do and mend .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Strangely enough, Des asked me to ask you if you can come round and do something with one of his sash cord windows that keeps jamming?
I did tell him that sash cords are SO last week but he says that since he had to bale out of Countdown due to the mileage allowance cut, he has to make do and mend .

Does he want waxed cords or just the plain type ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
whats sad is the fact that Des wanted me to lighten the tint on his prescription sunglasses as the the sides were loose on his first pair. The threads were stripped after I had to keep tightening them up for him.. I said you can get a set of optical screwdrivers in the market for 99p but he wouldn't go for it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
whats sad is the fact that Des wanted me to lighten the tint on his prescription sunglasses as the the sides were loose on his first pair. The threads were stripped after I had to keep tightening them up for him.. I said you can get a set of optical screwdrivers in the market for 99p but he wouldn't go for it

I did mention this fact when I bumped into him in the Riverside Cafe in Hammersmith but he just said that it was a private ophthalmologistical matter and this was neither the time nor the place.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Bang on the money with this one.

He's only back till the next time, he can't help himself.

Then who the hell would do a better job, thank god he is back abit of passion you never know it might rub off on the team.:clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Then who the hell would do a better job, thank god he is back abit of passion you never know it might rub off on the team.:clap2:

I get the impression that he thinks the team are doing Ok

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think it's great news, Harty is one of us, the hysterical reaction to lickergate was an embarrassment, and justice has been done with his reinstatement.

I would rather have a fan host the phone in than a professional BBC person, it's the same on 6-0-6, Danny Baker or Alan Green? The program may go off topic, but at least with Ian Hart he makes a decent effort to keep it entertaining.

If you think the callers are a bunch of turnips, then why not call in and improve it yourselves, instead of bitching on NSC about Doris from Worthing and her preoccupation with Nicky Forster's haircut?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think it's great news, Harty is one of us, the hysterical reaction to lickergate was an embarrassment, and justice has been done with his reinstatement.

I would rather have a fan host the phone in than a professional BBC person, it's the same on 6-0-6, Danny Baker or Alan Green? The program may go off topic, but at least with Ian Hart he makes a decent effort to keep it entertaining.

If you think the callers are a bunch of turnips, then why not call in and improve it yourselves, instead of bitching on NSC about Doris from Worthing and her preoccupation with Nicky Forster's haircut?

Harty is one of us

Thats cheered me up this morning. Well done :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here