Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hart Of The Matter Special: Stewards

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I think a few people on here who slate stewards regularly should pay particular attention to this one.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Fifteen minute interview - too much to post. Very big well done to the club for doing this in response to NSC criticism.

They do briefly mention 'internet criticisms'.

Final point - his email is available and his door always open should you want to chat.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I thought it was a good [15 min] video. I hope stewarding does become different in each stands catering to perticular fans needs.

Again, just shows what a great club we have, you my not like what the guys says, but he has done the Albion Roar and Hart of the Matter. Fair play to him and the club.

Juts need to get him on The Moan In!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I thought it was a good [15 min] video. I hope stewarding does become different in each stands catering to perticular fans needs.
that's the easiest ,most simplest way to go about it

that way those who wish to sit and enjoy the game can see it get to enjoy without people standing up and RUINING it for them

and those was want to stand, sing and generally go bananas still can
:thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I heard the same a week or so ago, yep - they are really working to hard to accomodate every single "type" of supporter at the Falmer (although it appears that you if you work for the club you have to call it The Amex....:lolol:)

Not sure there is going to the "right old f**cking swear up section", but you get the idea.

I've met Richard Hebbard a few times (at SOL) - he's a good man who has worked tirelessly for the club on the new stadium and stadia really are his thing. There is much more to him than someone who simply tells the stewards what to do.

Of course there are things I would disagree with him about and I had to complain to him once or twice - but we're actually quite lucky to have him and hopefully a few will realise that when they walk into the new place.

Most of us have been dreaming about Falmer (sorry The Amex), but he's been one those whose been actively making it happen.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So presumably you have to subscribe to be able to see this ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would have thought the club might want this type of thing available to all supporters to watch as only superfans have Seagulls World.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
subscribed when it was shit then cancelled.lady from the club rang me and asked if iwould like it for 3 months free said yes still SHIT:amex:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just watched that. What a joke.

Yes - it's good of Hebbard to come out and do the club site/Albion Roar.

BUT he's NOT ADDRESSING THE ISSUE.

The entire Seagulls World video basically can be summed up in a couple of sentences:

1) If you've got a problem with stewarding issues, send let the club know rather than post abuse online.

2) We're trying to cater for the majority and have set our policy in accordance with national policy.

3) There's no suggestion that they are going to do things differently (depsite the many sensible suggestions on here of what could be done better) and with regard to the longer term issues in the signing section, they see H block as a minority so will continue to steward in the manner they have been doing the past few seasons.

4)The only changes at Falmer will be minor as they want the majority to be happy.

For me, this is a pretty poor move from a man more bothered about following guidance and policy rather than applying a bit of common sense, as per many other grounds. Basically, he's out of touch with fans needs and wants.

A bit of PR justifying the clubs decisions is NOT what is needed.

The club should be investigating all the different ways improvements can be made by taking into account the valuable feedback they've already got, rather than simply justifying the current unpopular policy and saying "if you don't like it, send me an e-mail" as if this will somehow change things for the better at Falmer.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

The entire Seagulls World video basically can be summed up in a couple of sentences:

1) If you've got a problem with stewarding issues, send let the club know rather than post abuse online.

2) We're trying to cater for the majority and have set our policy in accordance with national policy.

3) There's no suggestion that they are going to do things differently (depsite the many sensible suggestions on here of what could be done better) and with regard to the longer term issues in the signing section, they see H block as a minority so will continue to steward in the manner they have been doing the past few seasons.

4)The only changes at Falmer will be minor as they want the majority to be happy.

For me, this is a pretty poor move from a man more bothered about following guidance and policy rather than applying a bit of common sense, as per many other grounds. Basically, he's out of touch with fans needs and wants.

The club should be investigating all the different ways improvements can be made by taking into account the valuable feedback they've already got, rather than simply justifying the current unpopular policy and saying "if you don't like it, send me an e-mail" as if this will somehow change things for the better at Falmer.

Even if they intend to lighten up on a section at Falmer (not going spare about standing in the North Stand say) he is NEVER, EVER going to say this out loud in a public forum. It is against the law. It is pointless to expect anything different.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Considering it was done by the club it wasn't exactly going to be controversial was it? 15 minutes of nothing really. Two mates having a chat basically. No real issues raised and no questions really answered.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

That's a very inaccurate summary and I don't remember any specific reference to H block at all. He specifically said that different areas at Falmer will be stewarding differently - something that is quite difficult at Withdean.

If I've got a problem with the stewarding, it's because I think they are treating the naughty children in H block the wrong way.

Some of them are craving attention and I think it may be better to ignore them sometimes.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
article-1026357-0072FAE100000258-489_224x400.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here