Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

harley hoskins on there way out

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Best we will get for harley is a loan out with us part paying his wages. He still has another year after this ffs. Easily the most costly signing cock up in Albion history.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So out of our central midfield of Crofts, Dicker, Bridcutt, Harley, Vincelot, Sparrow, JFC, and Kasim, we've actually only got Crofts, Dicker and Bridcutt who are going to play. Of those three, only Crofts and Bridcutt are any good!

Seems a tad light to me...

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Gus did a deal with B'muff seemingly without telling Hoskins who then got a bit bent out of shape on Twitter. Next thing he's off on loan the Sheff .......... think that's how it went

Ohhh yes I do remember. As much as I like him, our glorious leader does have quite a history of "implementing before informing" people doesn't he.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So out of our central midfield of Crofts, Dicker, Bridcutt, Harley, Vincelot, Sparrow, JFC, and Kasim, we've actually only got Crofts, Dicker and Bridcutt who are going to play. Of those three, only Crofts and Bridcutt are any good!

Yep, relies too heavily on those two ... plus it seems that Gus disagrees with your view of Dicker

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He requesting to go to Sheffield utd tht is

Why not? Obviously I don't now but I reckon there was a bust up over the B'mouth thing and left Hoskins with no real option. Gus said in the media he could stay and fight for a place but I never believed it. The whole Hoskins thing has been odd, despite the injuries he's never really been given a decent run in the team to prove anything, and Gus has appeared entirely disinterested in him almost from the off, which is odd given he signed him

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sidelined duo From The Argus)

“I am not going to say names but we’ve told everyone where they are, then the players have made their own decision. That’s fine.

“There are probably similar situations (to Sparrow and Vincelot) but not as drastic.”

bobbybighead

Jun 7, 2007
He must be re arranging the wage bill four average wage players on way out could mean one top earner or two better players coming in. Gus keeps things very close we will never know until it happens but I'd be very surprised if we didn't get more than one player in before the window closes.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Calde will play in midfield this year

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

And only the introduction of Crofts will stop us being rolled over in midfield as comprehensively as we were last season.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am puzzled about some of these decisions.Hoskins certainly seemed to be back in favour during the pre- season games and I thought he was doing well from what I read here.
Harley- It is a complete mystery as to why we signed him.Very few positive comments so letting him go makes sense , but why pick him to start games?
Sparrow- Surely we could have let go on a free and kept Navarro if he was a better option.
Vincelot- What has he done wrong? The impression I got fro reports and ratings was that he could certainly contribute as a fill in left back and DM.

Can some one who actually sees these guys play explain please?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
My theory is that Gus needs more money for a striker, and to do that he needs to reduce the wage bill - possibly under the instruction of TB. I can see why these four players are expendable

Yes i can see this ,Bloom has a record of business success . If Poyet can reduce his squad then he can recruit again,however i am not sure Bloom will want to break the wage cap .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here