Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty - please get DK on the phone in on Saturday

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We need some answers about this latest fiasco. I'm not a nutter, Ive been a DK and McGhee fan right up to now but now I've had it.

We've supposedly offered £150k for a player but yet still failed to get a striker who would do a job in League One. It just doesn't make sense, and smells of the worst kind of PR.

Last edited:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
They identified the players they felt they wanted, they made fair offers but refused to pat over the odds, and weren't successful in a very competitive market. In the overall scheme of things, it is not that big a deal.

dont_panic.gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Juan Albion said:
They identified the players they felt they wanted, they made fair offers but refused to pat over the odds, and weren't successful in a very competitive market. In the overall scheme of things, it is not that big a deal.

dont_panic.gif

And the current squad is good enough to challenge for the play offs is it????

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Juan Albion said:

dont_panic.gif

What the f*** is wrong with you,we have had f***ing months to bring in players.We have failed today to sign 1 non league player and 1 league 2 player and 1 league 1 reserve.Yet would not take a 25k gamble on a target.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Juan Albion said:

It IS that big a deal though, isn't it.
This transfer window deadline hasn't just sprung up out of nowhere. We've had ALL SUMMER to get reinforcements in, and once again each and every target has fallen by the wayside for one reason or another. We've been left scrambling around at the last minute (again), and ended up with precisely f*** all. The squad is paper thin, full of kids, no leadership, and a manager at the helm who is seemingly powerless to do anyhing about it.

This is grim.

Last edited:

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Absolutely agree, sound slike its the same crap again. Couldn't we have even got a swap deal for CKR at SU?? Its pathetic and no doubt its yet another sale that will not be reinvested.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
D/K has a plan. Like you? i dont what it is.All i say is maybe we have no cash? However would you give your existing manager cash if you were about to ???? him?:albion:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This transfer window deadline hasn't just sprung up out of nowhere.

f***ing quality:clap2:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Seems to me the problem is that most players don't actually want to come here in the first place. But who can blame them when the club's in turmoil without a proper ground and nothing to say we'll even exist for much longer if Falmer doesn't get sorted.

I blame De Vechhi and LDC :censored:

Giraffe said:
And the current squad is good enough to challenge for the play offs is it????
No it isn't - but Dick Knight clearly said at the beginning of the season that midtable would be acceptable. So why the surprise?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Al Bion said:
Seems to me the problem is that most players don't actually want to come here in the first place. But who can blame them when the club's in turmoil without a proper ground and nothing to say we'll even exist for much longer if Falmer doesn't get sorted.

I blame De Vechhi and LDC :censored:

The club isn't in turmoil.It's Mcghee and Knight failing to sign players

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
LDC are a massive f***ing headache to us, but if as a club we're left unable to manouevre cos of the falmer challenge then the people running the club arent up to the task

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
London Irish said:
No it isn't - but Dick Knight clearly said at the beginning of the season that midtable would be acceptable. So why the surprise?

So Steve.Would you blame the fans for not turning up now because they have been let down time and time again.You have to draw the line somewhere.Why watch a team get stuffed?It hurts and pissses you off

vulture said:
Yet would not take a 25k gamble on a target.

Two years paying a guy to sit on the treatment table would not have cost £25k. Possibly ten times that :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
Start lowering your sights to midtable, and don't be surpised if we end up sailing uncomfortably close to a nasty shock...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
London Irish said:
Two years paying a guy to sit on the treatment table would not have cost £25k. Possibly ten times that :rolleyes:

Have to agree on that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here