Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty - patronising and pompous

Outrageous. His attitude towards Sue was thoughtless, patronising, pompous and even Roz thought he was out of order.

Her point was well made and reflected MANY peoples thoughts but he and his limp lettuce cohort treated her outrageoulsly even after he cut her short.

And the next call was exactly what she had been saying. I called in and even the researcher said he was out of order. Surprising I didn't make it on air then?????

I also would have loved to talk about our 3 excellent signings but too much time was wasted on irrelevent ramblings or his hurt about programme notes.

He made a comment after the Orient game along the lines of Martin Ling probably being out of a job in a week - listen to the tape - and he really needs to sort things like this out. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what exactly happened?

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
It was utterly pathetic - someone says something that rains briefly on his parade and he starts throwing all of his toys out of the pram. The man must live in some strange 1950s bubble. Get rid if that's the best he can manage.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
NS Herald said:
She said there were too many irrelevant calls and more time should be spent on calls about the match so he cut her off, called her the blue rinse brigade and then took a call that was a complete waste of time. He has said he will apologise but his attitude sucked:angry: :angry:

i am not defending harty here, however, i think what started out as a light hearted banter between sue and harty turned, when we could hear a lot of laughing in the background, which rightly or wrongly, was interpreted as the call may have been a wind up.

After the call on the Orient show where harty was personally attcked for something he did not say about the Naylor article, then certainly He is on his guard.

In fairness he has apologised on air and will call Sue this week to apologise in person.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Biscuit said:
For everyone born after 1912, what is the 'blue rinse brigade'?

Seeing as know one else knows..

"The Blue rinse brigade is a somewhat pejorative term used, particularly in the United Kingdom, to describe elderly middle-class ladies usually of a conservative socio-political persuasion. This group is usually characterised as forming the backbone of local branches of the Conservative Party, who consequently tend to disapprove of female or non-white candidates for elections which results in the predominance of middle-class male white candidates put forward by the party, to the despair of recent party leaders such as Michael Howard and David Cameron[1]"

I thought Sue was a woman.. no idea if shes black or white though..

Harty in RACIST shocker! :eek:

Now come on people, lets not spoil a good 3 points with this inevitable Harty bashing which seems all the rage with you lot!

Dave the Gaffer said:
i am not defending harty here, however, i think what started out as a light hearted banter between sue and harty turned, when we could hear a lot of laughing in the background, which rightly or wrongly, was interpreted as the call may have been a wind up.

After the call on the Orient show where harty was personally attcked for something he did not say about the Naylor article, then certainly He is on his guard.

In fairness he has apologised on air and will call Sue this week to apologise in person.

How can a suggestion that a phone in concentrate on the football be possibly interpreted as a wind up. YOu are both too sensitive or your egos need bringing down :angry: :angry:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The trouble is Harty and DTG love their own voices too much!

When you actually listen to what they say it is not an awful lot!

It is the worst phone in show ever FACT!

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
bhanutz said:
The trouble is Harty and DTG love their own voices too much!

When you actually listen to what they say it is not an awful lot!

It is the worst phone in show ever FACT!

Could not agree more, they were shocking today....:yawn:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Dave the Gaffer said:

Can't disagree with that summary.. as usual we have Brighton fans overreacting to a non-event...

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
The phone in could be improved by Ian Hart letting his callers make their points in full without contstantly interupting or cutting across them with his own opinions.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty did not have his finest hour it has to be said and that comes from a big fan, his get back to your knitting was unprofessional but he had to incur the wrath of Ros and she is one sharp lady I think he realised the error of his ways when Roz spanked his bottom

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
was a very dull phone in, only caught the last half hour but the lack of football chat was shocking. I don't care about Andy Naylor or someone women moaning about stuff i want peoples opinion on the game and how we just beat one of the best teams in the league, thought that was the point of the phone in

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
NS Herald said:
How can a suggestion that a phone in concentrate on the football be possibly interpreted as a wind up. YOu are both too sensitive or your egos need bringing down :angry: :angry:

that is a fair comment, and perhaps you are correct. if that comes accross,then i am truly sorry...i assure you its not meant to be that way. if our ego's are massaged, then that is not why we do it. i just enjoy the banter and hearing other people's opinions.

as i said, following on from the orient things, perhaps we are a bit sensitive and on our guard.

as i said though, apologise were made on air...i am not sure what else we can say

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rookie said:
was a very dull phone in, only caught the last half hour but the lack of football chat was shocking. I don't care about Andy Naylor or someone women moaning about stuff i want peoples opinion on the game and how we just beat one of the best teams in the league, thought that was the point of the phone in

i actually tjhought there was a lot about the match...certainly that young lad was very coherent.....

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Smart Mart said:
The phone in could be improved by Ian Hart letting his callers make their points in full without contstantly interupting or cutting across them with his own opinions.

I fully agree with that!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I like the Harty and Gaffer show , come on give these guys a break , the phone in is essential viewing and by and large they do a great job, what would you prefer Gardeners Questions and Answers from Ethel in East Grinstead ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here