Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surely a points deduction ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Very interesting.

I'd expect the game to be replayed at the best, more likely a fine and/or points deduction for Hartlepool.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Surely a replay of the match should be a bare minimum?

I know it's a different football association, but when Dunfermline fielded an illegible player against the mighty Stenhousemuir in the Scottish Cup earlier this season, that's what their penalty was.

That was a bit of a colossal pisstake though, considering Dunfermline had won 7-1 in the original tie. No prizes for guessing who got through the replay...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thinking about it is the referees job to ensure all players are registered and also check on how many cards they have received ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Just reverse the result, simple

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Behave yourselves, as if the FA are going to replay the game or give us the points :lolol:

Hartlepool contacted the FA themselves and alerted them of the error, they've been charged and I'd be very surprised if anything more happens.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They'll get a fine, would be fair if we had the option of a replay though.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think a few other clubs at the foot of League One will be a bit pissed off....if you can get away with a fine, then it makes a mockery of the whole suspension system - rich clubs would just ignore it. It seems Harlepool have a few weeks to explain themselves, but you might expect the likes of Tranmere, Orient, Oldham and Gillingham to be taking an interest.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
It is impossible to say how much effect one player had on the result, one pass,tackle could have totally changed the game. They should lose the points and they should be given to us. There must be a president somewhere ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
In Orient end up in the bottom four Barry 'Rentagob' Herne will have something to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here