Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I've just seen the linked article on the BBC's website and nearly choked on my cocoa when I read Harry's comment that, in terms of his QPR side:

"You shouldn't be paying massive wages when you've got a stadium that holds 18,000 people". Just what the f**k was he doing when he was manager of Portsmouth? Words fail me sometimes. Such hypocrisy makes me sick.

BBC Sport - Harry Redknapp:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sorry folks I meant Redknapp rather than Renknapp. Could a MOD please correct my faux pas.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Surely it's the managers job to identify players and then the Chairman's job to negotiate contracts? Can't see many Premiership managers negotiating the contracts.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps he has learnt from past mistakes, not so much hypocrisy, more... growth and maturity.

D

Deleted member 18477

Redknapp is a prick and i would love it if QPR went down! Along with Reading and saints!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It hasn't made any difference to Harry in the past what wages the chairman paid the players. Whilst he's correct surely the QPR chairman brought him in to get players like Boswinga to perform?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
These will be the same players that Harry's forced to play after once again claiming that he's 'down to the bare bones' following a couple of minor injuries.

D

Deleted member 18477

These will be the same players that Harry's forced to play after once again claiming that he's 'down to the bare bones' following a couple of minor injuries.

What amazes me about their squad is they have no young talent that's just come through their youth who want to play for QPR and not just for a quick payday.

Queens Park Rangers Squad
Goalkeepers
1 Green 24 Cerny 26 Murphy 33 Julio Cesar
Defenders
3 Traore 5 Ferdinand 6 Hill 15 Onuoha 17 Nelsen 19 Bosingwa 20 Da Silva 27 Harriman 39 Magri
Midfielders
2 Diakite 4 Derry 7 Park 10 Taarabt 11 Wright-Phillips 14 Granero 18 Dyer 22 Ephraim 28 Ehmer 29 Doughty 32 Faurlin 40 Mbia
Forwards
8 Johnson 9 Cisse 12 Mackie 23 Hoilett 25 Zamora

Team they should play currently IMO:

Cesar

Onuoha - Nelson - Ferdinand - Fabio Da Silva

Derry - Faurlin

SWP - Taarabt - Hoilett

Mackie

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think this is Harry starting to cover his arse, he's had a few games now and the " Dead Cat Bounce " has not occured and so they are really struggling now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He has, check the penultimate paragraph "we are desperately short of one or two bodies." The guy can't stop himself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can get good odds on QPR to stay up... I really think they will

Slim chance if you ask me. What odds can you get?

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Sunday Express back page "there are an awful lot of players at this club who are on far too much money....£130 grand ain't bad for two weeks is it?" Harry Redknapp
Page 81 of said esteemed journal, Ba has rejected QPR's £80,000 a week offer.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Sunday Express back page "there are an awful lot of players at this club who are on far too much money....£130 grand ain't bad for two weeks is it?" Harry Redknapp
Page 81 of said esteemed journal, Ba has rejected QPR's £80,000 a week offer.

Ba is a striker who is scoring and will continue to score. 80k a week is probably a little too much but not wholly unreasonable. Bosingwa is a right back who is coming to the end of his career who definitely isn't worth 65k a week.

D

Deleted member 18477

Ba is a striker who is scoring and will continue to score. 80k a week is probably a little too much but not wholly unreasonable. Bosingwa is a right back who is coming to the end of his career who definitely isn't worth 65k a week.

Bosingwa has won the champs league x 2, Portuguese league x 4, Portuguese cup x 1, Portuguese super cup x 3, English premier league x 1, fa cup x 3, community shield x 1.

And he's not worth 65k a week on a free transfer to someone like QPR? He's only 30 which isn't exactly old in today's game.

Harry Redknapp is just a prick! Bosingwa is one of the players that does deserve his big wage IMO! Harry is probably on at least 3 million a year which is 57k per week himself. Too much for a club with only 18,000 fans is it Harry? No didn't think so. The man is such a hypocrite!

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I suppose Redknapp is on a pittance of a wage as well

I'm sure his self-assessment says so. What his actual salary is only his dog's bank account knows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here