Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartlepool - Ineligible Player [Merged Threads]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Its possible all the Hartlepool players, management, subs, directors and fans were looking in one of the flats in the corner of the ground, so missed this happen.

To be fair, it may be that someone was doing the ironing while watching the ice skating in one of those flats. They are incredibly distracting. I remember watching a couple have a massive row inside a flat during one of our games at Orient. They were going for ages before the woman finally shut the curtains :lolol:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Not sure if it's fair that we get the 3 points, as surely this would be unfair on the teams around us who had nothing to do with the game. There's no garantee that we would have done any better had Liddle not been playing so to just give us the points doesn't reflect the offence.

However, Hartlepool must be docked the 3 points, and should also have a hefty fine. One or the other won't do, and if it was just a fine it would be a joke as that would basically condone paying to have your best players free from suspension if you felt you needed them.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
P.S. I don't think anyone has posted this laughable interview:

Hartlepool boss Chris Turner is adamant the club are innocent regarding their Football Association charge for fielding an ineligible player.

Midfielder Gary Liddle featured in Pools' 2-0 defeat of Brighton on Easter Monday when he should have served the first of a two-match suspension.

"I believe we are innocent and three or four different things have conspired to the situation," Turner told BBC Tees.

"The FA, so I am led to believe, are understanding about it."

Liddle, who has also been charged, collected his 10th yellow card in the previous game at Leyton Orient two days earlier, both he and the club have until 26 April to respond to the FA.

"He'll miss the Stockport game, and he'll be available for the Colchester game," Turner added.

"We found out Tuesday morning, but that's all I'm saying, we've got an FA inquiry.

"The bottom line is, what manager or coach in the world would select a player to play in a team, if he knew he wasn't allowed to play? That's less than Sunday league stuff."

a) how the f*** can they be 'innocent', they fielded the player and ignorance is definetely not an excuse
b) what factors could possible conspire against you? if the player has received a suspension that's the end of the matter. Again, not realising does not condone the action.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair, it may be that someone was doing the ironing while watching the ice skating in one of those flats. They are incredibly distracting. I remember watching a couple have a massive row inside a flat during one of our games at Orient. They were going for ages before the woman finally shut the curtains :lolol:

Those flats at Orient are HILARIO
"We can see you washing up"
"We can see-you washing up"

:lolol:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I would be amazed if Hartlepool did not have three points deducted. However, despite how illogical it might appear, I'd also be amazed if we got awarded the points. The FL should really sort this out pronto, though - leaving it until 26th April at the earliest means there will only be two games left by the time they make their mind up.

I was shocked to see the decision will be made as late as the 26th due to Hartlepool being involved in the relegation fight. 2 weeks from when they knew about the problem would be sufficient time wouldnt it? What happens if Hartlepool appeal against the decision and that takes another 3 weeks and that will be beyond the end of the season!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
P.S. I don't think anyone has posted this laughable interview:

Hartlepool boss Chris Turner is adamant the club are innocent regarding their Football Association charge for fielding an ineligible player.

Midfielder Gary Liddle featured in Pools' 2-0 defeat of Brighton on Easter Monday when he should have served the first of a two-match suspension.

"I believe we are innocent and three or four different things have conspired to the situation," Turner told BBC Tees.

"The FA, so I am led to believe, are understanding about it."

Liddle, who has also been charged, collected his 10th yellow card in the previous game at Leyton Orient two days earlier, both he and the club have until 26 April to respond to the FA.

"He'll miss the Stockport game, and he'll be available for the Colchester game," Turner added.

"We found out Tuesday morning, but that's all I'm saying, we've got an FA inquiry.

"The bottom line is, what manager or coach in the world would select a player to play in a team, if he knew he wasn't allowed to play? That's less than Sunday league stuff."

a) how the f*** can they be 'innocent', they fielded the player and ignorance is definetely not an excuse
b) what factors could possible conspire against you? if the player has received a suspension that's the end of the matter. Again, not realising does not condone the action.

Err? Can you run that by me again Chris? So because you 'didn't realise' he should sit out the Brighton game, you should not be punished, BUT ALSO, that game DOES count as one of the two he 'misses'? [even though he PLAYED in it!]

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Err? Can you run that by me again Chris? So because you 'didn't realise' he should sit out the Brighton game, you should not be punished, BUT ALSO, that game DOES count as one of the two he 'misses'? [even though he PLAYED in it!]

We shall have to look out at the team sheet for that game and another monumental f*** UP by Hartlepool.

Send the fuckers down. Stelling is an arse and I wanna see his face on the final day when they are doomed!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Yeah I also spotted this.

Is he actually TRYING to look like a clueless nob, or is he just one naturally.

It's a truely bewildering quote.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not quite Hans. Liddle was suspended against Wycombe on Saturday, so the second one is against Stockport.

He will be available against Colchester.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We should be allowed to donate the 3 points to a team of our choice , Sheffield Wednesday are the most deserving at the moment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not quite Hans. Liddle was suspended against Wycombe on Saturday, so the second one is against Stockport.

He will be available against Colchester.

Yep i assumed this was the case

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That's beside the point. He may have made the tackle which gave them possession to go on and score.
I think they should be deducted the 3 points they won but nothing should be awarded to Brighton.

Think you may wanna re-read why i said that :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Makes me laugh that they would deduct Hartlepool the 3 points but not give them to us, basically then, as Poyet said, we will only have 45 results this season. Completely unfair. :nono:

Indeed. Pisses me right off. :US:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Think you may wanna re-read why i said that :D

The point is, that it is entirely irrelevant what influence he had on the game. The rules say if he is suspended he should not be played.

It is far too subjective to try and judge a potential punishment based upon a players influence on a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here