Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hart, owuso and whing offered new deals

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think Sullivan is VERY unfortunate not to be offered a new deal. I can't see what he's done wrong.

That stands out for me too. Bottom line is the club is investing big next season and we will be looking to buy quality players, but for me John Sullivan was a player who could hold his own at a higher level, maybe not now but in two years perhaps? Not sure what it says for our youth policy.

Dandyman

In London village.
Presumably this does "release" a lot of wages to fund the purchase and wages of new players.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
VERY good try, K T D A
I actually had a quick check of tyhe Argus site. :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think Sullivan is VERY unfortunate not to be offered a new deal. I can't see what he's done wrong.

He is probably the only one on the list who I feel could have been a real asset if we were challenging at the top of this league. The big question is will Slade be looking for a back up to Kuipers now or a new number one?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Also think it's a shame to see Hinsh go. I'd have kept him on a pay-as-you-play basis

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well here's a direct cut'n'paste from brightonfans.com posted during the inevitable NSC crash...

'Big cheers to brightonfans.com for providing its annual service of allowing us to discuss this on the day, while NSC does its annual pathetic crash.

Initial thoughts:

1. Sullivan - unless RS has another keeper waiting in the wings, we are left with zero cover for FDM. Still, expect the manager has that one covered, eh?

2. Loft - Result! - Scammed some of the people some of the time for far too long by jogging on a lot in the general vicinity of the ball while contributing next to nothing of any note.

3. Mayo - I'll refuse to believe it until he is served with an ASBO forbidding him to come anywhere near the training ground over the Summer. The first whiff of 'invited to train' and we're doomed to yet another year of The Ginger Slug.

4. Hinsh - Hmmm.. not sure about that one actually

5. Jakey - Yeah, give the boy a chance to shine or otherwise elsewhere. hope he makes it.

6. Fraser - Brave decision, but IMHO a good call. Was never going to get any stronger or more skillful.

In summary: loving the harshness of the decisions. A personal tragedy for each of the players concerned for sure, but that's the nature of the beast. We need to start gearing up in earnest for Falmer, and this looks like a major positive step in the right direction. So long as Slade is not sacked before the start of the season, that is...

THPP In Exile Mode From NSC'

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Shame to see Loft and Sullivan go but I agree with Slade on the others.

Im gutted for Sullivan. Can understand all the others but Loft has gone out on loan. Proven himself. come back and made a impact and we let him go? worth a 1 year? Fraser fought hard all year for a contract and was unlucky but in the end lacks the quality of a player like cox. robinson never fulfilled his potential and after the facebook mess deserved it. Carole Jarrett and burchill stand for adams's era and had to go. Jarrett was a poor mans Oatway anyway. Mayo should never have stayed on. spent thje whole year injred but thanks for the good memories Kerry! Cant comment on the kids.

Sullivan to Eastbourne Borough? They released long serving gk lee hook last week....Be a good move for both parties i think.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Can't understand why we keep Hart and let Loft and Sullivan go - Hart is prone to injurys and Sullivan and Loft I thought were getting better and are young enough

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

kuipers hasnt exactly been great under slade - if he has got his eye on another keeper, then sullivan would always be the one to go, although i do agree in that it does seem a strange one given the fact that he has looked useful in the games hes played

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Just waiting on the restructuring of the coaching and backroom staff now. Move White and Booker out to the reserve team roles etc and get new coaches in.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
The only positive in releasing the likes of Fraser, Loft, is that RS must want to get some real quality in.

And then he offers Owusu a new deal!!

WHAT?

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
The only positive in releasing the likes of Fraser, Loft, is that RS must want to get some real quality in.

WHAT?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol

WHAT?

Ahhh you must be saying WHAT? to THAT Owusu, as i was sure the Owusu we had this season scored 6 in 6 which basically kept us in league one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here