Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartlepool Announcement

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This is still complete tosh , suposing we were relegated this year on goal difference eg -2 the very 2 that Hartlepool scored against us, The FA need to come up with a universal ruling that covers all clubs in all leagues ,not horses for courses pishposh.

Yes it does not really affect us but it could well have done its ok docking the offending team the points but there needs to be a clear cut rule that the team that were cheated if they happen to lose or draw are compensated the points lost.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their -3 point deduction should stand, but the game should be replayed at a neutral venue, such as Wembley. Gives us the chance to win our point(s) from the game again.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There should be a straight forward punishment for the action that is issued instantly. not a 4 week decision with the opportunity for appeals and such.

If we were lower down we would be in uproar about this.

They have cheated and should have a punishment, otherwise we could see a few more clubs risking it in the future.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They have cheated and should have a punishment, otherwise we could see a few more clubs risking it in the future.

Well, they HAVE been punished. A game they won has now been turned into a defeat (abeit without adversely affecting their GD). I don't think any other clubs will see this as much of an incentive to play a banned player.

I'm fairly ambivilant this time as the points would make naff-all difference to us. The "cheated" team should perhaps be compensated with something, but its difficult to say "give us the points", because we could (in theory) knock someone else out of a playoff/promotion spot by doing that.
And that wouldn't sit right either.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

What a load of bollocks, there was no malevolent intent in what Hartlepool did, they made a mistake, have suffered as a consequence. Players cheat in EVERY match, diving, appealing etc, and they don't always get punished.

Wind your neck in, if the match had been against any other team than the Albion we would not have given a flying one.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Well, they HAVE been punished. A game they won has now been turned into a defeat (abeit without adversely affecting their GD). I don't think any other clubs will see this as much of an incentive to play a banned player.

I'm fairly ambivilant this time as the points would make naff-all difference to us. The "cheated" team should perhaps be compensated with something, but its difficult to say "give us the points", because we could (in theory) knock someone else out of a playoff/promotion spot by doing that.
And that wouldn't sit right either.

Exactly.
If the scenario that we were down the bottom scrapping for survival was reality, and we were given the three points for a game we lost 2-0 and were supposedly shit in (despite opposition playing a banned player), how would a team feel if they were relegated by say 1 point due to us getting the plus 3.
Its a difficult one.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I want Exeter to stay up as it's an easy visit for me.

Hartlepool to lose 5 points for cheating,and another 10 for being northern.

Interesting to take a look at the Hartlepool fanzine site & BBC. Their supporters unsurprisingly seem to feel that the FA has not been equal & fair in this instance compared to previous cases. See that the football club are pondering an appeal. Yeah of course, depending on results post Saturday pm!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If they appeal and it is rejected can the FA increase the penalty if they feel in hindsight it wasnt the correct decision. I am not really sure on that particular aspect of the rules.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
3 points is not enough and harsh that we get nothing (even though it doesn't matter)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here